|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person does White say can be found sleeping on the streets of New York in the summer?
2. What does White say people CANNOT change while in New York?
(a) Past history.
(d) None of these.
3. Which of the following is NOT out of date in this book?
(a) The population statistics.
(b) None of these.
(c) The tour times.
(d) The Broadway reviews.
4. Why did White agree to write this book?
(a) His wife liked the idea.
(b) His stepson worked for the company printing it.
(c) He loves New York.
(d) He was given a huge portion of the profits.
5. Why is White's stepson happy that White can't see the city now?
(a) He would never want to leave.
(b) He would hate it.
(c) He would feel ashamed for writing negative things.
(d) He would be very confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business has fewer open offices than White remembers?
2. What does White say the people in New York are constantly escaping?
3. What did White say changed New York the most?
4. Which of these do the subterranean lines under the city make possible?
5. What parts of the city does White say has changed the most?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)