|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major project was the celebrity involved in that White saw in New York one time?
(a) His autobiography.
(b) A compilation of his greatest news stories.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) The Broadway Revival.
2. What were pulled down in New York since White was a boy?
(a) Park playgrounds.
(b) Elevated railways.
(c) Old buildings.
(d) Fishing docks.
3. What does White give a list of reasons for?
(a) Why the city will never change.
(b) Why the city should have destroyed itself.
(c) Why people love the city.
(d) Why people should move away from there.
4. Which of these places does White say compares with New York?
(b) None of these.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. How do we see how White felt about "The Wizard of Oz"?
(a) He describes a poster for the movie.
(b) He talks about red slippers taking him home to New York.
(c) He talks about his excitement to meet one of the stars.
(d) He puts in a few lines from the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about this book is NOT outdated?
2. What is in the hearts of the people who bring passion to New York, according to White?
3. Which of these is NOT something that White says is destroying the city?
4. Why does White understand what draws people to New York?
5. Who explains the differences between the New York City written about and the current New York City?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)