|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains the differences between the New York City written about and the current New York City?
(a) The editor.
(d) The writer of the introduction.
2. What does White have to ignore to continue loving New York?
(a) The people.
(b) The bad memories.
(c) The changes.
(d) The criticism.
3. Which of these cities does White say gives the same sense to all its citizens?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
4. What has been gradually removed from the city since White lived there?
(b) Bill boards.
(c) Public schools.
5. Why is White's stepson happy that White can't see the city now?
(a) He would feel ashamed for writing negative things.
(b) He would never want to leave.
(c) He would hate it.
(d) He would be very confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the business the writer of the introduction of this book worked for?
2. What made White homeless for some time while living in New York?
3. What nickname did White have in college?
4. What does White give a list of reasons for?
5. Why did White first go to New York?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)