|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aside from religion, what does Bainton say Luther and the Reformation profoundly affected?
(b) the home
(c) the schools
(d) the marketplace
2. What is a frequent struggle for Luther?
(a) making financial ends meet
(b) sustaining his own faith
(c) debating the doubters
(d) answering his critics
3. With what does Luther substitute for the chants sung by priests?
(a) religious cantatas
(b) hymns sung by the congregation
(c) organ music by classical composers
(d) arias sung by female voices
4. What does Luther mean by saying that God can forgive only a lusty sinner?
(a) He means that God takes no notice of small sins.
(b) He means that only lusty sinners recognize their sin.
(c) He means that a big failure brings about great humility.
(d) He means that we should sin to get salvation.
5. Regardless of one's calling, what does Luther insist all should have?
(a) the opportunity to advance
(b) time off for rest and recuperation
(c) the attitude of Christian love
(d) equal pay for equal work
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Luther, how is the Church supposed to be administered?
2. Although Luther agrees that war is necessary, what kind of warfare is he involved in?
3. To whom does Luther extend the concept of divine calling?
4. What is Luther's position as he returns to Wittenberg?
5. What does Bainton suggest about the last quarter of Luther's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luther's typical work week.
2. What continually stays with Luther in regard to his faith?
3. Briefly describe Luther's writing.
4. What is the attitude of Hadrian toward Martin Luther?
5. What is the outcome of the Peasant War and how does Luther end up being viewed by the people?
6. What is the territorial inequity involving Catholics and Lutherans?
7. What biases come out in Luther toward the end of his life?
8. In what way is Luther the champion of the working class?
9. Describe the international impact of Martin Luther.
10. What is Luther's stand on educating children?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)