|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther feel compelled to do as more nuns leave their orders?
(a) to get the nuns to return
(b) to taunt the Pope about the nuns
(c) to publicize the fact of their leaving
(d) to find the nuns homes, husbands, and positions
2. What is something Bainton credits Luther for?
(a) molding the character of the German people
(b) dividing the German people over religion
(c) destroying much of German culture
(d) making the German people look foolish to the world
3. What does Luther think when Carlstadt attacks images and church music?
(a) that Carlstadt is envious of Luther's prominence
(b) that Carlstadt is right
(c) that Carlstadt is wrong
(d) that Cralstadt is being legalistic
4. What does Luther think about politics?
(a) politics is only to prohibit religion
(b) politics is the only answer for reform
(c) politics is peripheral to God's service
(d) politics is God's way of working things out
5. What is a frequent struggle for Luther?
(a) sustaining his own faith
(b) making financial ends meet
(c) answering his critics
(d) debating the doubters
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Luther insist should be null?
2. What does Luther say is comforting and releases one for responsibility for his actions?
3. Although Luther agrees that war is necessary, what kind of warfare is he involved in?
4. According to Luther, how is the Church supposed to be administered?
5. What does the second Diet of Speyer do for Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luther plan to leave Wartburg Castle?
2. What is the outcome of the Peasant War and how does Luther end up being viewed by the people?
3. State simply Luther's position on good works.
4. Describe Luther's typical work week.
5. In what way is Luther the champion of the working class?
6. Briefly describe Luther's writing.
7. What is Luther's stand on educating children?
8. What is the territorial inequity involving Catholics and Lutherans?
9. Describe the international impact of Martin Luther.
10. How does Luther view church and state?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)