|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here I Stand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What books of the Bible does Luther use for his first lectures?
(a) Geneses, I John, and Revelation
(b) Matthew, Acts, and II Corinthians
(c) Proverbs, Mark, and Hebrews
(d) Psalms, Romans, and Galatians
2. To whom are the ninety-five theses given?
(a) to the rubbish collectors
(b) to the Pope
(c) to the archbishop
(d) to the printer for all Germany
3. What is the effect of the cartoon showing Jesus washing the disciples' feet while the Pope has his foot kissed?
(a) no one gets the point
(b) The Pope is elevated
(c) the Pope is shamed
(d) Christ is belittled
4. From what is it that Luther insists no man can separate another?
(a) the judgment of God
(b) the body and soul
(c) the love of Christ
(d) the right to the Eucharist
5. When is Luther awakened for morning prayers?
(a) nine in the morning
(b) one or two in the morning
(c) four in the morning
(d) six in the morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What startling accusation does Luther make in the debate?
2. What makes Luther's stand on infant baptism difficult to explain?
3. What unusual thing happens to Martin Luther in 1505?
4. What sacraments does Luther accept?
5. Spiritually, what does Luther face in Wittenberg?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)