|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here I Stand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther see as man's greatest need?
(a) the need for work
(b) the need for forgiveness
(c) the need for plenty to eat
(d) the need for storng families
2. Besides himself, what does Luther begin to question?
(a) the truth of the Bible
(b) the Pope and the Catholic Church
(c) the traditions of the Church
(d) the lives of the people
3. What begins to be offered for contributions made on November first?
(a) extra hours for confession
(b) a day of rest and prayer
(c) indulgences from the Pope
(d) prayers for the dead
4. What drives Luther to make extra long confessions?
(a) to earn extra indulgences to shorten his time in purgatory
(b) to let the confessor see how religious he is
(c) to get out of doing boring work
(d) to be sure that he remembers and confesses every one of his sins
5. Under what condition is Luther admitted into the monastery?
(a) working as the monastery cook
(b) wearing only street clothes
(c) one year's probation
(d) a large payment from his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the criteria Luther upholds for identifying a true sacrament?
2. What sacraments does Luther accept?
3. What does Luther want to do with the rituals associated with confirmation, marriage, ordination, penance, and extreme unction?
4. How often does Luther pray?
5. How does Luther describe the idea that the Pope can deliver souls from purgatory?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)