|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The German Hercules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What books of the Bible does Luther use for his first lectures?
(a) Geneses, I John, and Revelation
(b) Proverbs, Mark, and Hebrews
(c) Matthew, Acts, and II Corinthians
(d) Psalms, Romans, and Galatians
2. How is Luther received at Heidelberg?
(a) as an outcast
(b) as a heretic
(c) as a prisoner
(d) as a guest of honor
3. When was Luther allowed to take his monastic vow?
(a) almost immediately
(b) sixmonths after his arrival
(c) at the end of the first year
(d) two years after he joined
4. What frightens Erasmus?
(a) the Church courts
(b) the threat of division and war implied in the Reformation
(c) Martin Luther
(d) the mood of the people
5. In what area does Luther distinguish himself at the university?
(a) as a defender of the Catholic church
(b) as a lecturer on the Apostle Paul
(c) as a student advocate
(d) as a parochial preacher
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the issuance of indulgences popular with the Pope?
2. What does Luther think he must do?
3. To whom are the ninety-five theses given?
4. How does Luther see the nature of man?
5. Who is the disruptive Humanist of Luther's day?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)