|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The German Hercules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther maintain about excommunication from the fellowship here on earth?
(a) It should be applied only to the hierarchy.
(b) It has nothing to do with the grace of God.
(c) It is God's way of keeping the pure safe.
(d) It is a flawed practice but still useful.
2. What is happening at the same time as the Renaissance?
(a) the Protestant Reformation
(b) the Moorish wars
(c) the outbreak of the plague
(d) the division of the Roman and Eastern churches
3. What is the purpose of confession?
(a) to admit all wrongdoing and seek absolution
(b) to offer a chance to buy indulgences
(c) to get things off ones chest
(d) to keep people from becoming too proud
4. What great movement relates itself to the Reformation?
(a) German aggression
(b) the Prussian wars
(c) German nationalism
(d) the Age of Reason
5. Spiritually, what does Luther face in Wittenberg?
(a) confrontation with the Devil
(b) a variety of crises
(c) a town full of heretics
(d) a challenge to all he believes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther deny?
2. How is Luther received at Heidelberg?
3. What doctrine does the church maintain?
4. How does Luther see the nature of man?
5. Who is the first to make available in print the New Testament in the original Greek?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)