• Martin Luther is struck by lightning and knocked to the ground in 1505 and calls out to St. Anne.
• He decides to enter the monastery over his parents' objections.
• Later, when his father dies, Luther goes into depression.
• Luther suffers oscillating mood swings throughout his life.
• Luther learns Latin in school and loves music and the beauty of the German landscape.
• Luther comes from a religiously conservative family and fear of God and reverence for the Church is instilled in him.
• The society of his day believes in monasticism as an excellent approach to get to Heaven.
• Luther elects the monastic life for himself and is admitted into the Augustinian cloister under a year's probation.
• Luther says that the devil is very quiet during his first year in the monastery and at the end of the years he is allowed to take his vows.
This section contains 2,481 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)