|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays rent on the cottage where Joanna lives with her mother?
(a) Joanna's grandfather.
(b) Joanna's uncle.
(c) Joanna's cousin.
(d) Joanna's father.
2. Who is Joanna's biological father?
(b) John, son of Henry Plantagenet.
(c) Hugh Corbet.
(d) King Richard.
3. What is the name of Joanna and her husband's first child?
4. Who advises Joanna that she should seduce her husband and encourage him to consummate the marriage?
5. Who is with Eleanor as she attempts to flee ahead of an enemy army of King John?
(a) Eleanor's guard and Isabelle.
(b) Joanna and Eleanor's guard.
(c) Isabelle and Maude de Braose.
(d) Isabelle and Joanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the falling out John has had in Chapter 22 with a long time friend?
2. What does Llewelyn believe was John's motivation in his treatment of Arthur?
3. What weakness in the Welshman does Stephen de Hodnet believe Llewelyn is attempting to change in Chapter 11?
4. What does Joanna remember the most about her trip to find her father?
5. Where does Joanna's husband send her in order to improve her level of happiness in their new marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did King Henry have his wife, Eleanor of Aquitaine, imprisoned for multiple years?
2. In Chapter 20, what right Welsh law does Joanna have that Llewelyn explains to her after she discovers his infidelity?
3. Who is Stephen de Hodnet and why has he come to Llewelyn?
4. Why does Llewelyn defy King John and attack Lower Powys after the arrest of Gwenwynwyn, the Prince of Lower Powys?
5. What does Maude de Braose say in Chapter 23 that causes the destruction of her family?
6. How does Joanna feel when she learns that her father has married and plans to bring his new wife to Westminster Palace where Joanna is currently living?
7. Who is Tangwystl? What is her relationship to Llewelyn?
8. What law forces Llewelyn's mother, Marared, to allow her son to remain in Wales and reclaim his father's lands?
9. Why does John convince the Count of Angouleme to allow him to marry his daughter, Isabelle?
10. What conflict does King John find himself embroiled in with the Pope in Chapter 19?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)