|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Llewelyn when he was forced to move to Shropshire with his mother in 1183?
2. What is Interdict?
(a) An exclusion of the baptismal rights to children of excommunicated rulers.
(b) An exclusion from church sacrament.
(c) Refusal of the church to recognize a marriage or birth.
(d) Excommunication of a country's ruler.
3. What is the name of the Castle where Llewelyn lived with his mother and stepfather in 1183?
(a) Westbury Castle.
(b) Shropshire Castle.
(c) Shrewsbury Castle.
(d) Caus Castle.
4. Who is Alison?
(a) Joanna's cousin.
(b) Joanna's daughter.
(c) Joanna's new French speaking maid.
(d) Joanna's childhood friend.
5. What language does Llewelyn speak while in Wales?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joanna feel about this arranged marriage?
2. Where is Joanna taken after her mother's death in Chapter 7?
3. Who is with Eleanor as she attempts to flee ahead of an enemy army of King John?
4. How many children did Eleanor of Aquitaine give to King Henry?
5. Why does Joanna's new husband cut himself and bleed on their sheets during the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What law forces Llewelyn's mother, Marared, to allow her son to remain in Wales and reclaim his father's lands?
2. Why has King John had a falling out with William de Braose in Chapter 22?
3. Who is Eleanor of Aquitaine and why does she come to visit John after the death of King Henry?
4. In the six or seven years that Llewleyn has been back in Wales, what territories has he managed to capture? Why?
5. What happens to Arthur after King John takes him prisoner in Chapter 12?
6. Who is Maude de Braose and why does Joanna have cross words with her in Chapter 14?
7. What is Eleanor's relationship like with King John in the final years of her life? How does she die?
8. What does Maude de Braose say in Chapter 23 that causes the destruction of her family?
9. For what reason has Llewelyn ab Iowerth come to live in Shropshire? From where has he come? How does he feel about this?
10. What conflict does King John find himself embroiled in with the Pope in Chapter 19?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)