|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ingeborg?
(a) The wife of Iowerth of Wales.
(b) The wife of King Philip of France.
(c) The first wife of King Henry.
(d) The wife of William de Braose.
2. What gift does young Joanna hope to get for her fifth birthday in Chapter 7?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A hair ribbon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
3. Who is openly hostile to Joanna upon her arrival in Wales?
(a) Catherine, Llewelyn's friend.
(b) Cristyn, Llewelyn's mistress.
(c) Gruffydd, Llewelyn's eldest son.
(d) Rhys, Llewelyn's childhood friend.
4. How does Joanna feel about this arranged marriage?
(a) Saddened at the thought of leaving her father.
(b) Happy to start a life of her own.
(c) As though she is being punished and forced to leave all she has ever known.
(d) Relieved to be away from the prying eyes of her stepmother.
5. Where does Joanna's husband send her in order to improve her level of happiness in their new marriage?
(a) Home to England.
(b) To stay with Rhys and his wife, Catherine.
(c) To a seaside castle in Wales.
(d) His mother's home at Caus Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John de Grey?
2. Who built Dolwyddelan Castle?
3. What was Geoffrey's, son of Henry Plantagenet, title before his untimely death?
4. How many people in Wales speak the language that Joanna speaks?
5. Who is Stephen de Hodnet?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Morgan tell Llewelyn that Richard might never have an heir to take over the crown of England should he be made Henry's heir?
2. What language is spoken at Aber? How does this effect Joanna?
3. Who is Stephen de Hodnet and why has he come to Llewelyn?
4. What gift does Joanna want to give to Llewelyn that she cannot wait until morning to deliver?
5. In Chapter 5, who does Llewelyn capture in Wales?
6. Who is Maude de Braose and why does Joanna have cross words with her in Chapter 14?
7. What conflict does King John find himself embroiled in with the Pope in Chapter 19?
8. Who is Tangwystl? What is her relationship to Llewelyn?
9. Who is kidnapped by the Austrians? Why does John attempted to pay the Austrians to keep this person a full year?
10. Who does Llewelyn offer sanctuary to in Chapter 26?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)