|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives King John directions for crossing the River Wellstream on the day following the feast in Chapter 41?
(b) Peter of the Bail.
(c) The Prior.
(d) Brother Thomas.
2. How old was Prince Maelgwn's younger son when King John had him hanged in Shrewsbury?
(b) Not yet seven.
(d) Just turned twelve.
3. What reason does Elen give for not wanting to marry the man her father has chosen for her in Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to choose her own husband.
(b) She would prefer to be a nun.
(c) She loves someone else.
(d) She does not like him.
4. Why does Joanna refuse to accompany Llewelyn to visit King John in Chapter 38?
(a) Joanna cannot face her father after learning the truth of his cruelties.
(b) Joanna is reluctant to admit her change in loyalties to her father.
(c) Joanna is afraid seeing her father again will cause her to renew her loyalties to him.
(d) Joanna is afraid John will disown her for her loyalties to Llewelyn.
5. What does Llewelyn tell Morgan must happen in Wales before their can be peace in Chapter 27?
(a) All of Wales must take up arms against France.
(b) All of Wales must surrender to King John.
(c) All of Wales must pay into the war fund.
(d) All of Wales must unite around one man, one prince.
6. Where is King John's body interred after his death?
(c) Fontevrault Abbey.
7. What surprise does Llewleyn arrange for Joanna in Chapter 5 after the wedding of their daughter, Elen?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) A candlelit dinner.
(c) A vacation to Shropeshire.
(d) A wedding night as their first should have been.
8. Where does Joanna go after leaving Wales in Chapter 32?
(a) To Conisbrough Castle.
(b) To Westminster.
(c) To Fontevrault Abbey.
(d) To Grantham.
9. What causes a falling out between Joanna and Llewelyn in Chapter 8?
(a) Joanna's glee at Gruffydd's punishment.
(b) Llewelyn's knowledge that Joanna set Gruffydd up.
(c) Joanna's affair with Will de Braose.
(d) Llewelyn's affair with Cristyn.
10. What gift did Llewelyn make to Joanna on their fifth wedding anniversary?
(a) A new castle.
(b) A jasper pebble.
(c) A silver backed brush.
(d) A stallion.
11. Who agrees to help Joanna in Chapter 8 force Llewelyn to send Gruffydd away after a fight between Gruffydd and Davydd?
12. Where does Llewelyn find Joanna more than a month after she left Wales?
(a) Fontevrault Abbey.
(b) Shropesburg Priory.
(c) Brewood Priory.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
13. What does Joanna confide in Isabelle in Chapter 1 that caused some tension in her marriage?
(a) Llewelyn's decision to turn on the other Princes of Wales.
(b) Llewelyn's decision to support Louis in the fight against King John.
(c) Llewelyn's fight against Gwenwynwyn.
(d) Llewelyn's decision to expand his territory into Normandy.
14. What is the first symptom of the illness that will plague King John in the final days of his life?
(b) Extreme thirst.
(d) Stomach cramps.
15. How do the people of Bangor react when Llewelyn rides into town with Joanna at his side in Chapter 16 of Book 2?
(a) With silence.
(b) With cheering.
(c) With boos.
(d) With curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Llewelyn react in Chapter 8 when he walks in on an argument between Gruffydd and Joanna that has resulted in Gruffydd disrespecting his stepmother in public?
2. Who escorts Isabella de Braose to Cricieth in Chapter 15 of Book 2?
3. Who is the first to recant his loyalty to Llewelyn after the ceremony naming Llewelyn the Prince of Wales?
4. What family member does King John learn has betrayed him in Chapter 40?
5. Who objects to the plan Joanna conceives in Chapter 27 to aid in Llewelyn's decision to surrender to King John?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)