|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gruffydd?
(a) Llewelyn's illegitimate son.
(b) Llewelyn's brother.
(c) Llewelyn's father.
(d) Llewleyn's cousin.
2. Who is Marared?
(a) Llewelyn's maid.
(b) Llewelyn's brother.
(c) Llewelyn's mother.
(d) Llewelyn's father.
3. Who decides Gwenwynwyn's imprisonment is the perfect time to invade his lands in Chapter 24?
(c) King John.
4. How many years are King John and Isabelle married before a child is delivered into their union?
5. How many separate kingdoms are there in Wales as the novel begins?
6. How old is Isabelle of Angouleme when King John makes a deal with her father to marry her?
7. With what does Walter de Hodnet attempt to bribe Llewelyn and his men?
(a) Lands in France.
(b) Gold and horses.
(c) Lands in England.
(d) Horses and French coins.
8. What is Fontevrault Abbey?
(a) A royal abbey where King Richard is buried.
(b) A royal abbey where Joanna has been sent to become a nun.
(c) A royal abbey where Eleanor has gone to recover from her grief.
(d) A royal abbey where John was crowned.
9. Why does Joanna's new husband cut himself and bleed on their sheets during the night?
(a) To simulate the blood of Joanna's broken maidenhead.
(b) To play a trick on Joanna.
(c) To simulate an enemy attack.
(d) To help cure a cold.
10. What does Llewelyn plan to do now that he has returned to Wales?
(a) Take over his uncle's business.
(b) Fight his uncle for the return of his father's lands.
(c) Marry a childhood sweetheart.
(d) Remain with his uncles and learn a trade.
11. Why do Llewelyn and his family return to Wales when Llewelyn is fourteen?
(a) The divorce of his mother and stepmother.
(b) To allow Llewelyn to take control of his father's lands.
(c) The wedding of Llewelyn's cousin, Mathraval.
(d) The funeral of Llewelyn's uncle, Owain.
12. Why did Richard hang a group of John's men in Chapter 6?
13. What happened to Eleanor when she was captured during a battle against Henry's army in Aquitaine?
(a) She was imprisoned until Henry's death.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She was banished to France.
(d) She was forced to give Henry a divorce.
14. Who is Ingeborg?
(a) The wife of William de Braose.
(b) The wife of King Philip of France.
(c) The wife of Iowerth of Wales.
(d) The first wife of King Henry.
15. How much sooner than expected does Joanna arrive home to Wales after her trip?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom do the people of Wales believe they are descended?
2. What future does Llewelyn's stepfather arrange for Llewelyn?
3. Where does Joanna's husband send her in order to improve her level of happiness in their new marriage?
4. What outside force begins to invade Wales during the reigns of the Norman Conqueror, William the Bastard, and his sons?
5. What is the nature of the falling out John has had in Chapter 22 with a long time friend?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)