|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people in Wales speak the language that Joanna speaks?
(b) All, but they refuse to speak it.
2. What physical disability does Llewelyn's brother, Adda, have?
(a) A twisted, deformed leg.
(d) A cleft palate.
3. What is the name of Llewelyn's stepfather?
(a) Hugh Corbet.
(b) Lord Robert Corbet.
(c) Sir John Lackland.
(d) William de Braose.
4. What gift does John make to Joanna upon her arrival at La Vieille?
(a) A doll.
(b) A dog.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A pearl necklace.
5. What truth about Joanna does Isabelle stop Richard from saying in front of John?
(a) That Joanna is dying.
(b) That Joanna is no longer loyal to her father.
(c) That Joanna has left the Catholic Church.
(d) That Joanna loves her husband.
6. Who claims Richard named John his heir on his death bed?
(a) Thomas Corbet.
(b) Arthur of Brittany.
(c) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(d) William de Braose.
7. Who is with Eleanor as she attempts to flee ahead of an enemy army of King John?
(a) Eleanor's guard and Isabelle.
(b) Isabelle and Maude de Braose.
(c) Joanna and Eleanor's guard.
(d) Isabelle and Joanna.
8. Where does Joanna go to visit with her grandmother, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Fontevrault Abbey.
9. Why does Joanna's new husband decide not to take his marital rights on their wedding night?
(a) Joanna is unattractive to him.
(b) Joanna is too young.
(c) Joanna is too frightened of him.
(d) Joanna is tired.
10. How many legitimate sons did Henry Plantagenet, King of England, Lord of Ireland and Wales, Duke of Normandy, and Count of Anjou, have?
11. Who is Morgan to Llewelyn?
(a) Priest, friend, servant.
(b) Teacher, father-figure, cousin.
(c) Teacher, uncle, servant.
(d) Priest, adviser, friend.
12. Who comes to Joanna's defense when Gruffydd disrespects her in Chapter 26?
(c) William de Braose.
(d) Will de Braose, grandson of William and Maude.
13. Who built Dolwyddelan Castle?
(a) The English.
(b) The French.
(c) The Welsh.
(d) The Irish.
14. Who is Marared?
(a) Llewelyn's mother.
(b) Llewelyn's father.
(c) Llewelyn's maid.
(d) Llewelyn's brother.
15. Who does Llewelyn capture during the attack on Mold in Chapter 9?
(a) Thomas Corbet and Aubrey de Mara.
(b) Aubrey de Mara and Stephen de Hodnet.
(c) Aubrey de Mara and William de Braose.
(d) King John and Aubrey de Mara.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
2. Who is John de Grey?
3. Who does Joanna think John is when she is first brought to him in La Vieille?
4. Why does Eleanor of Aquitaine take one hundred thousand silver marks to Germany in January of 1194?
5. How many separate kingdoms are there in Wales as the novel begins?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)