|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John de Grey?
(a) The new Bishop of Norwich.
(b) The new Pope.
(c) King John's choice for Archbishop of Canterbury.
(d) The Pope's choice for Archbishop of Canterbury.
2. What reason inspired the arranged marriage for Richard in 1191?
(a) An alliance with France.
(b) A political alliance with Aquitaine, a territory near France.
(c) An alliance with Wales.
(d) A political alliance with Navarre, a territory near Aquitaine.
3. Why do Llewelyn and his family return to Wales when Llewelyn is fourteen?
(a) The wedding of Llewelyn's cousin, Mathraval.
(b) The divorce of his mother and stepmother.
(c) The funeral of Llewelyn's uncle, Owain.
(d) To allow Llewelyn to take control of his father's lands.
4. What language does Joanna speak?
5. What has happened in the relationship between King John and William de Braose, his old friend?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Philip of France.
(c) William de Braose.
(d) Llewelyn of Wales.
6. What is Fontevrault Abbey?
(a) A royal abbey where King Richard is buried.
(b) A royal abbey where Joanna has been sent to become a nun.
(c) A royal abbey where Eleanor has gone to recover from her grief.
(d) A royal abbey where John was crowned.
7. What is Mold as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A castle in Powys.
(b) A castle in Normandy.
(c) A castle in Shropshire.
(d) A castle in Gwynedd.
8. How many people in Wales speak the language that Joanna speaks?
(d) All, but they refuse to speak it.
9. What outside force begins to invade Wales during the reigns of the Norman Conqueror, William the Bastard, and his sons?
(a) The Normans.
(b) The French.
(c) The English.
(d) The Italians.
10. How many years are King John and Isabelle married before a child is delivered into their union?
11. What is the name of Llewelyn's stepfather?
(a) Sir John Lackland.
(b) William de Braose.
(c) Hugh Corbet.
(d) Lord Robert Corbet.
12. What happened to Eleanor when she was captured during a battle against Henry's army in Aquitaine?
(a) She was forced to give Henry a divorce.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She was banished to France.
(d) She was imprisoned until Henry's death.
13. What was Geoffrey's, son of Henry Plantagenet, title before his untimely death?
(a) Duke of Aquitaine.
(b) Count of Le Mans.
(c) Count of Poitou.
(d) Duke of Brittany.
14. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
(a) The young French King, Philip.
(b) The Italian King, Penzi.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Welsh Prince, Owain.
15. How many legitimate sons did Henry Plantagenet, King of England, Lord of Ireland and Wales, Duke of Normandy, and Count of Anjou, have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alison?
2. What is Aber?
3. What territory of Wales does Davydd ab Owain claim to rule in 1193?
4. Who decides Gwenwynwyn's imprisonment is the perfect time to invade his lands in Chapter 24?
5. What does King John warn the Welsh Princes not to do in Chapter 24?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)