|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is similar in Ingeborg's story to the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) They were both divorced.
(b) They were both held prisoner by their husbands.
(c) They were both forced to fight for their own lands.
(d) They were both married too young.
2. What does Joanna find when she enters her husband's bedchamber to give him a gift she has brought?
(a) Catherine, Joanna's friend.
(b) A drunken orgy.
(c) Cristyn, his mistress.
(d) No one, an empty room.
3. What city do Eleanor and her companions find themselves in when they are overrun by the enemy army?
4. What notable person does not attend Joanna's marriage ceremony?
(a) Her uncle, Will.
(b) Her father, King John.
(c) Her stepmother, Isabelle.
(d) Her brother, Richard.
5. Who is Thomas Corbet?
(a) Llewelyn's cousin by marriage.
(b) Llewelyn's childhood friend.
(c) Llewelyn's uncle by marriage.
(d) Llewelyn's stepfather.
6. What future does Llewelyn's stepfather arrange for Llewelyn?
(a) Placement as a squire in the home of the Earl of Chester.
(b) An education in business.
(c) The priesthood.
(d) Apprenticeship to a blacksmith.
7. What is the name of Llewelyn's stepfather?
(a) Sir John Lackland.
(b) William de Braose.
(c) Hugh Corbet.
(d) Lord Robert Corbet.
8. Who does Llewelyn capture during the attack on Mold in Chapter 9?
(a) Aubrey de Mara and William de Braose.
(b) Aubrey de Mara and Stephen de Hodnet.
(c) King John and Aubrey de Mara.
(d) Thomas Corbet and Aubrey de Mara.
9. What physical disability does Llewelyn's brother, Adda, have?
(b) A twisted, deformed leg.
(c) A cleft palate.
10. Where is Joanna taken after her mother's death in Chapter 7?
(a) To Westminster Abby.
(b) To Middleham Castle.
(c) To Aquitaine.
(d) To Gwenwyn.
11. Why does Joanna's new husband cut himself and bleed on their sheets during the night?
(a) To simulate the blood of Joanna's broken maidenhead.
(b) To play a trick on Joanna.
(c) To simulate an enemy attack.
(d) To help cure a cold.
12. Who arranges a marriage for King Richard shortly after he becomes King of England?
(a) King Henry of England.
(b) The Earl of Mortain.
(c) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(d) King Philip of France.
13. What reason does Joanna believe binds her husband to her no matter her behavior toward him?
(a) His promise to her in church.
(b) His need of a mother for his children.
(c) His promise to Eleanor of Aquitaine of fidelity.
(d) His need for an alliance with King John.
14. Who is visiting Joanna in Wales when she goes into labor with her second child?
(a) Richard, her brother.
(b) Isabelle, her stepmother.
(c) King John, her father.
(d) Will, her uncle.
15. What is the popular opinion of Arthur's fate after he was taken by John's army at Mirebeau?
(a) He was made an ambassador of England in a distant country.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was imprisoned without benefit of trial.
(d) He was exhiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is openly hostile to Joanna upon her arrival in Wales?
2. What is Mold as described in Chapter 9?
3. What failure on her husband's part causes Joanna a great deal of humiliation in the first months of her marriage?
4. What is the name of King John's first legitimate child?
5. Who pays rent on the cottage where Joanna lives with her mother?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)