|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 12-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stephen Langton?
(a) King John's choice for Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) The new Bishop of Norwich.
(c) The Pope's choice for Archbishop of Canterbury.
(d) The new Pope.
2. What has happened in the relationship between King John and William de Braose, his old friend?
(a) William de Braose.
(b) King Philip of France.
(c) Llewelyn of Wales.
(d) The Pope.
3. Who does Joanna learn in Chapter 9 is to become Davydd's wife when she is old enough?
(a) Taegwystl, Catherine's daughter.
(b) Isabella, Will de Braose's daughter.
(c) Catryn, Ednevyd's daughter.
(d) Maude, Will de Braose' niece.
4. What does Joanna offer to do in Chapter 27 to help ease Llewelyn's decision to surrender to King John?
(a) Joanna offers to write a letter of surrender.
(b) Joanna offers to talk the disloyal Welshmen back to Llewelyn's army.
(c) Joanna offers to pay Norman soldiers to fight for Llweleyn.
(d) Joanna offers to go to her father and arrange the surrender.
5. What promise does Llewelyn force Joanna to make before taking her back as his wife in Chapter 32?
(a) She will use her influence to force King John to release the surviving hostages.
(b) That she will disown her own father.
(c) That she will no longer divide her loyalties between Llewelyn and John.
(d) That she will never leave him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joanna go after leaving Wales in Chapter 32?
2. How many children did Eleanor of Aquitaine give to King Henry?
3. Who tells Llewelyn in Chapter 4 that Gruffydd has taken up arms against Wales, Llewelyn in particular?
4. Who pays rent on the cottage where Joanna lives with her mother?
5. What has Joanna's affair caused Llewelyn and the people of Wales to question in Chapter 12 of Book 2?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)