|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 12-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Llewelyn find Joanna more than a month after she left Wales?
(a) Fontevrault Abbey.
(b) Brewood Priory.
(c) Shropesburg Priory.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
2. Where is Joanna taken after her mother's death in Chapter 7?
(a) To Westminster Abby.
(b) To Gwenwyn.
(c) To Middleham Castle.
(d) To Aquitaine.
3. What city do Eleanor and her companions find themselves in when they are overrun by the enemy army?
4. Why did the Pope place France under Interdict after King Philip's marriage to the Duke of Meran's daughter?
(a) King Philip paid the Duke of Meran for his daughter's hand.
(b) King Philip had been excommunicated.
(c) King Philip was already married.
(d) King Philip refused to marry the Pope's neice.
5. How do the people of Bangor react when Llewelyn rides into town with Joanna at his side in Chapter 16 of Book 2?
(a) With curses.
(b) With silence.
(c) With cheering.
(d) With boos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King John's first legitimate child?
2. What does Gruffydd find exciting about his first few months as King John's captive in Chapter 29?
3. Who is Stephen Langton?
4. Who dies at the beginning of Chapter 7 after being shipwrecked while sailing from Gascony back to England?
5. What does Joanna remember the most about her trip to find her father?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)