|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 12-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Llewelyn set out to tour his domains in Chapter 13 of Book 2?
(a) To keep his mind off of Joanna.
(b) To discourage speculation and gossip.
(c) To show Davydd the expanse of his inheritance.
(d) To find a new wife.
2. With whom did Eleanor team to fight King Henry?
(a) The King of France and the Prince of Wales.
(b) The King of France and three of her sons.
(c) All four of her sons.
(d) All four of her daughters.
3. Why did the Pope place France under Interdict after King Philip's marriage to the Duke of Meran's daughter?
(a) King Philip had been excommunicated.
(b) King Philip paid the Duke of Meran for his daughter's hand.
(c) King Philip refused to marry the Pope's neice.
(d) King Philip was already married.
4. Who built Dolwyddelan Castle?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The French.
(d) The English.
5. Why does King John turn to the Pope as an ally in Chapter 33?
(a) To take away the Welsh Princes' legitimate cause for war.
(b) To take away King Philip's legitimate cause for war.
(c) To cause the excommunication of John's enemies.
(d) To enforce Interdict over his enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mold as described in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Morgan to Llewelyn?
3. Where does Joanna's husband send her in order to improve her level of happiness in their new marriage?
4. Who advises Joanna that she should seduce her husband and encourage him to consummate the marriage?
5. Where has John been staying when Richard goes to meet up with him in Chapter 33?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)