|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 12-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alison?
(a) Joanna's daughter.
(b) Joanna's cousin.
(c) Joanna's new French speaking maid.
(d) Joanna's childhood friend.
2. What happened to Eleanor when she was captured during a battle against Henry's army in Aquitaine?
(a) She was forced to give Henry a divorce.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She was imprisoned until Henry's death.
(d) She was banished to France.
3. What promise does Llewelyn force Joanna to make before taking her back as his wife in Chapter 32?
(a) She will use her influence to force King John to release the surviving hostages.
(b) That she will no longer divide her loyalties between Llewelyn and John.
(c) That she will never leave him again.
(d) That she will disown her own father.
4. Who was supposed to be Henry's heir, to take the crown upon Henry Pantagenet's death?
(a) Young Henry.
5. What does Joanna recognize in Gruffydd when he returns to Wales after being held by King John as a hostage?
(a) He is more determined than ever to remove Joanna from his life.
(b) He has become gentler and kind.
(c) He is just as dark and dangerous as before.
(d) He no longer wishes Joanna ill will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces himself on Joanna in Chapter 5, kissing her on the stairwell?
2. Where has John been staying when Richard goes to meet up with him in Chapter 33?
3. Why does Joanna's new husband decide not to take his marital rights on their wedding night?
4. Who accuses John of killing King Henry by choosing to join Richard's battle against Henry?
5. What is the nature of the falling out John has had in Chapter 22 with a long time friend?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)