|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
(a) He will not scheme against Richard.
(b) He will not scheme against the French.
(c) He will not have any more illegitimate children.
(d) He will not marry for love.
2. How does Joanna feel about this arranged marriage?
(a) As though she is being punished and forced to leave all she has ever known.
(b) Saddened at the thought of leaving her father.
(c) Happy to start a life of her own.
(d) Relieved to be away from the prying eyes of her stepmother.
3. What is the traditional name of Wales?
4. Who decides Gwenwynwyn's imprisonment is the perfect time to invade his lands in Chapter 24?
(a) King John.
5. What future does Llewelyn's stepfather arrange for Llewelyn?
(a) Apprenticeship to a blacksmith.
(b) Placement as a squire in the home of the Earl of Chester.
(c) The priesthood.
(d) An education in business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eleanor of Aquitaine prefer that John be king over Arthur, as she states in Chapter 8?
2. Why did the Pope place France under Interdict after King Philip's marriage to the Duke of Meran's daughter?
3. What gift does young Joanna hope to get for her fifth birthday in Chapter 7?
4. What has happened in the relationship between King John and William de Braose, his old friend?
5. To whom is Aubrey de Mara taking a message in Chapter 9?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)