|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is visiting Joanna in Wales when she goes into labor with her second child?
(a) Will, her uncle.
(b) King John, her father.
(c) Isabelle, her stepmother.
(d) Richard, her brother.
2. What gift does John make to Joanna upon her arrival at La Vieille?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A dog.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A doll.
3. Who arrives just as Eleanor is preparing her companions to be taken hostage by the enemy army?
(a) Philip and his army.
(b) John and his army.
(c) Llewelyn and his army.
(d) Arthur and his army.
4. What does Llewelyn plan to do now that he has returned to Wales?
(a) Remain with his uncles and learn a trade.
(b) Marry a childhood sweetheart.
(c) Fight his uncle for the return of his father's lands.
(d) Take over his uncle's business.
5. With what does Walter de Hodnet attempt to bribe Llewelyn and his men?
(a) Lands in England.
(b) Horses and French coins.
(c) Lands in France.
(d) Gold and horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Llewelyn's stepfather?
2. Why does Joanna's new husband cut himself and bleed on their sheets during the night?
3. What is Aber?
4. Where is Joanna taken after her mother's death in Chapter 7?
5. What is similar in Ingeborg's story to the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)