|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Joanna's defense when Gruffydd disrespects her in Chapter 26?
(b) William de Braose.
(c) Will de Braose, grandson of William and Maude.
2. Why does Joanna's new husband cut himself and bleed on their sheets during the night?
(a) To simulate an enemy attack.
(b) To play a trick on Joanna.
(c) To simulate the blood of Joanna's broken maidenhead.
(d) To help cure a cold.
3. What does Joanna remember the most about her trip to find her father?
(a) It was full of uncertainty.
(b) It was exciting.
(c) It was a great deal of fun.
(d) It was dirty and uncomfortable.
4. Who is Morgan to Llewelyn?
(a) Teacher, uncle, servant.
(b) Priest, adviser, friend.
(c) Teacher, father-figure, cousin.
(d) Priest, friend, servant.
5. Where do Eleanor and John meet in the moments before John's coronation?
(a) In the sanctuary of the church.
(b) In the Bishop's room.
(c) Before the tombs of Richard and Henry Plantagenet.
(d) Before the tombs of Geoffrey and Young Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marared?
2. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
3. What is the name of Joanna and her husband's first child?
4. What is the name of the Castle where Llewelyn lived with his mother and stepfather in 1183?
5. What item in her husband's bedchamber does Joanna ordered burned?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)