|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells young Joanna the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine?
2. What future does Llewelyn's stepfather arrange for Llewelyn?
(a) Apprenticeship to a blacksmith.
(b) Placement as a squire in the home of the Earl of Chester.
(c) The priesthood.
(d) An education in business.
3. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The young French King, Philip.
(c) The Welsh Prince, Owain.
(d) The Italian King, Penzi.
4. How many legitimate sons did Henry Plantagenet, King of England, Lord of Ireland and Wales, Duke of Normandy, and Count of Anjou, have?
5. What is the name of the Castle where Llewelyn lived with his mother and stepfather in 1183?
(a) Shrewsbury Castle.
(b) Shropshire Castle.
(c) Caus Castle.
(d) Westbury Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the message that Aubrey de Mara carries in Wales in Chapter 9?
2. To whom does King John arrange for his daughter, Joanna, to marry?
3. What reason does Joanna believe binds her husband to her no matter her behavior toward him?
4. What language does Joanna speak?
5. Who was supposed to be Henry's heir, to take the crown upon Henry Pantagenet's death?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)