|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Interdict?
(a) Excommunication of a country's ruler.
(b) Refusal of the church to recognize a marriage or birth.
(c) An exclusion from church sacrament.
(d) An exclusion of the baptismal rights to children of excommunicated rulers.
2. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Welsh Prince, Owain.
(c) The young French King, Philip.
(d) The Italian King, Penzi.
3. Who is Thomas Corbet?
(a) Llewelyn's childhood friend.
(b) Llewelyn's stepfather.
(c) Llewelyn's cousin by marriage.
(d) Llewelyn's uncle by marriage.
4. What is the traditional name of Wales?
5. To whom is Aubrey de Mara taking a message in Chapter 9?
(a) Llewleyn ab Iowerth.
(b) Thomas Corbet.
(c) William de Braose.
(d) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanna remember the most about her trip to find her father?
2. What is in the message that Aubrey de Mara carries in Wales in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Morgan to Llewelyn?
4. How many legitimate sons did Henry Plantagenet, King of England, Lord of Ireland and Wales, Duke of Normandy, and Count of Anjou, have?
5. What gift does young Joanna hope to get for her fifth birthday in Chapter 7?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)