|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eleanor of Aquitaine prefer that John be king over Arthur, as she states in Chapter 8?
(a) Eleanor believes she can influence John's decisions.
(b) John has more experience at ruling a country.
(c) Arthur would be King Philip of France's puppet.
(d) John is her son, therefore more deserving.
2. Who does Llewelyn capture during the attack on Mold in Chapter 9?
(a) King John and Aubrey de Mara.
(b) Aubrey de Mara and William de Braose.
(c) Thomas Corbet and Aubrey de Mara.
(d) Aubrey de Mara and Stephen de Hodnet.
3. What was Geoffrey's, son of Henry Plantagenet, title before his untimely death?
(a) Count of Poitou.
(b) Duke of Brittany.
(c) Count of Le Mans.
(d) Duke of Aquitaine.
4. What does Llewelyn plan to do now that he has returned to Wales?
(a) Remain with his uncles and learn a trade.
(b) Marry a childhood sweetheart.
(c) Take over his uncle's business.
(d) Fight his uncle for the return of his father's lands.
5. With what does Walter de Hodnet attempt to bribe Llewelyn and his men?
(a) Lands in England.
(b) Gold and horses.
(c) Lands in France.
(d) Horses and French coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
2. To whom is Aubrey de Mara taking a message in Chapter 9?
3. What gift does young Joanna hope to get for her fifth birthday in Chapter 7?
4. What does Joanna remember the most about her trip to find her father?
5. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)