|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eleanor of Aquitaine take one hundred thousand silver marks to Germany in January of 1194?
(a) To pay ransom for her daughter Joanna's release.
(b) To pay ransom for Richard's new bride.
(c) To pay ransom for Richard's release.
(d) To pay ransom for John's release.
2. Who does Joanna think John is when she is first brought to him in La Vieille?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) A kind stranger.
(c) Her mother's brother.
(d) Her father's servant.
3. Who is Stephen de Hodnet?
(a) A bully who tries to break Llewelyn's arm.
(b) A friend of Llewelyn's stepfather.
(c) A young neighbor Llewelyn befriends.
(d) A local politician Llewelyn annoys.
4. With what does Walter de Hodnet attempt to bribe Llewelyn and his men?
(a) Lands in France.
(b) Gold and horses.
(c) Horses and French coins.
(d) Lands in England.
5. To whom is Aubrey de Mara taking a message in Chapter 9?
(a) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(b) William de Braose.
(c) Thomas Corbet.
(d) Llewleyn ab Iowerth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Llewelyn when he was forced to move to Shropshire with his mother in 1183?
2. How many separate kingdoms are there in Wales as the novel begins?
3. Why does Eleanor of Aquitaine prefer that John be king over Arthur, as she states in Chapter 8?
4. What is in the message that Aubrey de Mara carries in Wales in Chapter 9?
5. What future does Llewelyn's stepfather arrange for Llewelyn?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)