|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arthur's father?
(a) John, King Richard's brother.
(b) Richard, King of England.
(c) Geoffrey, King Richard's brother.
(d) Llewelyn ab Iowerth.
2. Who does Llewelyn capture during the attack on Mold in Chapter 9?
(a) King John and Aubrey de Mara.
(b) Aubrey de Mara and William de Braose.
(c) Aubrey de Mara and Stephen de Hodnet.
(d) Thomas Corbet and Aubrey de Mara.
3. Who does Joanna think John is when she is first brought to him in La Vieille?
(a) Her father's servant.
(b) A kind stranger.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother's brother.
4. What is the name of the Castle where Llewelyn lived with his mother and stepfather in 1183?
(a) Westbury Castle.
(b) Shrewsbury Castle.
(c) Shropshire Castle.
(d) Caus Castle.
5. How old was Llewelyn when he was forced to move to Shropshire with his mother in 1183?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many separate kingdoms are there in Wales as the novel begins?
2. What gift does John make to Joanna upon her arrival at La Vieille?
3. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
4. What is in the message that Aubrey de Mara carries in Wales in Chapter 9?
5. Who was supposed to be Henry's heir, to take the crown upon Henry Pantagenet's death?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)