|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 3-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outside force begins to invade Wales during the reigns of the Norman Conqueror, William the Bastard, and his sons?
(a) The English.
(b) The French.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Normans.
2. What does Llewelyn plan to do now that he has returned to Wales?
(a) Take over his uncle's business.
(b) Remain with his uncles and learn a trade.
(c) Fight his uncle for the return of his father's lands.
(d) Marry a childhood sweetheart.
3. What gift does young Joanna hope to get for her fifth birthday in Chapter 7?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A hair ribbon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. From whom do the people of Wales believe they are descended?
(a) Persephone and Hades.
(b) Brutus and the citizens of ancient Troy.
(c) Hercules and the demigods of Greece.
(d) Caesar and the citizens of Rome.
5. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
(a) He will not have any more illegitimate children.
(b) He will not marry for love.
(c) He will not scheme against Richard.
(d) He will not scheme against the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joanna think John is when she is first brought to him in La Vieille?
2. Who accuses John of killing King Henry by choosing to join Richard's battle against Henry?
3. Who pays rent on the cottage where Joanna lives with her mother?
4. What physical disability does Llewelyn's brother, Adda, have?
5. What was Geoffrey's, son of Henry Plantagenet, title before his untimely death?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)