|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much sooner than expected does Joanna arrive home to Wales after her trip?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Who does Llewelyn capture during the attack on Mold in Chapter 9?
(a) Thomas Corbet and Aubrey de Mara.
(b) Aubrey de Mara and William de Braose.
(c) King John and Aubrey de Mara.
(d) Aubrey de Mara and Stephen de Hodnet.
3. What reason inspired the arranged marriage for Richard in 1191?
(a) An alliance with France.
(b) A political alliance with Aquitaine, a territory near France.
(c) An alliance with Wales.
(d) A political alliance with Navarre, a territory near Aquitaine.
4. How old was Llewelyn when he was forced to move to Shropshire with his mother in 1183?
5. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
(a) He will not have any more illegitimate children.
(b) He will not marry for love.
(c) He will not scheme against Richard.
(d) He will not scheme against the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King John's first legitimate child?
2. Where does Llewelyn find Joanna more than a month after she left Wales?
3. Who tells Llewelyn in Chapter 4 that Gruffydd has taken up arms against Wales, Llewelyn in particular?
4. What failure on her husband's part causes Joanna a great deal of humiliation in the first months of her marriage?
5. Who is Arthur's father?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)