|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popular opinion of Arthur's fate after he was taken by John's army at Mirebeau?
(a) He was exhiled.
(b) He was imprisoned without benefit of trial.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was made an ambassador of England in a distant country.
2. What territory of Wales does Davydd ab Owain claim to rule in 1193?
(a) South Wales.
(b) North Wales.
3. How much sooner than expected does Joanna arrive home to Wales after her trip?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
4. To whom is Aubrey de Mara taking a message in Chapter 9?
(a) Thomas Corbet.
(b) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(c) William de Braose.
(d) Llewleyn ab Iowerth.
5. What reason does Joanna believe binds her husband to her no matter her behavior toward him?
(a) His promise to Eleanor of Aquitaine of fidelity.
(b) His need of a mother for his children.
(c) His need for an alliance with King John.
(d) His promise to her in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom do the people of Wales believe they are descended?
2. Who arranges a marriage for King Richard shortly after he becomes King of England?
3. Who arrives just as Eleanor is preparing her companions to be taken hostage by the enemy army?
4. What does Joanna remember the most about her trip to find her father?
5. Who is Alison?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)