|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gwenwynwyn of Lower Powys arrested in Chapter 24?
(a) For stealing from the Normandy treasury.
(b) For invading Norman lands.
(c) For failing to support John against raids by disgraced Norman citizens.
(d) For being loyal to the French King.
2. Who comes to Joanna's defense when Gruffydd disrespects her in Chapter 26?
(b) Will de Braose, grandson of William and Maude.
(c) William de Braose.
3. What is excommunication?
(a) Refusing to communicate with a person as a form of punishment.
(b) Banning a single person from all sacraments in the Catholic Church permenantly.
(c) Condemning a person to death after a legal trial.
(d) Banning a whole country of people from sacraments in the Catholic Church temporarily.
4. How did Maude de Braose die?
(a) She was starved.
(b) She was beheaded.
(c) She suffered a heart attack.
(d) She was hung.
5. What castle falls to King Philip in Chapter 40 that leaves King John wondering if his people will betray him?
(a) Rochester Castle.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Dover Castle.
(d) Nottingham Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Geoffrey's, son of Henry Plantagenet, title before his untimely death?
2. Who arrives just as Eleanor is preparing her companions to be taken hostage by the enemy army?
3. What is a liege lord?
4. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
5. Who is visiting Joanna in Wales when she goes into labor with her second child?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)