|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maude de Braose die?
(a) She was beheaded.
(b) She was starved.
(c) She was hung.
(d) She suffered a heart attack.
2. How does Joanna unknowingly save Gruffydd's life in Chapter 30?
(a) By having an affair with Will de Braose.
(b) By sending a letter to her father warning him of a plot against his life.
(c) By leaving her husband and going to King John.
(d) By sending a letter to Richard warning of an assassination plot.
3. Why does Joanna refuse to accompany Llewelyn to visit King John in Chapter 38?
(a) Joanna is afraid John will disown her for her loyalties to Llewelyn.
(b) Joanna is reluctant to admit her change in loyalties to her father.
(c) Joanna cannot face her father after learning the truth of his cruelties.
(d) Joanna is afraid seeing her father again will cause her to renew her loyalties to him.
4. How does Gruffydd react to being back in Normandy in Chapter 2?
(a) Happy that he returns as a free man to see all he missed as a hostage.
(b) He is saddened that he does not have the opportunity to exact revenge against John.
(c) He is exhilerated to return to the land where he knew freedom.
(d) He feels claustrophobic and confined as he was in his final days with King John.
5. Who accuses John of killing King Henry by choosing to join Richard's battle against Henry?
(a) His illegitimate brother, Will.
(b) His brother, Young Henry.
(c) His illegitimate brother, Geoffrey.
(d) His brother, Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What territories in Normandy does Louis control as described in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Joanna go after leaving Wales in Chapter 32?
3. What language does Llewelyn speak while in Wales?
4. Who is Ingeborg?
5. How many children did Eleanor of Aquitaine give to King Henry?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)