|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arthur's father?
(a) Geoffrey, King Richard's brother.
(b) John, King Richard's brother.
(c) Richard, King of England.
(d) Llewelyn ab Iowerth.
2. How did Maude de Braose die?
(a) She was beheaded.
(b) She was starved.
(c) She was hung.
(d) She suffered a heart attack.
3. What causes the uproar in Joanna's chamber at the beginning of Chapter 27, an ordeal that Llewelyn swears to never undertake again?
(a) Elen has her finger amputated.
(b) Elen has surgery to remove a thorn in her foot.
(c) Elen has a boil lanced.
(d) Elen has a bad tooth pulled.
4. How old was Prince Maelgwn's younger son when King John had him hanged in Shrewsbury?
(b) Just turned twelve.
(d) Not yet seven.
5. How many years are King John and Isabelle married before a child is delivered into their union?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings an army toward Eleanor's whereabouts in order to take her captive in a fight against King John?
2. What does Joanna offer to do in Chapter 27 to help ease Llewelyn's decision to surrender to King John?
3. With whom has Richard teamed to fight his father for his lands and titles?
4. Why did the Pope place France under Interdict after King Philip's marriage to the Duke of Meran's daughter?
5. Where has John been staying when Richard goes to meet up with him in Chapter 33?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)