|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 27-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Eleanor when she was captured during a battle against Henry's army in Aquitaine?
(a) She was imprisoned until Henry's death.
(b) She was forced to give Henry a divorce.
(c) She was banished to France.
(d) She was killed.
2. How does Gwenwynwyn, Prince of Lower Powys, become involved in the struggle between King John and his disgraced old friend in Chapter 24?
(a) Gwenwynwyn owns some of the lands where the conflict between John and his old friend are taking place.
(b) Gwenwynwyn tries to take lands border his territory in Wales during the chaos between John and his old friend.
(c) Gwenwynwyn decides to help John fight back his old friend's raids.
(d) Gwenwynwyn decides to help John's old friend against John's army.
3. Who is Arthur's father?
(a) Llewelyn ab Iowerth.
(b) John, King Richard's brother.
(c) Geoffrey, King Richard's brother.
(d) Richard, King of England.
4. Who arranges a marriage for King Richard shortly after he becomes King of England?
(a) King Henry of England.
(b) The Earl of Mortain.
(c) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(d) King Philip of France.
5. What is the name of Joanna and her husband's first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Pope do that increases King John's unhappiness with Wales and with Llewelyn personally?
2. What is unusual about Joanna's labor that causes those caring for her to fear for her life in Chapter 24?
3. Who built Dolwyddelan Castle?
4. What promise does Eleanor of Aquitaine ask John to make when she visits him after King Henry's death?
5. What has happened in the relationship between King John and William de Braose, his old friend?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)