|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 27-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells young Joanna the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine?
2. Who claims Richard named John his heir on his death bed?
(a) Thomas Corbet.
(b) William de Braose.
(c) Arthur of Brittany.
(d) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
3. What is Mold as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A castle in Shropshire.
(b) A castle in Powys.
(c) A castle in Gwynedd.
(d) A castle in Normandy.
4. What does Joanna offer to do in Chapter 27 to help ease Llewelyn's decision to surrender to King John?
(a) Joanna offers to go to her father and arrange the surrender.
(b) Joanna offers to pay Norman soldiers to fight for Llweleyn.
(c) Joanna offers to write a letter of surrender.
(d) Joanna offers to talk the disloyal Welshmen back to Llewelyn's army.
5. Where is Joanna taken after her mother's death in Chapter 7?
(a) To Westminster Abby.
(b) To Middleham Castle.
(c) To Gwenwyn.
(d) To Aquitaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does King John agree to accept Llewelyn's surrender in Chapter 28?
2. What does Gruffydd find exciting about his first few months as King John's captive in Chapter 29?
3. How many children did Eleanor of Aquitaine give to King Henry?
4. What gift does young Joanna hope to get for her fifth birthday in Chapter 7?
5. How many years are King John and Isabelle married before a child is delivered into their union?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)