|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 38-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is King John suffering when Llewelyn visits him in Chapter 38?
(c) A common cold.
2. Who gives King John directions for crossing the River Wellstream on the day following the feast in Chapter 41?
(a) Brother Thomas.
(c) Peter of the Bail.
(d) The Prior.
3. Where do Eleanor and John meet in the moments before John's coronation?
(a) In the Bishop's room.
(b) Before the tombs of Geoffrey and Young Henry.
(c) Before the tombs of Richard and Henry Plantagenet.
(d) In the sanctuary of the church.
4. Why does Eleanor of Aquitaine prefer that John be king over Arthur, as she states in Chapter 8?
(a) John has more experience at ruling a country.
(b) Arthur would be King Philip of France's puppet.
(c) John is her son, therefore more deserving.
(d) Eleanor believes she can influence John's decisions.
5. What is the first symptom of the illness that will plague King John in the final days of his life?
(b) Extreme thirst.
(c) Stomach cramps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the falling out John has had in Chapter 22 with a long time friend?
2. Who does John fear Richard will name as his heir in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Joanna refuse to accompany Llewelyn to visit King John in Chapter 38?
4. What weakness in the Welshman does Stephen de Hodnet believe Llewelyn is attempting to change in Chapter 11?
5. Who claims Richard named John his heir on his death bed?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)