|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 38-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What truth about Joanna does Isabelle stop Richard from saying in front of John?
(a) That Joanna has left the Catholic Church.
(b) That Joanna is dying.
(c) That Joanna is no longer loyal to her father.
(d) That Joanna loves her husband.
2. What news does a rider bring King John as he finishes his noon meal in Chapter 41?
(a) Isabelle has died in childbirth.
(b) The men and horses carrying the national treasure have gotten caught in quicksand at high tide.
(c) King Louis is approaching with a large army.
(d) The Scots King approaches with a large army.
3. What is the first symptom of the illness that will plague King John in the final days of his life?
(c) Extreme thirst.
(d) Stomach cramps.
4. What does King John warn the Welsh Princes not to do in Chapter 24?
(a) Invade Welsh lands.
(b) Invade Norman lands.
(c) Invade Gwenwynwyn's lands.
(d) Invade French lands.
5. Who decides Gwenwynwyn's imprisonment is the perfect time to invade his lands in Chapter 24?
(a) King John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the popular opinion of Arthur's fate after he was taken by John's army at Mirebeau?
2. Who is visiting Joanna in Wales when she goes into labor with her second child?
3. Who is the first to recant his loyalty to Llewelyn after the ceremony naming Llewelyn the Prince of Wales?
4. What does King John spend the final hours of his life doing?
5. How much money does King John ask his old friend to pay to settle old debts in Chapter 23?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)