|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 38-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weakness in the Welshman does Stephen de Hodnet believe Llewelyn is attempting to change in Chapter 11?
(a) Their inability to befriend the English crown.
(b) Their penchant for fighting amongst themselves.
(c) Their love of excessive drinking.
(d) Their desire to expand their kingdom into Ireland.
2. Who comes to Joanna's defense when Gruffydd disrespects her in Chapter 26?
(b) William de Braose.
(c) Will de Braose, grandson of William and Maude.
3. What does King John give to Llewelyn to prove his desire for peace in Chapter 38?
(a) Two English manors.
(b) A written apology.
(c) A prize stallion.
(d) Two thousand marks.
4. Who does John fear Richard will name as his heir in Chapter 8?
(a) Young Henry.
5. Who is visiting Joanna in Wales when she goes into labor with her second child?
(a) Will, her uncle.
(b) Richard, her brother.
(c) Isabelle, her stepmother.
(d) King John, her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eleanor and John meet in the moments before John's coronation?
2. Why is Gwenwynwyn of Lower Powys arrested in Chapter 24?
3. What is the first symptom of the illness that will plague King John in the final days of his life?
4. What has happened in the relationship between King John and William de Braose, his old friend?
5. What is the name of Joanna and her husband's first child?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)