Prologue and Book One, Chapters 1-2
1. What is the traditional name of Wales?
2. From whom do the people of Wales believe they are descended?
(a) Persephone and Hades.
(b) Brutus and the citizens of ancient Troy.
(c) Hercules and the demigods of Greece.
(d) Caesar and the citizens of Rome.
3. How many separate kingdoms are there in Wales as the novel begins?
4. What outside force begins to invade Wales during the reigns of the Norman Conqueror, William the Bastard, and his sons?
(a) The English.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Normans.
(d) The French.
5. How many legitimate sons did Henry Plantagenet, King of England, Lord of Ireland and Wales, Duke of Normandy, and Count of Anjou, have?
6. Who was supposed to be Henry's heir, to take the crown upon Henry Pantagenet's death?
(c) Young Henry.
This section contains 5,326 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)