|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
2. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
3. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
4. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
5. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of religion in the play. Some questions you may want to consider: How does religion influences characters' actions; is religion is ever used for self-serving purposes; are characters with strong religious views more or less moral than those who are not; are religious attitudes affected by factors such as class and culture?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of friendship in the play. Which characters seem to have genuine friendships, which do not, and why? Does class seem to affect friendships?
Essay Topic 3
The societies of England and France in the time the play is set was strongly based on class. Discuss how characters in the play are treated based on their class and consider how class seems to affect how the characters view their world.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)