|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the tactics Henry employs in his campaign would not be acceptable under modern day standards of warfare and some would even be considered war crimes. Discuss whether in your opinion a character like Henry should be considered an honorable and heroic character by today's standards.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of gruesome rhetoric in the play such as Henry's graphic description of what will happen to the people of Harfleur if they do not surrender. Provide some examples. Why is this rhetoric effective? Would this type of rhetoric be considered appropriate today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in the play are sentenced to die for committing various crimes, yet there is no mention of any criminal trials. So, how are matters of criminal justice handled in the world of Henry the Fifth?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)