Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Discuss the process Henry went through from being wild Prince Hal to honorable King Henry. Henry has little to say about the issue, but other characters have made a variety of observations on the subject. What kinds of things do various characters say about Henry's transformation and what are their attitudes toward this change? What are your thoughts on Henry's journey from irresponsible youth to responsible adult?
Discuss the importance of patriotism and duty as represented in the play. How did the people of Shakespeare's day seem to view these concepts? How does their attitudes toward these concepts compare to modern-day beliefs about them?
Discuss the role of religion in the play. Some questions you may want to consider: How does religion influences characters' actions; is religion is ever used for self-serving purposes; are characters with strong religious views more or less moral than those who are not; are religious attitudes affected by factors such as class and culture?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)