Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the French language is used in the play and be sure to provide examples. Some questions you may want to consider: Is Shakespeare's use of French an effective rhetorical device; would audience members who do not understand French have a difficult time following and enjoying the play; should a director of the play consider using translations if he or she knows a majority of audience members will not understand the language?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of religion in the play. Some questions you may want to consider: How does religion influences characters' actions; is religion is ever used for self-serving purposes; are characters with strong religious views more or less moral than those who are not; are religious attitudes affected by factors such as class and culture?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of gruesome rhetoric in the play such as Henry's graphic description of what will happen to the people of Harfleur if they do not surrender. Provide some examples. Why is this rhetoric effective? Would this type of rhetoric be considered appropriate today? Why or why not?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)