|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
2. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
3. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
4. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
5. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze bias in the play. For example, does the play seem to be excessively biased in favor of England and against France? Is some bias acceptable in a historical work or does it make the play come across as a piece of propaganda?
Essay Topic 2
Compare King Henry and the English royal court to the king of France and the French royal court. Some issues to consider are leadership, relationships, communications skills, ethics, and personality.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in the play are sentenced to die for committing various crimes, yet there is no mention of any criminal trials. So, how are matters of criminal justice handled in the world of Henry the Fifth?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)