Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Essay Topic 1
Compare this play to another work with which you are familiar and that is similar to the Life of Henry the Fifth is some way in regards to genre, theme, setting, period, authorship, etc. For example, you might compare this play to another of Shakespeare's plays, a play by one of Shakespeare's contemporaries (Christopher Marlowe, Thomas Kyd, etc.), an epic war drama of any period (300, Braveheart, etc.), or a story set in the medieval or Renaissance period in Europe (The Princess Bride, Le Retour de Martin Guerre, etc.). Try to focus your analysis on the two works' similarities and how understanding of the one helps you appreciate the other.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of religion in the play. Some questions you may want to consider: How does religion influences characters' actions; is religion is ever used for self-serving purposes; are characters with strong religious views more or less moral than those who are not; are religious attitudes affected by factors such as class and culture?
Essay Topic 3
After receiving an insulting gift from the Dauphin, King Henry seems very quick to go to war with France. The people of England strongly support their king and are willing to fight and die for him. Compare the response of the people of England in Henry's time to the way people respond to wars today.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)