Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the tactics Henry employs in his campaign would not be acceptable under modern day standards of warfare and some would even be considered war crimes. Discuss whether in your opinion a character like Henry should be considered an honorable and heroic character by today's standards.
Essay Topic 2
The societies of England and France in the time the play is set was strongly based on class. Discuss how characters in the play are treated based on their class and consider how class seems to affect how the characters view their world.
Essay Topic 3
After receiving an insulting gift from the Dauphin, King Henry seems very quick to go to war with France. The people of England strongly support their king and are willing to fight and die for him. Compare the response of the people of England in Henry's time to the way people respond to wars today.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)