Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Essay Topic 1
Shakespeare's "The Life of King Henry the Fifth" is a work of fiction based upon a historical event. Many of the characters and situations presented in the novel are based on factual information, but many others are entirely fabrications. Discuss whether you think works like Henry the Fifth help us to understand historical events better or if pure historical accounts alone are sufficient. You may want to discuss whether historical fiction has a place in a history class or if it belongs only in a literature course.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the French language is used in the play and be sure to provide examples. Some questions you may want to consider: Is Shakespeare's use of French an effective rhetorical device; would audience members who do not understand French have a difficult time following and enjoying the play; should a director of the play consider using translations if he or she knows a majority of audience members will not understand the language?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of religion in the play. Some questions you may want to consider: How does religion influences characters' actions; is religion is ever used for self-serving purposes; are characters with strong religious views more or less moral than those who are not; are religious attitudes affected by factors such as class and culture?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)