|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
2. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
3. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
4. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
5. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
2. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
3. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
4. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
5. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
6. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
7. Summarize the comments the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier to collect the ransom.
8. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
9. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
10. What is Henry's reasoning for wanting to go forward with Bardolph's execution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the attitude toward monarchy in the world of Henry the Fifth. Are there major differences between the monarchy of England and of France? How do people regard their country's monarchies? How do monarchs view themselves?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of patriotism in the play. How does King Henry use patriotism in the play and how do various characters express their patriotism?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the tactics Henry employs in his campaign would not be acceptable under modern day standards of warfare and some would even be considered war crimes. Discuss whether in your opinion a character like Henry should be considered an honorable and heroic character by today's standards.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)