|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
2. What had Gower observed Pistol doing that he finally chastises him for after Fluellen beats him up?
3. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
4. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
5. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the process Henry went through from being wild Prince Hal to honorable King Henry. Henry has little to say about the issue, but other characters have made a variety of observations on the subject. What kinds of things do various characters say about Henry's transformation and what are their attitudes toward this change? What are your thoughts on Henry's journey from irresponsible youth to responsible adult?
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in the play are sentenced to die for committing various crimes, yet there is no mention of any criminal trials. So, how are matters of criminal justice handled in the world of Henry the Fifth?
Essay Topic 3
Compare King Henry and the English royal court to the king of France and the French royal court. Some issues to consider are leadership, relationships, communications skills, ethics, and personality.
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)