|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
2. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
3. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
4. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
5. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
2. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
3. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
4. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
5. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
6. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
7. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
8. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
9. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
10. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The societies of England and France in the time the play is set was strongly based on class. Discuss how characters in the play are treated based on their class and consider how class seems to affect how the characters view their world.
Essay Topic 2
Compare King Henry and the English royal court to the king of France and the French royal court. Some issues to consider are leadership, relationships, communications skills, ethics, and personality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of religion in the play. Some questions you may want to consider: How does religion influences characters' actions; is religion is ever used for self-serving purposes; are characters with strong religious views more or less moral than those who are not; are religious attitudes affected by factors such as class and culture?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)