|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
2. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
3. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
4. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
5. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze bias in the play. For example, does the play seem to be excessively biased in favor of England and against France? Is some bias acceptable in a historical work or does it make the play come across as a piece of propaganda?
Essay Topic 2
Compare King Henry and the English royal court to the king of France and the French royal court. Some issues to consider are leadership, relationships, communications skills, ethics, and personality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of gruesome rhetoric in the play such as Henry's graphic description of what will happen to the people of Harfleur if they do not surrender. Provide some examples. Why is this rhetoric effective? Would this type of rhetoric be considered appropriate today? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)