|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
2. What had Gower observed Pistol doing that he finally chastises him for after Fluellen beats him up?
3. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
4. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
5. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
2. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
3. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
4. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
5. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
6. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
7. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
8. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
9. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
10. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women in the play. Be sure to include a discussion of issues such as class, culture, and attitudes toward marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of friendship in the play. Which characters seem to have genuine friendships, which do not, and why? Does class seem to affect friendships?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the chorus. What is the chorus' purpose? Be sure to provide some examples of how the chorus is used in the play.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)