Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
Essay Topic 1
Shakespeare's "The Life of King Henry the Fifth" is a work of fiction based upon a historical event. Many of the characters and situations presented in the novel are based on factual information, but many others are entirely fabrications. Discuss whether you think works like Henry the Fifth help us to understand historical events better or if pure historical accounts alone are sufficient. You may want to discuss whether historical fiction has a place in a history class or if it belongs only in a literature course.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in the play are sentenced to die for committing various crimes, yet there is no mention of any criminal trials. So, how are matters of criminal justice handled in the world of Henry the Fifth?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze bias in the play. For example, does the play seem to be excessively biased in favor of England and against France? Is some bias acceptable in a historical work or does it make the play come across as a piece of propaganda?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)