|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
2. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
3. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
4. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
5. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey respond when they are charged with treason?
2. Compare the response of the English and French to the impending war based on the chorus's observations.
3. Why is the constable confounded that the English are better warriors than the French?
4. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
5. Describe the relationship between Hostess Quickly and Pistol and give examples.
6. Why does the chorus have an apologetic tone concerning the play?
7. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
8. The chorus cites one of England's weaknesses that the French are using to their advantage. What is the weakness and how does France plan to use it in its favor?
9. King Henry tells his uncle, Exeter, to free a man who had railed against him while intoxicated. What is Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey's response to this pardon and what is the significance of their response?
10. Explain what the constable means when he tells the Dauphin that Henry was "covering discretion with a coat of folly" and the significance of this statement.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The societies of England and France in the time the play is set was strongly based on class. Discuss how characters in the play are treated based on their class and consider how class seems to affect how the characters view their world.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of friendship in the play. Which characters seem to have genuine friendships, which do not, and why? Does class seem to affect friendships?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss agricultural metaphors in the play, especially as they pertain to Henry's transformation from wild prince to respected king.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)