Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
2. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
3. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. In addition to not wanting to die, why does Nym not want to go up to the breach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
2. Explain what the constable means when he tells the Dauphin that Henry was "covering discretion with a coat of folly" and the significance of this statement.
3. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
4. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
5. Describe the kind of rhetorical appeals Henry uses to persuade his army to be persistent in their attack on Harfleur.
6. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
7. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
8. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
9. Why does the boy want to quit working for Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol? Be sure to provide examples.
10. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of patriotism in the play. How does King Henry use patriotism in the play and how do various characters express their patriotism?
Essay Topic 2
Compare King Henry and the English royal court to the king of France and the French royal court. Some issues to consider are leadership, relationships, communications skills, ethics, and personality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the chorus. What is the chorus' purpose? Be sure to provide some examples of how the chorus is used in the play.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)