|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
(b) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
(c) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(d) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
2. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(b) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(c) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(d) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
3. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
(b) Jay Zu Creest.
(c) Signieur Dew.
(d) Harry le Roy.
4. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(b) He is ready to marry Katherine.
(c) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(d) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
5. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Move his body.
(b) Treat his injury.
(c) Act as interpreter.
(d) Tie him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
2. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
3. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
4. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
5. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
2. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
3. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
4. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
5. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
6. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
7. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
8. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
9. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
10. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)