|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) His brother.
(b) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(c) As dead as he will be.
(d) Forgotten eventually.
2. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(b) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(c) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(d) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
3. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
(b) Go to Calais, then return to England.
(c) Prepare for the next battle.
(d) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
4. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
(b) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
(c) A woman's voice may do some good.
(d) Women have no place in affairs of state.
5. Why does Katherine think Henry will mock her?
(a) She cannot speak English.
(b) As payback for the way her brother treated him.
(c) She is not very attractive.
(d) She is young and naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
2. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
3. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
4. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
5. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
2. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
3. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
4. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
5. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
6. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
7. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
8. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
9. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
10. Summarize the comments the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier to collect the ransom.
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)