|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(a) A French soldier.
2. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(a) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
(b) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(d) No one.
3. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(b) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(c) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
(d) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
4. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
(c) The River.
5. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(b) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(c) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
(d) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
2. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
3. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
4. Why does Henry have to return to France?
5. Why does the King of France say he has not yet agreed to England's demands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
2. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
3. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
4. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
5. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
6. Summarize the comments the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier to collect the ransom.
7. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
8. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
9. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
10. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)