|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(b) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(c) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(d) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
2. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
(a) Two hundred crowns.
(b) Seven hundred francs.
(c) Thirty pieces of silver.
(d) Two hundred pounds.
3. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) A horse as good as Henry's.
(b) Ten thousand more English troops.
(c) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
(d) A hot meal.
4. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
5. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) His brave words at the bridge.
(b) Exeter had declared as much.
(c) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(d) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orleans say has been lost?
2. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
3. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
4. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
5. Why does Henry have to return to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
2. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
3. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
4. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
5. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
6. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
7. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
8. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
9. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
10. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)