|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(a) The boy.
2. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
(a) Two-thirds of all France's tax revenues.
(c) A formal apology from the Dauphin.
(d) The French king's crown and all his powers.
3. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(b) In honor of St. David's day.
(c) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
(d) To mask body odor.
4. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Says that it makes no difference.
(b) Tries to run away.
(c) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(d) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
5. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
(a) No one.
(b) Their king.
(d) Seeing us (the French) die.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
2. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
3. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
4. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
5. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)