|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
(a) He swallowed hard, but refused to cry.
(b) He began laughing hysterically even though he knew it was inappropriate.
(c) He screamed in anger.
(d) He was moved to tears.
2. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
(b) His brave words at the bridge.
(c) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(d) Exeter had declared as much.
3. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) Four or five actors with foils.
(b) A painting of a battle scene.
(c) A fireworks display.
(d) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
4. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(b) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
(c) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(d) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
5. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) St. George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
2. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
3. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
4. What does Orleans say has been lost?
5. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
2. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
3. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
4. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
5. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
6. Summarize the comments the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier to collect the ransom.
7. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
8. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
9. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
10. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)