|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) As dead as he will be.
(b) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(c) His brother.
(d) Forgotten eventually.
2. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(c) South Hampton.
3. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
(a) The Queen of Sheepah.
(b) Attila the Nun.
(c) Alexander the Pig.
(d) Julius Cheeser.
4. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
(a) Have a major street in London renamed for him.
(b) Declare a national holiday in his name.
(c) Have a statue of himself made.
(d) Ride in a parade with his battle-scarred helmet and sword.
5. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(d) Locks of their own hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
2. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
3. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
4. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
5. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
2. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
3. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
4. What is Henry's reasoning for wanting to go forward with Bardolph's execution?
5. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
6. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
7. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
8. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
9. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
10. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)