|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ancient city does the chorus compare London as they welcome the return of their king?
2. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) Ten thousand more English troops.
(b) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) A horse as good as Henry's.
3. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(b) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(c) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(d) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
4. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(b) Says that it makes no difference.
(c) Tries to run away.
(d) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
5. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
(a) Attila the Nun.
(b) Alexander the Pig.
(c) The Queen of Sheepah.
(d) Julius Cheeser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
2. Why does Henry have to return to France?
3. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
4. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
5. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
2. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
3. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
4. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
5. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
6. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
7. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
8. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
9. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
10. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)