|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) The devil.
(b) The French army.
(d) No one.
2. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The Constable.
3. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(b) Stab themselves.
(c) Hang themselves.
(d) Disguise themselves as commoners.
4. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
(b) A break in the battle.
(c) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(d) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
5. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
(a) He is getting drunk before the battle.
(b) He spends too much time associating with common soldiers.
(c) He is speaking too loudly.
(d) He has not studied classical warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
2. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
3. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
4. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
5. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
2. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
3. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
4. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
5. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
6. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
7. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
8. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
9. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
10. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)