|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
(a) Soldiers are basking in the sun before returning home.
(b) English ships are running aground because of a storm.
(c) Crabs and other seafood are being collected for a celebration.
(d) Soldiers are being reunited with their families.
2. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A fort.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A pier.
(d) A city wall.
3. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Covet gold.
(b) Betray a friend.
(c) Kill one's enemies.
(d) Covet honor.
4. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) A woman's voice may do some good.
(b) Women have no place in affairs of state.
(c) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
(d) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
5. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) A horse as good as Henry's.
(b) A hot meal.
(c) Ten thousand more English troops.
(d) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
2. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
3. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
4. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
5. Why does Erpingham say sleeping on the ground is better for him than having a soft pillow for his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
2. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
3. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
4. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
5. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
6. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
7. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
8. Summarize the comments the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier to collect the ransom.
9. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
10. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)