|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
(b) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(c) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
(d) A break in the battle.
2. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Says that it makes no difference.
(b) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(c) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(d) Tries to run away.
3. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
(b) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(c) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
(d) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
4. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
(a) The loyalty of his men.
(b) French arrogance.
(c) Superior strategy.
5. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
(a) Is never filled.
(b) Appears the same as a full one.
(c) Makes the greatest sound.
(d) Is easily broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orleans say has been lost?
2. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
3. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
4. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
5. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
2. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
3. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
4. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
5. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
6. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
7. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
8. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
9. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
10. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)