|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(b) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(c) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(d) He is ready to marry Katherine.
2. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
(a) That Henry will admit the war was a mistake.
(b) That all griefs and quarrels will be changed to love.
(c) That they will take Henry captive and hold him for ransom.
(d) That Katherine will accept Henry's marriage proposal.
3. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
4. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
(a) Declare a national holiday in his name.
(b) Have a statue of himself made.
(c) Have a major street in London renamed for him.
(d) Ride in a parade with his battle-scarred helmet and sword.
5. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(a) South Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
2. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
3. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
4. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
5. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
2. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
3. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
4. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
5. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
6. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
7. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
8. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
9. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
10. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)