|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
(a) No one.
(b) Their king.
(c) Seeing us (the French) die.
2. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) Women have no place in affairs of state.
(b) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
(c) A woman's voice may do some good.
(d) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
3. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
4. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
(a) Is never filled.
(b) Makes the greatest sound.
(c) Appears the same as a full one.
(d) Is easily broken.
5. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(b) Smell each other's fear.
(c) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(d) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
2. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
3. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
4. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
5. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
2. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
3. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
4. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
5. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
6. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
7. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
8. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
9. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
10. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)