|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Duty to king and country.
(b) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(c) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(d) A chance to travel and see the world.
2. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Hang themselves.
(b) Stab themselves.
(c) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(d) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
3. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
(b) Signieur Dew.
(c) Jay Zu Creest.
(d) Harry le Roy.
4. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
(a) It goes against the law of arms.
(b) That the boys should have been armed and taught to defend themselves.
(c) It is what happens when you leave a boy to do a man's job.
(d) They were all orphans, so none will be missed.
5. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
(a) French soldiers.
(b) Soldiers who had run from the battle.
(c) The king himself in order to arouse the rage of his own soldiers against the French.
(d) Escaped criminals from a nearby prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
2. According to Exeter, French troops outnumber the English at Agincourt by what ratio?
3. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
4. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
5. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
2. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
3. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
4. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
5. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
6. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
7. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
8. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
9. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
10. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)