|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Tie him up.
(b) Move his body.
(c) Act as interpreter.
(d) Treat his injury.
2. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(b) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(c) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(d) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
3. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(b) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(c) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(d) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
4. Why does the King of France say he has not yet agreed to England's demands?
(a) He has not read them yet because he does not know English and is waiting on his translator.
(b) He wants to go over them once more with some of Henry's council.
(c) England's demands are too harsh and, therefore, unacceptable.
(d) The queen told him not to agree to anything.
5. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
(b) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
(c) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(d) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
2. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
3. What had Gower observed Pistol doing that he finally chastises him for after Fluellen beats him up?
4. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
5. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
2. Summarize the comments the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier to collect the ransom.
3. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
4. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
5. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
6. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
7. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
8. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
9. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
10. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)