|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
(a) Williams says he will accept Fluellen's money if that will make him happy.
(b) Exeter tells them to go settle the matter with swords.
(c) Henry demands that they be quiet.
(d) A herald arrives with the battle's death count.
2. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
3. Why does Erpingham say sleeping on the ground is better for him than having a soft pillow for his head?
(a) Because he can say he is sleeping like a king.
(b) Pillows make him sneeze.
(c) Only Frenchmen use pillows.
(d) Sleeping on the hard ground is good for his back.
4. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(a) South Hampton.
5. Why does the King of France say he has not yet agreed to England's demands?
(a) The queen told him not to agree to anything.
(b) He wants to go over them once more with some of Henry's council.
(c) England's demands are too harsh and, therefore, unacceptable.
(d) He has not read them yet because he does not know English and is waiting on his translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
2. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
3. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
4. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
5. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
2. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
3. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
4. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
5. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
6. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
7. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
8. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
9. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
10. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)