|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
(a) Have a statue of himself made.
(b) Ride in a parade with his battle-scarred helmet and sword.
(c) Declare a national holiday in his name.
(d) Have a major street in London renamed for him.
2. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
(b) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
(c) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
(d) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
3. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
(b) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(c) Exeter had declared as much.
(d) His brave words at the bridge.
5. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(b) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
(c) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
(d) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
2. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
3. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
4. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
5. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the French soldiers feel so ashamed during the battle?
2. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
3. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
4. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
5. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
6. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
7. What is Henry's reasoning for wanting to go forward with Bardolph's execution?
8. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
9. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
10. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)