|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) As dead as he will be.
(b) His brother.
(c) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(d) Forgotten eventually.
2. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(b) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(d) The third hour of the morning.
3. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
(b) The River.
4. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(d) The boy.
5. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) No one.
(c) The French army.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
2. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
3. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
4. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
5. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
2. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
3. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
4. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
5. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
6. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
7. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
8. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
9. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
10. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)