|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
(d) A centaur.
2. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(d) Locks of their own hair.
3. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
4. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
(d) Three days.
5. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(b) Smell each other's fear.
(c) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(d) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
2. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
3. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
4. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
5. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
2. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
3. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
4. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
5. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
6. Why is Fluellen so insistent that Pistol eat a leek?
7. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
8. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
9. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
10. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)