|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Tie him up.
(b) Treat his injury.
(c) Act as interpreter.
(d) Move his body.
2. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(d) Locks of their own hair.
3. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(b) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
(c) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
(d) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
4. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
(a) An extra sword.
(b) A banner from a trumpet.
(c) Some food to give the starving Englishmen.
(d) Ropes to tie up all the prisoners he will capture.
5. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(b) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(c) He is ready to marry Katherine.
(d) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
2. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
3. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
4. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
5. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
2. What is Henry's reasoning for wanting to go forward with Bardolph's execution?
3. Explain why Henry's post-war stay in England is cut short.
4. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
5. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
6. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
7. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
8. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
9. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
10. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)