|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
(a) The Dauphin sent him tennis balls.
(b) Montjoy came to propose that he ransom himself.
(c) He has come to France.
(d) The battle of Harfleur.
2. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(b) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(c) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(d) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
3. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
4. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(b) The boy.
5. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(b) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
(c) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(d) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
2. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
3. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
4. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
5. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
2. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
3. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
4. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
5. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
6. When Henry is in disguise walking among his men, how does he talk about himself?
7. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
8. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
9. What is Henry's reasoning for wanting to go forward with Bardolph's execution?
10. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)