|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(a) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(b) No one.
(d) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
2. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) His brother.
(b) As dead as he will be.
(c) Forgotten eventually.
(d) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
3. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
(a) Two hundred crowns.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) Thirty pieces of silver.
(d) Seven hundred francs.
4. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Tie him up.
(b) Treat his injury.
(c) Move his body.
(d) Act as interpreter.
5. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(a) South Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
2. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
3. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
4. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
5. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
2. What is the significance of Saint Crispin's day?
3. What is Henry's response when Katherine asks how she could possibly love the enemy of France?
4. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
5. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
6. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
7. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
8. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
9. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
10. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)