|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
(b) St. Patrick.
(d) St. George.
2. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
(a) He is trying to start a new fashion trend.
(b) He forgot it was still there.
(c) To annoy Pistol.
(d) He does not have a pocket to put it in.
3. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Half way to Rouen.
(b) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(c) Still in Calais.
(d) A day's march away.
4. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
(b) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(c) The French have surrendered.
(d) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
5. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
2. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
3. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
4. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
5. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
2. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
3. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
4. What does the constable mean when he tells the other soldiers, "straight to horse"?
5. What is Henry's reasoning for wanting to go forward with Bardolph's execution?
6. What does Exeter say was his response to witnessing the scene between York and Suffolk and what is Henry's response to this revelation?
7. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
8. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
9. Summarize the message from the French king that Montjoy gives to Henry.
10. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)