|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
2. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
3. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
(a) French arrogance.
(b) The loyalty of his men.
(c) Superior strategy.
4. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
(d) A centaur.
5. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
2. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
3. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
4. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
5. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the negative consequences Burgundy says that France has suffered due to lack of peace?
2. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
3. Describe the poignant scene that Exeter witnessed on the battlefield.
4. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
5. What is Grandpre's attitude toward the English camp?
6. What are some of the conjectures that the constable, Orleans, and Rambures make about Henry and the English?
7. Describe what Henry is doing in the English camp the night before the battle of Agincourt.
8. Describe the death toll of the battle of Agincourt. For example, were the losses lopsided or did both sides suffer fairly equally? How are the dead accounted for in terms of class and social status?
9. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
10. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)