|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) A fireworks display.
(b) Four or five actors with foils.
(c) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
(d) A painting of a battle scene.
2. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(b) Still in Calais.
(c) A day's march away.
(d) Half way to Rouen.
3. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
(a) Escaped criminals from a nearby prison.
(b) The king himself in order to arouse the rage of his own soldiers against the French.
(c) Soldiers who had run from the battle.
(d) French soldiers.
4. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
(a) The battle is too early and he has not yet had breakfast.
(b) The English will not present much of a challenge and they will not have enough blood to stain all their weapons.
(c) His favorite horse is injured and he will have to ride a different one.
(d) The English have proven they fight noblemen and commoners the same unmerciful way.
5. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Covet honor.
(b) Betray a friend.
(c) Kill one's enemies.
(d) Covet gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
2. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
3. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
4. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
5. Why does Katherine think Henry will mock her?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)