|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(b) Digging mines.
(c) The set up of the cannons.
(d) Breaching the city's walls.
2. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Women in a bawdy house.
(b) Bear baiting.
(c) Attending a play.
(d) A Whitsun morris-dance.
3. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Left-handed golf clubs.
(b) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(c) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(d) Tennis balls.
4. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(b) The will of God.
(c) The perilous narrow ocean.
(d) A fortnight's journey by horse.
5. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Offer him a position at court.
(b) Pardon him.
(c) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(d) Execute him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
2. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
3. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
4. What is Montjoy's job?
5. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
Short Essay Questions
1. King Henry tells his uncle, Exeter, to free a man who had railed against him while intoxicated. What is Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey's response to this pardon and what is the significance of their response?
2. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
3. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
4. Describe the chorus' attitude toward King Henry.
5. How do Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey respond when they are charged with treason?
6. Compare the response of the English and French to the impending war based on the chorus's observations.
7. Describe the relationship between Hostess Quickly and Pistol and give examples.
8. Why does the boy want to quit working for Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol? Be sure to provide examples.
9. Why is the Archbishop of Canterbury worried that a certain bill will be passed?
10. What is the French king's response to the negative tone of his court's conversation about England's invasion and what does he decide to do about the situation?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)