|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Stage hands.
(b) Royal servants.
(d) The audience's thoughts.
2. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Arc de Triomphe.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Notre Dame Cathedral.
3. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
(a) The willingness of Spain to stand as allies.
(b) The king of England.
(c) How much the people of France love and respect him.
(d) The ability of French towns to withstand siege.
4. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(b) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(c) Confiscate anything of value.
(d) Burn it to the ground.
5. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(b) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(c) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
(d) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
2. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
3. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
4. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
5. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Exeter deliver to the French court, especially concerning the king of France and the Dauphin?
2. What is the French king's response to the negative tone of his court's conversation about England's invasion and what does he decide to do about the situation?
3. Why is the Archbishop of Canterbury worried that a certain bill will be passed?
4. Explain why it is important to Katherine that Alice teaches her English.
5. Describe the relationship between Hostess Quickly and Pistol and give examples.
6. What is the governor of Harfleur's response to Henry's demands and what is his explanation for his decision?
7. How do Falstaff's friends mourn his passing?
8. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
9. Discuss how the chorus helps the audience use their imagination as the English army begins the invasion.
10. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)