|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(b) The Straits of Dover.
(c) Hampton pier.
2. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) On the coastline.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(d) In the suburbs of Paris.
3. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
5. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
2. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
3. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
4. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why it is important to Katherine that Alice teaches her English.
2. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
3. What message does Exeter deliver to the French court, especially concerning the king of France and the Dauphin?
4. Describe the conditions under which the chorus says the play had been authored.
5. Explain what Henry tells Fluellen to do when he gives him Williams' glove.
6. Discuss how the chorus helps the audience use their imagination as the English army begins the invasion.
7. Compare the response of the English and French to the impending war based on the chorus's observations.
8. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
9. What are some of the outrageous claims the Dauphin makes about his horse?
10. Describe the meaning of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry and Henry's response to the gift.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)