|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) God have mercy because we will not!
(b) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
(d) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
2. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) Too much drink.
(c) An infected wound.
(d) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
3. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Four/one quarter.
(b) Two/one half.
(c) Ten/three tenths.
(d) Three/one third.
5. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
2. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
3. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
4. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
5. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Prologue, what mythical creature does the chorus invoke and what does he hope doing so will accomplish?
2. What message does Exeter deliver to the French court, especially concerning the king of France and the Dauphin?
3. What does Henry tell the governor of Harfleur will happen to the people of his city if they do not surrender immediately?
4. The chorus cites one of England's weaknesses that the French are using to their advantage. What is the weakness and how does France plan to use it in its favor?
5. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
6. Why is the constable confounded that the English are better warriors than the French?
7. King Henry tells his uncle, Exeter, to free a man who had railed against him while intoxicated. What is Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey's response to this pardon and what is the significance of their response?
8. Ely compares King Henry's development as a leader to the way certain types of fruit grow. Discuss this metaphor and how it applies to the king.
9. Compare the response of the English and French to the impending war based on the chorus's observations.
10. Describe the relationship between Hostess Quickly and Pistol and give examples.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)