|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(c) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(d) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
3. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
4. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A pleasant evening.
(b) A short story.
(c) An hour-glass.
(d) A sundial.
5. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(b) This history.
(c) The audience's good favor.
(d) The presence of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
3. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
4. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the comparisons that Fluellen makes between Henry and Alexander the Great?
2. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
3. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
4. What does Henry tell the governor of Harfleur will happen to the people of his city if they do not surrender immediately?
5. Compare the demeanor of the English troops to that of the French troops before the battle of Agincourt.
6. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
7. What is the basis of the quarrel between Henry, who is in disguise, and Williams?
8. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
9. Explain the situation with Williams' glove after Henry asks Fluellen to wear it in his cap.
10. What is the Salic Law and what is its significance in the play?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)