|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Rot in the prison graveyard.
(b) Fear the king.
(c) Serve the king.
(d) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
2. To what ethnic heritage does Britaine refer to when he suggests the English are of illegitimate birth?
3. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(b) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(c) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
(d) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
4. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(a) People of the past and their actions.
(b) Each other.
(c) The play.
5. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Women in a bawdy house.
(b) Bear baiting.
(c) A Whitsun morris-dance.
(d) Attending a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
3. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
4. The constable states that if Henry cannot be fought off, then they should leave France and leave their "__________ to a barbarous people."
5. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
2. Discuss how the chorus helps the audience use their imagination as the English army begins the invasion.
3. Why is the Archbishop of Canterbury worried that a certain bill will be passed?
4. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
5. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
6. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
7. How do Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey respond when they are charged with treason?
8. How do Falstaff's friends mourn his passing?
9. What does Henry tell the governor of Harfleur will happen to the people of his city if they do not surrender immediately?
10. The chorus cites one of England's weaknesses that the French are using to their advantage. What is the weakness and how does France plan to use it in its favor?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)