|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(c) Throw a dinner party.
(d) Bestow them a breakfast.
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Ten/three tenths.
(b) Three/one third.
(c) Four/one quarter.
(d) Two/one half.
3. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
4. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
5. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(b) Old women.
(c) Privèd maidens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
2. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
3. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
4. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe England's celebratory mood as Henry and his army return home from France.
2. Describe the exchange between Pistol and the French soldier that the boy is called upon to serve as interpreter.
3. What does Henry tell Montjoy will be the result of dead English soldiers being buried in France?
4. Why does the boy want to quit working for Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol? Be sure to provide examples.
5. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
6. What does Gower tell Pistol after Fluellen beats him and forces him to eat the leek?
7. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
8. What does Bourbon declare must be done rather than live with the shame of losing to the English?
9. Ely compares King Henry's development as a leader to the way certain types of fruit grow. Discuss this metaphor and how it applies to the king.
10. What is the governor of Harfleur's response to Henry's demands and what is his explanation for his decision?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)