|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(b) God have mercy because we will not!
(d) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
2. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) The temper of a woman.
(c) A strong stomach.
(d) An even smaller brain.
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Two/one half.
(b) Three/one third.
(c) Four/one quarter.
(d) Ten/three tenths.
4. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Find a professional English teacher.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Practice their English on their visitors.
(d) Get ready for bed.
5. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He used to be more fun.
(b) It was a long time coming.
(c) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(d) We are blessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
2. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
3. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
4. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
5. In addition to not wanting to die, why does Nym not want to go up to the breach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the boy want to quit working for Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol? Be sure to provide examples.
2. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
3. What is the Salic Law and what is its significance in the play?
4. How do Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey respond when they are charged with treason?
5. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
6. What does Fluellen mean when he talks about the "disciplines of war" and what is his attitude toward these disciplines?
7. What is the governor of Harfleur's response to Henry's demands and what is his explanation for his decision?
8. Discuss how the chorus helps the audience use their imagination as the English army begins the invasion.
9. Why is the constable confounded that the English are better warriors than the French?
10. How do Falstaff's friends mourn his passing?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)