|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(b) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
(c) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(d) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
2. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
(a) Pharaoh's slaughter of Hebrew babies.
(b) The battle of Armageddon.
(c) Joshua's attack on Jericho.
(d) Herod's slaughter of Jewish children.
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Gorgon.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Hydra.
4. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
5. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(c) Mother Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
3. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
4. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
5. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Hostess Quickly and Pistol and give examples.
2. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
3. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
4. Describe the meaning of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry and Henry's response to the gift.
5. What does Henry tell the governor of Harfleur will happen to the people of his city if they do not surrender immediately?
6. Why is the Archbishop of Canterbury worried that a certain bill will be passed?
7. Explain why it is important to Katherine that Alice teaches her English.
8. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
9. Describe the kind of rhetorical appeals Henry uses to persuade his army to be persistent in their attack on Harfleur.
10. Compare the response of the English and French to the impending war based on the chorus's observations.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)