|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(b) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(c) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(d) To make an example of them for other French cities.
2. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(b) Breaching the city's walls.
(c) Digging mines.
(d) The set up of the cannons.
3. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(b) The Gorgon.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Hydra.
5. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
2. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
3. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
2. In the Prologue, what mythical creature does the chorus invoke and what does he hope doing so will accomplish?
3. What is the Salic Law and what is its significance in the play?
4. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
5. Why is the Archbishop of Canterbury worried that a certain bill will be passed?
6. How do Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey respond when they are charged with treason?
7. Describe the English lesson that Alice gives Katherine. What is the subject of the lesson and how successful is it?
8. What is Henry wanting his troops to do as they begin their attack on Harfleur and what does he suggest they do if they do not want to comply?
9. Explain why it is important to Katherine that Alice teaches her English.
10. The chorus cites one of England's weaknesses that the French are using to their advantage. What is the weakness and how does France plan to use it in its favor?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)