|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(c) Vampire bats.
2. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(b) The saving of their own souls.
(d) The kingdom's safety.
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A bawdy house.
(c) A convent.
(d) A sweatshop.
4. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Scots.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Spanish.
5. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
2. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
3. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
4. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the kind of rhetorical appeals Henry uses to persuade his army to be persistent in their attack on Harfleur.
2. Explain what the constable means when he tells the Dauphin that Henry was "covering discretion with a coat of folly" and the significance of this statement.
3. What does Fluellen mean when he talks about the "disciplines of war" and what is his attitude toward these disciplines?
4. How do Falstaff's friends mourn his passing?
5. Why is the constable confounded that the English are better warriors than the French?
6. Why is the Archbishop of Canterbury worried that a certain bill will be passed?
7. Explain why it is important to Katherine that Alice teaches her English.
8. What is the cause of the conflict between Nym and Pistol and how is this conflict resolved?
9. What message does Exeter deliver to the French court, especially concerning the king of France and the Dauphin?
10. Describe and discuss the offer the French make to Henry at Harfleur. What is Henry's opinion of the offer and what is his response to it?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)