|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Go to Calais, then return to England.
(b) Prepare for the next battle.
(c) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
(d) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
2. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
(a) Thirty pieces of silver.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) Two hundred crowns.
(d) Seven hundred francs.
3. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(b) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(c) Hang themselves.
(d) Stab themselves.
4. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
(a) Crabs and other seafood are being collected for a celebration.
(b) English ships are running aground because of a storm.
(c) Soldiers are basking in the sun before returning home.
(d) Soldiers are being reunited with their families.
5. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(b) To mask body odor.
(c) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
(d) In honor of St. David's day.
6. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(b) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
(c) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
(d) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
7. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
(b) A fireworks display.
(c) A painting of a battle scene.
(d) Four or five actors with foils.
8. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
9. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(b) No one.
(c) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(d) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
10. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(a) The King of France.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Constable.
11. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
(a) Larding the plain.
(b) Something is rotten in the state of France.
(c) Fertilizing a future vineyard.
(d) Food for worms.
12. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(b) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(c) Tries to run away.
(d) Says that it makes no difference.
13. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) Women have no place in affairs of state.
(b) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
(c) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
(d) A woman's voice may do some good.
14. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(d) South Hampton.
15. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(b) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(c) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(d) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
2. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
3. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
4. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
5. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)