|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
(a) A herald arrives with the battle's death count.
(b) Williams says he will accept Fluellen's money if that will make him happy.
(c) Exeter tells them to go settle the matter with swords.
(d) Henry demands that they be quiet.
2. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) No one.
(b) The French army.
(d) The devil.
3. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(b) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(c) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
(d) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) Exeter had declared as much.
(b) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(c) His brave words at the bridge.
(d) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
5. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
(a) Victuals for his men and horses?
(b) To for his ransom?
(c) France's finest men to fight?
(d) A gift of tennis balls?
6. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) In honor of St. David's day.
(b) To mask body odor.
(c) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(d) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
7. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
8. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
(a) Attila the Nun.
(b) Julius Cheeser.
(c) Alexander the Pig.
(d) The Queen of Sheepah.
9. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
(b) Three days.
10. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
11. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(d) A French soldier.
12. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
13. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(d) The boy.
14. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(b) No one.
(c) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
(d) A few sick and injured soldiers.
15. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) Ten thousand more English troops.
(b) A horse as good as Henry's.
(c) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
(d) A hot meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
2. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
3. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
4. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
5. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)