|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
(b) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
(c) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
(d) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
2. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
(a) He began laughing hysterically even though he knew it was inappropriate.
(b) He screamed in anger.
(c) He swallowed hard, but refused to cry.
(d) He was moved to tears.
3. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Half way to Rouen.
(b) Still in Calais.
(c) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(d) A day's march away.
4. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
(a) He does not have a pocket to put it in.
(b) He forgot it was still there.
(c) He is trying to start a new fashion trend.
(d) To annoy Pistol.
5. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
6. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Treat his injury.
(b) Act as interpreter.
(c) Move his body.
(d) Tie him up.
7. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) Returning to their mistresses.
(c) The break of day so the battle can begin.
(d) The end of the war.
8. What does Orleans say has been lost?
(a) His son (mon fils) and his brother (mon frère).
(b) The day (le jour) and all (tout).
(c) The war (la guerre).
(d) His horse (mon cheval).
9. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Stab themselves.
(b) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(c) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(d) Hang themselves.
10. What does Henry hope that his and Katherine's potential future son will do?
(a) Add Scotland and Ireland to the English empire.
(b) Marry a French woman as beautiful as his mother.
(c) Have a peaceful reign free of wars.
(d) Go to Constantinople to fight the Turks.
11. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(d) A French soldier.
12. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) Four or five actors with foils.
(b) A fireworks display.
(c) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
(d) A painting of a battle scene.
13. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Betray a friend.
(b) Covet honor.
(c) Covet gold.
(d) Kill one's enemies.
14. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(b) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(c) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
(d) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
15. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
(c) Loyal subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
4. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
5. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)