|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
(a) That Katherine will accept Henry's marriage proposal.
(b) That Henry will admit the war was a mistake.
(c) That they will take Henry captive and hold him for ransom.
(d) That all griefs and quarrels will be changed to love.
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
(a) Tell every soldier to kill his prisoners.
(b) Regroup and charge once more.
(d) Try to trick the French into thinking they are going to surrender.
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) His brave words at the bridge.
(b) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
(c) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(d) Exeter had declared as much.
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
(a) Give it to a glove maker so a mate can be made for it.
(b) Make sure Williams is buried with it.
(c) Fill it with coins and give it back to Williams.
(d) Send it to Williams' widow.
6. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(b) The Dauphin.
(d) The Constable.
7. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(b) Stab themselves.
(c) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(d) Hang themselves.
8. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
(b) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(c) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
(d) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
9. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A fort.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A pier.
(d) A city wall.
10. What does Henry hope that his and Katherine's potential future son will do?
(a) Add Scotland and Ireland to the English empire.
(b) Marry a French woman as beautiful as his mother.
(c) Go to Constantinople to fight the Turks.
(d) Have a peaceful reign free of wars.
11. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
(a) Find another woman to support him.
(b) Return to the army and help defend the border with Scotland.
(c) Go work on a farm.
(d) Become a thief.
12. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
(a) The break of day so the battle can begin.
(b) A hot meal.
(c) Returning to their mistresses.
(d) The end of the war.
13. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) No one.
(b) The French army.
(c) The devil.
14. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
(a) Their prowess as warriors.
(d) King Henry.
15. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(a) Locks of their own hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
2. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
3. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
4. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
5. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)