|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orleans say has been lost?
(a) His son (mon fils) and his brother (mon frère).
(b) The war (la guerre).
(c) The day (le jour) and all (tout).
(d) His horse (mon cheval).
2. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) In honor of St. David's day.
(b) To mask body odor.
(c) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(d) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
3. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) The end of the war.
(c) The break of day so the battle can begin.
(d) Returning to their mistresses.
4. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
(a) Food for worms.
(b) Fertilizing a future vineyard.
(c) Something is rotten in the state of France.
(d) Larding the plain.
5. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
(a) Regroup and charge once more.
(b) Try to trick the French into thinking they are going to surrender.
(c) Tell every soldier to kill his prisoners.
6. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
(a) The king himself in order to arouse the rage of his own soldiers against the French.
(b) Soldiers who had run from the battle.
(c) French soldiers.
(d) Escaped criminals from a nearby prison.
7. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(b) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(c) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(d) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
8. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
(b) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(c) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(d) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
9. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(b) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(c) Stab themselves.
(d) Hang themselves.
10. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) Smell each other's fear.
(b) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(c) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
(d) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
11. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
12. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
(b) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
(c) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(d) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
13. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(b) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(c) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(d) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
14. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
15. To what ancient city does the chorus compare London as they welcome the return of their king?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
2. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
3. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
4. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
5. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)