|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
2. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
(b) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
(c) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
(d) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
3. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
(d) A centaur.
4. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Half way to Rouen.
(b) Still in Calais.
(c) A day's march away.
(d) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
5. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(b) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(c) He is ready to marry Katherine.
(d) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
6. To what ancient city does the chorus compare London as they welcome the return of their king?
7. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
(a) He has not studied classical warfare.
(b) He is getting drunk before the battle.
(c) He is speaking too loudly.
(d) He spends too much time associating with common soldiers.
8. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
(c) Ten thousand more English troops.
(d) A horse as good as Henry's.
9. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(b) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(c) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(d) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
10. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
(b) Two-thirds of all France's tax revenues.
(c) The French king's crown and all his powers.
(d) A formal apology from the Dauphin.
11. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
(a) Go work on a farm.
(b) Become a thief.
(c) Return to the army and help defend the border with Scotland.
(d) Find another woman to support him.
12. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(b) Locks of their own hair.
13. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(b) South Hampton.
14. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(b) The boy.
15. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) The French army.
(c) The devil.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
2. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
3. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
4. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
5. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)