|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Tries to run away.
(b) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(c) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(d) Says that it makes no difference.
2. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(b) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(c) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(d) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
3. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
(a) It goes against the law of arms.
(b) They were all orphans, so none will be missed.
(c) That the boys should have been armed and taught to defend themselves.
(d) It is what happens when you leave a boy to do a man's job.
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) Exeter had declared as much.
(b) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
(c) His brave words at the bridge.
(d) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
5. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
(a) Julius Cheeser.
(b) Alexander the Pig.
(c) The Queen of Sheepah.
(d) Attila the Nun.
6. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
7. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Constable.
(d) The Dauphin.
8. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(b) A French soldier.
9. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Prepare for the next battle.
(b) Go to Calais, then return to England.
(c) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
(d) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
10. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
(a) Jay Zu Creest.
(b) Signieur Dew.
(d) Harry le Roy.
11. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Move his body.
(b) Treat his injury.
(c) Tie him up.
(d) Act as interpreter.
12. What does Henry hope that his and Katherine's potential future son will do?
(a) Have a peaceful reign free of wars.
(b) Go to Constantinople to fight the Turks.
(c) Add Scotland and Ireland to the English empire.
(d) Marry a French woman as beautiful as his mother.
13. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Covet honor.
(b) Betray a friend.
(c) Kill one's enemies.
(d) Covet gold.
14. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Still in Calais.
(b) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(c) A day's march away.
(d) Half way to Rouen.
15. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(c) South Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
2. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
3. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
4. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
5. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)