|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) He is ready to marry Katherine.
(b) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(c) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(d) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
2. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
(a) The English have been weakened by an outbreak of pox.
(b) The English will be too hungry to fight.
(c) They outnumber the English.
(d) He believes God is on their side.
3. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
(a) That the boys should have been armed and taught to defend themselves.
(b) They were all orphans, so none will be missed.
(c) It is what happens when you leave a boy to do a man's job.
(d) It goes against the law of arms.
4. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
5. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
(b) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
(c) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(d) A break in the battle.
6. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Hang themselves.
(b) Stab themselves.
(c) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(d) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
7. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
(a) Alexander the Pig.
(b) Attila the Nun.
(c) Julius Cheeser.
(d) The Queen of Sheepah.
8. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Constable.
9. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) Forgotten eventually.
(b) His brother.
(c) As dead as he will be.
(d) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
10. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
(b) King Henry.
(d) Their prowess as warriors.
11. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
(a) He has come to France.
(b) Montjoy came to propose that he ransom himself.
(c) The Dauphin sent him tennis balls.
(d) The battle of Harfleur.
12. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
(b) A woman's voice may do some good.
(c) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
(d) Women have no place in affairs of state.
13. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
(a) Make sure Williams is buried with it.
(b) Send it to Williams' widow.
(c) Give it to a glove maker so a mate can be made for it.
(d) Fill it with coins and give it back to Williams.
14. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
(a) Harry le Roy.
(b) Signieur Dew.
(d) Jay Zu Creest.
15. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(a) South Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
2. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
3. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
4. What does Orleans say has been lost?
5. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)