|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(b) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
(c) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(d) Smell each other's fear.
2. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(a) The Constable.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Dauphin.
3. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
(a) Soldiers are basking in the sun before returning home.
(b) Soldiers are being reunited with their families.
(c) English ships are running aground because of a storm.
(d) Crabs and other seafood are being collected for a celebration.
4. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(b) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(c) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
(d) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
5. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
(b) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(c) The French have surrendered.
(d) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
6. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(b) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(c) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(d) He is ready to marry Katherine.
7. Why does Katherine think Henry will mock her?
(a) She cannot speak English.
(b) She is not very attractive.
(c) She is young and naive.
(d) As payback for the way her brother treated him.
8. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(a) The third hour of the morning.
(d) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
9. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(a) A French soldier.
10. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(b) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(c) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(d) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
11. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
(b) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
(c) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(d) A break in the battle.
12. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
(a) Victuals for his men and horses?
(b) A gift of tennis balls?
(c) To for his ransom?
(d) France's finest men to fight?
13. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
(a) Food for worms.
(b) Fertilizing a future vineyard.
(c) Something is rotten in the state of France.
(d) Larding the plain.
14. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
(a) Their prowess as warriors.
(d) King Henry.
15. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(b) Stab themselves.
(c) Hang themselves.
(d) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
2. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
3. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
4. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
5. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)