|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
(a) Have a statue of himself made.
(b) Have a major street in London renamed for him.
(c) Declare a national holiday in his name.
(d) Ride in a parade with his battle-scarred helmet and sword.
2. To what ancient city does the chorus compare London as they welcome the return of their king?
3. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(b) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(c) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(d) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
4. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(b) To mask body odor.
(c) In honor of St. David's day.
(d) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
5. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
6. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(b) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(c) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
(d) Exchange well-known proverbs.
7. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(b) Smell each other's fear.
(c) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(d) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
8. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
(a) A formal apology from the Dauphin.
(b) Two-thirds of all France's tax revenues.
(d) The French king's crown and all his powers.
9. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Says that it makes no difference.
(b) Tries to run away.
(c) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(d) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
10. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
(b) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
(c) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(d) A break in the battle.
11. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
(a) Makes the greatest sound.
(b) Is easily broken.
(c) Appears the same as a full one.
(d) Is never filled.
12. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
(a) Not to worry because they will easily be able to take the French.
(b) He agrees that an attack now would certainly be a problem.
(c) That they are in God's hands, not the hands of the French.
(d) That the French are bluffing and will definitely not attack now.
13. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
(a) The end of the war.
(b) A hot meal.
(c) The break of day so the battle can begin.
(d) Returning to their mistresses.
14. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
(b) Their prowess as warriors.
(c) King Henry.
15. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
(a) The English will not present much of a challenge and they will not have enough blood to stain all their weapons.
(b) His favorite horse is injured and he will have to ride a different one.
(c) The English have proven they fight noblemen and commoners the same unmerciful way.
(d) The battle is too early and he has not yet had breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
2. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
3. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
4. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
5. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)