|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
(a) He began laughing hysterically even though he knew it was inappropriate.
(b) He screamed in anger.
(c) He swallowed hard, but refused to cry.
(d) He was moved to tears.
2. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(b) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
(c) Smell each other's fear.
(d) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
3. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
4. What suggestion from various lords does Henry refuse because he does not have the vanity or pride to do so?
(a) Have a major street in London renamed for him.
(b) Have a statue of himself made.
(c) Ride in a parade with his battle-scarred helmet and sword.
(d) Declare a national holiday in his name.
5. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
(a) That all griefs and quarrels will be changed to love.
(b) That Katherine will accept Henry's marriage proposal.
(c) That Henry will admit the war was a mistake.
(d) That they will take Henry captive and hold him for ransom.
6. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
(b) A centaur.
7. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(b) Forgotten eventually.
(c) His brother.
(d) As dead as he will be.
8. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(b) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(c) Duty to king and country.
(d) A chance to travel and see the world.
9. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) A horse as good as Henry's.
(b) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) Ten thousand more English troops.
10. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
(b) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(c) The French have surrendered.
(d) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
11. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
(b) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
(c) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
(d) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
12. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) Exeter had declared as much.
(b) His brave words at the bridge.
(c) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(d) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
13. Why does Katherine think Henry will mock her?
(a) She is young and naive.
(b) As payback for the way her brother treated him.
(c) She cannot speak English.
(d) She is not very attractive.
14. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
(a) Fertilizing a future vineyard.
(b) Food for worms.
(c) Something is rotten in the state of France.
(d) Larding the plain.
15. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
(a) Two hundred crowns.
(b) Thirty pieces of silver.
(c) Seven hundred francs.
(d) Two hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
2. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
3. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
4. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
5. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)