|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
(b) Prepare for the next battle.
(c) Go to Calais, then return to England.
(d) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
2. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
(a) Fill it with coins and give it back to Williams.
(b) Send it to Williams' widow.
(c) Give it to a glove maker so a mate can be made for it.
(d) Make sure Williams is buried with it.
3. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(b) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(c) The third hour of the morning.
4. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
(a) The English will not present much of a challenge and they will not have enough blood to stain all their weapons.
(b) The battle is too early and he has not yet had breakfast.
(c) The English have proven they fight noblemen and commoners the same unmerciful way.
(d) His favorite horse is injured and he will have to ride a different one.
5. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(a) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(c) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
(d) No one.
6. Why does Katherine think Henry will mock her?
(a) She is young and naive.
(b) She cannot speak English.
(c) She is not very attractive.
(d) As payback for the way her brother treated him.
7. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(d) A French soldier.
8. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
(a) He forgot it was still there.
(b) He does not have a pocket to put it in.
(c) To annoy Pistol.
(d) He is trying to start a new fashion trend.
9. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
(a) Three days.
10. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
11. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(b) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(c) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(d) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
12. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
13. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) A woman's voice may do some good.
(b) Women have no place in affairs of state.
(c) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
(d) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
14. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
(a) Soldiers are being reunited with their families.
(b) Soldiers are basking in the sun before returning home.
(c) English ships are running aground because of a storm.
(d) Crabs and other seafood are being collected for a celebration.
15. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Covet gold.
(b) Kill one's enemies.
(c) Covet honor.
(d) Betray a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
2. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
3. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
4. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
5. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)