|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Treat his injury.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Act as interpreter.
(d) Move his body.
2. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
3. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
(a) He spends too much time associating with common soldiers.
(b) He is getting drunk before the battle.
(c) He has not studied classical warfare.
(d) He is speaking too loudly.
4. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
(a) Their prowess as warriors.
(b) King Henry.
5. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(b) The French have surrendered.
(c) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
(d) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
6. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
(a) Williams says he will accept Fluellen's money if that will make him happy.
(b) Exeter tells them to go settle the matter with swords.
(c) Henry demands that they be quiet.
(d) A herald arrives with the battle's death count.
7. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The Constable.
8. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(b) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(c) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(d) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
9. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(b) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(c) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(d) He is ready to marry Katherine.
10. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
(b) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
(c) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(d) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
11. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(a) The Dauphin.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Constable.
12. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
(a) Return to the army and help defend the border with Scotland.
(b) Become a thief.
(c) Find another woman to support him.
(d) Go work on a farm.
13. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Say he is sorry for insulting his Welsh heritage.
(c) Admit that he abandoned his post during the battle.
(d) Eat a leek.
14. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
15. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Go to Calais, then return to England.
(b) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
(c) Prepare for the next battle.
(d) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
2. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
3. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
4. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
5. Why does Erpingham say sleeping on the ground is better for him than having a soft pillow for his head?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)