|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(b) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(c) Duty to king and country.
(d) A chance to travel and see the world.
2. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
3. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) The French army.
(c) The devil.
(d) No one.
4. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(b) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(c) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(d) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
5. To what ancient city does the chorus compare London as they welcome the return of their king?
6. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A fort.
(b) A pier.
(c) A city wall.
(d) A bridge.
7. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
(b) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
(c) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(d) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
8. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(b) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
(c) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(d) No one.
9. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
(b) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
(c) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
(d) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
10. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(b) The third hour of the morning.
(c) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
11. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(c) The boy.
12. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
13. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
14. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) In honor of St. David's day.
(b) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(c) To mask body odor.
(d) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
15. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
(a) Loyal subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
2. What had Gower observed Pistol doing that he finally chastises him for after Fluellen beats him up?
3. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
4. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
5. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)