|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
(b) Their king.
(c) No one.
(d) Seeing us (the French) die.
2. According to Exeter, French troops outnumber the English at Agincourt by what ratio?
(a) Five to one.
(b) Two to one.
(c) Ten to one.
(d) Fifteen to one.
3. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Prepare for the next battle.
(b) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
(c) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
(d) Go to Calais, then return to England.
4. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
(b) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(c) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
(d) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
5. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
(a) He began laughing hysterically even though he knew it was inappropriate.
(b) He was moved to tears.
(c) He screamed in anger.
(d) He swallowed hard, but refused to cry.
6. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
(c) A centaur.
7. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(b) Says that it makes no difference.
(c) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(d) Tries to run away.
8. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
(a) Ten thousand more English troops.
(b) That Henry would ransom himself so the rest of them go home.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) A horse as good as Henry's.
9. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(c) South Hampton.
10. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
(b) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
(c) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
(d) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
11. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
(b) St. Patrick.
(d) St. George.
12. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
(a) They were all orphans, so none will be missed.
(b) It goes against the law of arms.
(c) It is what happens when you leave a boy to do a man's job.
(d) That the boys should have been armed and taught to defend themselves.
13. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
(b) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(c) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
(d) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
14. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Half way to Rouen.
(b) A day's march away.
(c) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(d) Still in Calais.
15. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
(a) Go work on a farm.
(b) Find another woman to support him.
(c) Return to the army and help defend the border with Scotland.
(d) Become a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
2. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
3. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
4. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
5. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)