|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Exeter, French troops outnumber the English at Agincourt by what ratio?
(a) Ten to one.
(b) Fifteen to one.
(c) Two to one.
(d) Five to one.
2. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Constable.
(b) The Dauphin.
3. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Act as interpreter.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Move his body.
(d) Treat his injury.
4. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(c) South Hampton.
5. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Hang themselves.
(b) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(c) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(d) Stab themselves.
6. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) A break in the battle.
(b) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
(c) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(d) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
7. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
(b) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(c) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
(d) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
8. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A fort.
(b) A city wall.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A pier.
9. To what ancient city does the chorus compare London as they welcome the return of their king?
10. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
(a) He has come to France.
(b) The Dauphin sent him tennis balls.
(c) The battle of Harfleur.
(d) Montjoy came to propose that he ransom himself.
11. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
(a) Harry le Roy.
(b) Jay Zu Creest.
(d) Signieur Dew.
12. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) A fireworks display.
(b) Four or five actors with foils.
(c) A painting of a battle scene.
(d) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
13. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
(b) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
(c) Go to Calais, then return to England.
(d) Prepare for the next battle.
14. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(d) A French soldier.
15. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
(a) He has not studied classical warfare.
(b) He is getting drunk before the battle.
(c) He is speaking too loudly.
(d) He spends too much time associating with common soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
2. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Williams' glove?
3. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
4. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
5. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)