|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
(a) St. Patrick.
(c) St. George.
2. What does Henry hope that his and Katherine's potential future son will do?
(a) Marry a French woman as beautiful as his mother.
(b) Have a peaceful reign free of wars.
(c) Add Scotland and Ireland to the English empire.
(d) Go to Constantinople to fight the Turks.
3. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(a) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(b) No one.
(d) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
4. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(b) Half way to Rouen.
(c) A day's march away.
(d) Still in Calais.
5. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
(a) He agrees that Henry would not permit such a thing to happen.
(b) Only because it is not the way of the French to hold men for ransom.
(c) That he may indeed be ransomed but they would not know the difference once their throats had been cut.
(d) The English would never be willing to pay a ransom, even for Henry.
6. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
(b) The River.
7. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(b) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(c) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
(d) Smell each other's fear.
8. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
(a) English ships are running aground because of a storm.
(b) Soldiers are being reunited with their families.
(c) Soldiers are basking in the sun before returning home.
(d) Crabs and other seafood are being collected for a celebration.
9. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The King of France.
(d) The Constable.
10. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
(a) Loyal subjects.
11. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
(a) Send the English food and fresh suits of armor.
(b) Strike their swords on rocks to dull them.
(c) Leave the horses and face the English on foot.
(d) Send only sick and injured soldiers to fight.
12. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) In honor of St. David's day.
(b) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
(c) To mask body odor.
(d) To celebrate the leek harvest.
13. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
14. What does Pistol say has happened to Doll (Nell) that suggests she may have been unfaithful to him?
(a) She has mysteriously obtained a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry.
(b) She died of a sexually-transmitted disease.
(c) She has filed for divorce and another man is living in her house.
(d) She gave birth to a baby ten months after he left.
15. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry have to return to France?
2. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
3. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
4. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
5. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)