|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A pier.
(b) A fort.
(c) A city wall.
(d) A bridge.
2. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
(a) A formal apology from the Dauphin.
(b) Two-thirds of all France's tax revenues.
(d) The French king's crown and all his powers.
3. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
(a) A woman's voice may do some good.
(b) Women have no place in affairs of state.
(c) She will go, but knows that no one will bother to listen to her opinion.
(d) She would rather stay and make sure Henry is not left alone with Katherine.
4. Who does Gower suspect had murdered the boys and stolen and burned the king's possessions?
(a) Escaped criminals from a nearby prison.
(b) Soldiers who had run from the battle.
(c) The king himself in order to arouse the rage of his own soldiers against the French.
(d) French soldiers.
5. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
(a) Appears the same as a full one.
(b) Is easily broken.
(c) Is never filled.
(d) Makes the greatest sound.
6. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(b) The devil.
(c) No one.
(d) The French army.
7. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
(a) Montjoy came to propose that he ransom himself.
(b) The Dauphin sent him tennis balls.
(c) He has come to France.
(d) The battle of Harfleur.
8. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Says that it makes no difference.
(b) Tries to run away.
(c) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(d) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
9. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Duty to king and country.
(b) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(c) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(d) A chance to travel and see the world.
10. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
11. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
12. What does Orleans say has been lost?
(a) His son (mon fils) and his brother (mon frère).
(b) The day (le jour) and all (tout).
(c) The war (la guerre).
(d) His horse (mon cheval).
13. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
14. According to Exeter, French troops outnumber the English at Agincourt by what ratio?
(a) Ten to one.
(b) Two to one.
(c) Fifteen to one.
(d) Five to one.
15. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
(b) He is ready to marry Katherine.
(c) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(d) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
2. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
3. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
4. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
5. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)