|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
(a) An extra sword.
(b) A banner from a trumpet.
(c) Ropes to tie up all the prisoners he will capture.
(d) Some food to give the starving Englishmen.
2. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
(b) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
(c) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
(d) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
3. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
(a) The Queen of Sheepah.
(b) Alexander the Pig.
(c) Julius Cheeser.
(d) Attila the Nun.
4. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
(a) The English will not present much of a challenge and they will not have enough blood to stain all their weapons.
(b) The battle is too early and he has not yet had breakfast.
(c) The English have proven they fight noblemen and commoners the same unmerciful way.
(d) His favorite horse is injured and he will have to ride a different one.
5. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Kill one's enemies.
(b) Covet gold.
(c) Covet honor.
(d) Betray a friend.
6. Fluellen tells Pistol that if he owes him anything, he will pay him in __________.
(a) Three days.
7. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
(d) The River.
8. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(c) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(d) The third hour of the morning.
9. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
(a) Fertilizing a future vineyard.
(b) Larding the plain.
(c) Food for worms.
(d) Something is rotten in the state of France.
10. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Duty to king and country.
(b) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(c) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(d) A chance to travel and see the world.
11. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(a) A French soldier.
12. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
(a) Go work on a farm.
(b) Return to the army and help defend the border with Scotland.
(c) Become a thief.
(d) Find another woman to support him.
13. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
(a) That the boys should have been armed and taught to defend themselves.
(b) It is what happens when you leave a boy to do a man's job.
(c) It goes against the law of arms.
(d) They were all orphans, so none will be missed.
14. What does the chorus ask the audience to imagine is happening on the English beach?
(a) Soldiers are being reunited with their families.
(b) Soldiers are basking in the sun before returning home.
(c) Crabs and other seafood are being collected for a celebration.
(d) English ships are running aground because of a storm.
15. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
(a) Superior strategy.
(c) French arrogance.
(d) The loyalty of his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic are the Dauphin, the constable, and Orleans discussing when an argument breaks out?
2. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
3. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
4. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
5. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)