|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) A chance to travel and see the world.
(b) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(c) Duty to king and country.
(d) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
2. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
3. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(b) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
(c) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
(d) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
4. Why does Fluellen say he is still wearing a leek in his cap?
(a) He forgot it was still there.
(b) He does not have a pocket to put it in.
(c) He is trying to start a new fashion trend.
(d) To annoy Pistol.
5. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) Exeter had declared as much.
(b) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
(c) His brave words at the bridge.
(d) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
6. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Covet honor.
(b) Betray a friend.
(c) Covet gold.
(d) Kill one's enemies.
7. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Treat his injury.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Move his body.
(d) Act as interpreter.
8. What does Henry hope that his and Katherine's potential future son will do?
(a) Marry a French woman as beautiful as his mother.
(b) Go to Constantinople to fight the Turks.
(c) Have a peaceful reign free of wars.
(d) Add Scotland and Ireland to the English empire.
9. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
(a) Appears the same as a full one.
(b) Is never filled.
(c) Makes the greatest sound.
(d) Is easily broken.
10. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(b) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(c) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(d) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
11. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
(a) Superior strategy.
(b) French arrogance.
(d) The loyalty of his men.
12. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
(a) He is speaking too loudly.
(b) He has not studied classical warfare.
(c) He spends too much time associating with common soldiers.
(d) He is getting drunk before the battle.
13. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(b) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
(c) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(d) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
14. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
(a) Returning to their mistresses.
(b) The break of day so the battle can begin.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) The end of the war.
15. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
(a) Admit that he abandoned his post during the battle.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Eat a leek.
(d) Say he is sorry for insulting his Welsh heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
2. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
3. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
4. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
5. What does Orleans say has been lost?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)