|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(a) The Constable.
(b) The King of France.
(d) The Dauphin.
2. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(b) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
(c) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
(d) The French have surrendered.
3. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
4. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
(a) Say he is sorry for insulting his Welsh heritage.
(b) Eat a leek.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Admit that he abandoned his post during the battle.
5. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
(a) Makes the greatest sound.
(b) Is easily broken.
(c) Is never filled.
(d) Appears the same as a full one.
6. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Duty to king and country.
(b) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(c) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(d) A chance to travel and see the world.
7. According to the chorus, what is the name of the area Henry passes through on his way back to London?
(c) South Hampton.
8. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(b) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(d) The third hour of the morning.
9. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
(b) Jay Zu Creest.
(c) Harry le Roy.
(d) Signieur Dew.
10. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
(d) The River.
11. What does Henry hope that his and Katherine's potential future son will do?
(a) Marry a French woman as beautiful as his mother.
(b) Add Scotland and Ireland to the English empire.
(c) Go to Constantinople to fight the Turks.
(d) Have a peaceful reign free of wars.
12. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
(c) St. George.
(d) St. Patrick.
13. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
14. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
15. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
2. What does Pistol plan to do for a living now that he no longer has Nell to support him?
3. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
4. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
5. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)