|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
(a) That she is a good scholar.
(b) That Alice is intentionally teaching her incorrect pronunciation.
(c) That English is a barbaric language.
(d) That she will never be able to learn such a difficult language.
2. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(b) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(c) To make an example of them for other French cities.
(d) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
3. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
4. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) The game's afoot.
(b) Dishonor not your mother.
(c) Teach them how to war.
(d) On, to the breach.
5. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(b) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(c) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(d) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
6. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
(a) A lover of God and of his holy church.
(b) King of France.
(c) A victorious warrior.
(d) A merciful king.
7. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Digging mines.
(b) Breaching the city's walls.
(c) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(d) The set up of the cannons.
8. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Too much drink.
(d) An infected wound.
9. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
(a) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(b) The Arc de Triomphe.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
10. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) Edward the Black Prince.
(b) Edward Longshanks.
(c) William the Conqueror.
(d) King Arthur.
11. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
12. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(b) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(c) The perilous narrow ocean.
(d) The will of God.
13. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
14. The king of France tells the Dauphin to stay with them in __________.
15. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
2. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
3. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
4. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
5. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)