|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(a) The kingdom's safety.
(c) The saving of their own souls.
2. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
3. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
(a) Victory for the king.
(b) A fair wench.
(c) To have Falstaff alive again.
(d) A pot of ale and safety.
6. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(b) Hampton pier.
(d) The Straits of Dover.
7. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(b) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(c) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(d) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
8. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Three/one third.
(b) Two/one half.
(c) Four/one quarter.
(d) Ten/three tenths.
9. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
10. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(a) Race horses.
(d) Fighting dogs.
11. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(b) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
(c) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(d) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
12. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(b) Practice his sword fighting.
(c) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
(d) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
13. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Offer him a position at court.
(b) Execute him.
(c) Pardon him.
(d) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
14. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
(a) That English is a barbaric language.
(b) That she will never be able to learn such a difficult language.
(c) That she is a good scholar.
(d) That Alice is intentionally teaching her incorrect pronunciation.
15. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(c) Vampire bats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
2. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
3. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
4. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
5. What are "lavoltas" and "corantos"?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)