|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(a) The kingdom's safety.
(d) The saving of their own souls.
2. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
3. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The audience's good favor.
(b) The presence of the king.
(c) This history.
4. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
5. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(b) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(c) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(d) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
6. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Fingre and nails.
(b) Nick and sin.
(c) Foot and count.
(d) Arm and elbow.
7. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
8. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
9. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
(b) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(c) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(d) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
10. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) What will happen in the next scene.
(b) The actors.
(d) The story.
11. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(b) God have mercy because we will not!
(c) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
12. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(a) Fighting dogs.
(d) Race horses.
13. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
(a) A victorious warrior.
(b) King of France.
(c) A merciful king.
(d) A lover of God and of his holy church.
14. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(b) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(c) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(d) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
15. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
2. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
3. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
4. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
5. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)