|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Her lover.
(c) Their unborn child.
(d) Good fortune.
2. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
3. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
(a) Jamy is incompetent, but Macmorris is very knowledgeable.
(b) Macmorris is incompetent, but Jamy is very knowledgeable.
(c) Both men are knowledgeable and competent.
(d) Both men are ignorant and incompetent.
4. The constable states that if Henry cannot be fought off, then they should leave France and leave their "__________ to a barbarous people."
(a) Art museum.
5. To what ethnic heritage does Britaine refer to when he suggests the English are of illegitimate birth?
6. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(b) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(c) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(d) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
7. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(c) Vampire bats.
8. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Get ready for bed.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Practice their English on their visitors.
(d) Find a professional English teacher.
9. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(b) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
(c) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(d) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
10. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(a) Fighting dogs.
(d) Race horses.
11. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(b) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(c) Alice has been to England.
(d) Alice's mother is English.
12. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
(b) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
(c) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
(d) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
13. The king of France tells the Dauphin to stay with them in __________.
14. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(b) Wood from their own ships.
(c) English dead.
(d) French dead.
15. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) The temper of a woman.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) A strong stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
2. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
5. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)