|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(b) Vampire bats.
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(b) Throw a dinner party.
(c) Take them out drinking.
(d) Bestow them a breakfast.
3. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
(a) Alice says she knows a little.
(b) Alice confirms that she is fluent in English.
(c) Alice laughs and asks Katherine why she would think such a thing.
(d) Alice corrects Katherine and tells her it is German she speaks fluently, not English.
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
5. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
6. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
7. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
8. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(c) The Bonnie Prince.
9. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(b) This history.
(c) The presence of the king.
(d) The audience's good favor.
10. What are "lavoltas" and "corantos"?
(a) Spanish foods enjoyed by the French court.
(b) Types of dances.
(d) Ethnic slurs.
11. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
12. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Nick and sin.
(b) Arm and elbow.
(c) Fingre and nails.
(d) Foot and count.
13. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Four/one quarter.
(b) Three/one third.
(c) Two/one half.
(d) Ten/three tenths.
14. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(b) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
(c) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(d) God have mercy because we will not!
15. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
2. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
3. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
4. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
5. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)