|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
(a) That she will never be able to learn such a difficult language.
(b) That Alice is intentionally teaching her incorrect pronunciation.
(c) That she is a good scholar.
(d) That English is a barbaric language.
2. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
(a) Victory for the king.
(b) A fair wench.
(c) A pot of ale and safety.
(d) To have Falstaff alive again.
3. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice's mother is English.
(b) Alice has been to England.
(c) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(d) Alice had once been married to an English man.
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(b) Practice his sword fighting.
(c) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
(d) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
6. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(a) Race horses.
(c) Fighting dogs.
7. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) To make an example of them for other French cities.
(b) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(c) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(d) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
8. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
(b) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
(c) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
(d) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
9. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(d) Vampire bats.
10. In addition to not wanting to die, why does Nym not want to go up to the breach?
(a) He is against attacking innocent civilians.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) He would just get in the way.
(d) It is raining.
11. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(b) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(c) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
(d) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
12. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Fingre and nails.
(b) Nick and sin.
(c) Foot and count.
(d) Arm and elbow.
13. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He used to be more fun.
(b) We are blessed.
(c) It was a long time coming.
(d) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
14. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(c) An infected wound.
(d) Too much drink.
15. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Royal servants.
(b) The audience's thoughts.
(c) Stage hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
2. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
3. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
4. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
5. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)