|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
2. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
3. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
(a) Herod's slaughter of Jewish children.
(b) Joshua's attack on Jericho.
(c) The battle of Armageddon.
(d) Pharaoh's slaughter of Hebrew babies.
4. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(a) The Bonnie Prince.
5. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(b) Breaching the city's walls.
(c) The set up of the cannons.
(d) Digging mines.
6. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Arc de Triomphe.
7. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
8. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(b) Tennis balls.
(c) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(d) Left-handed golf clubs.
9. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) Edward Longshanks.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Edward the Black Prince.
(d) William the Conqueror.
10. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
(a) A merciful king.
(b) A victorious warrior.
(c) A lover of God and of his holy church.
(d) King of France.
11. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(b) Alice's mother is English.
(c) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(d) Alice has been to England.
12. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
(b) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(c) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
(d) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
13. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
(a) Macmorris is incompetent, but Jamy is very knowledgeable.
(b) Both men are ignorant and incompetent.
(c) Jamy is incompetent, but Macmorris is very knowledgeable.
(d) Both men are knowledgeable and competent.
14. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
(a) The willingness of Spain to stand as allies.
(b) The ability of French towns to withstand siege.
(c) The king of England.
(d) How much the people of France love and respect him.
15. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) A strong stomach.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) The temper of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
2. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
3. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
5. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)