|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
(a) Both men are ignorant and incompetent.
(b) Jamy is incompetent, but Macmorris is very knowledgeable.
(c) Macmorris is incompetent, but Jamy is very knowledgeable.
(d) Both men are knowledgeable and competent.
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Scots.
(d) The Irish.
3. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(a) Courses vain.
(c) Sot weed.
(d) Lusty wenches.
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(b) The Gorgon.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Hydra.
6. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
7. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
(b) Serve the king.
(c) Fear the king.
(d) Rot in the prison graveyard.
8. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(b) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(c) To make an example of them for other French cities.
(d) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
9. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
(a) A fair wench.
(b) To have Falstaff alive again.
(c) A pot of ale and safety.
(d) Victory for the king.
10. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(a) People of the past and their actions.
(b) The play.
(c) Each other.
11. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(b) Digging mines.
(c) The set up of the cannons.
(d) Breaching the city's walls.
12. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
(a) Joshua's attack on Jericho.
(b) Pharaoh's slaughter of Hebrew babies.
(c) Herod's slaughter of Jewish children.
(d) The battle of Armageddon.
13. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(d) The Bonnie Prince.
14. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(a) English dead.
(b) Wood from their own ships.
(d) French dead.
15. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
(b) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(c) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
(d) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
2. In addition to not wanting to die, why does Nym not want to go up to the breach?
3. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
4. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
5. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)