|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Montjoy's job?
(a) Army captain.
(c) Court jester.
(d) The Dauphin's personal assistant.
2. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
(b) Attila the Hun.
(c) Julius Caesar.
3. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
(a) That she pronounces the words as well as English natives.
(b) That she needs to pay closer attention to how the words are pronounced.
(c) Not to worry, because she can always hire interpreters.
(d) To stop wasting her time and stick with French.
4. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
(b) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(d) God have mercy because we will not!
5. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
(a) Victory for the king.
(b) A pot of ale and safety.
(c) A fair wench.
(d) To have Falstaff alive again.
6. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(a) The saving of their own souls.
(d) The kingdom's safety.
7. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
8. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(b) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(c) To make an example of them for other French cities.
(d) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
9. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
10. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
(b) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
(c) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
(d) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
11. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
(b) Fear the king.
(c) Rot in the prison graveyard.
(d) Serve the king.
12. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(b) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
(c) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(d) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
13. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) The will of God.
(b) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(d) The perilous narrow ocean.
14. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(b) Confiscate anything of value.
(c) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(d) Burn it to the ground.
15. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(d) The Arc de Triomphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
2. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
3. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
4. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
5. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)