|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
(b) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
(c) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
(d) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
4. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A short story.
(b) A pleasant evening.
(c) A sundial.
(d) An hour-glass.
5. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) The story.
(b) The actors.
(c) What will happen in the next scene.
6. The constable states that if Henry cannot be fought off, then they should leave France and leave their "__________ to a barbarous people."
(b) Art museum.
7. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
8. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(d) Mother Mary.
9. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(a) People of the past and their actions.
(b) Each other.
(d) The play.
10. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
11. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
(b) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(c) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(d) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
12. What are "lavoltas" and "corantos"?
(a) Ethnic slurs.
(b) Spanish foods enjoyed by the French court.
(c) Types of dances.
13. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Stage hands.
(b) Royal servants.
(c) The audience's thoughts.
14. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
15. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(b) The set up of the cannons.
(c) Breaching the city's walls.
(d) Digging mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. The king of France tells the Dauphin to stay with them in __________.
3. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
4. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
5. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)