|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(b) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(c) Alice's mother is English.
(d) Alice has been to England.
2. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) The perilous narrow ocean.
(b) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(c) The will of God.
3. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
4. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(b) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(c) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(d) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
5. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
6. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Throw a dinner party.
(c) Bestow them a breakfast.
(d) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
7. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He used to be more fun.
(b) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(c) It was a long time coming.
(d) We are blessed.
8. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) God have mercy because we will not!
(b) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(d) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
9. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(b) The set up of the cannons.
(c) Digging mines.
(d) Breaching the city's walls.
10. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(a) Each other.
(c) The play.
(d) People of the past and their actions.
11. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
(a) To have Falstaff alive again.
(b) Victory for the king.
(c) A fair wench.
(d) A pot of ale and safety.
12. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(a) French dead.
(b) Wood from their own ships.
(c) English dead.
13. To what ethnic heritage does Britaine refer to when he suggests the English are of illegitimate birth?
14. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) To make an example of them for other French cities.
(b) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(c) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(d) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
15. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Foot and count.
(b) Arm and elbow.
(c) Fingre and nails.
(d) Nick and sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
5. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)