|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
2. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
3. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
(a) To obtain provisions and material.
(b) To attack it.
(c) To spend the winter.
(d) To meet up with rebel French troops who support the English.
4. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(b) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(c) Left-handed golf clubs.
(d) Tennis balls.
5. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The presence of the king.
(b) This history.
(d) The audience's good favor.
6. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(d) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
7. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Bear baiting.
(b) A Whitsun morris-dance.
(c) Women in a bawdy house.
(d) Attending a play.
8. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(b) Offer him a position at court.
(c) Execute him.
(d) Pardon him.
9. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
10. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
11. What are "lavoltas" and "corantos"?
(a) Types of dances.
(c) Spanish foods enjoyed by the French court.
(d) Ethnic slurs.
12. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
(b) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(c) Practice his sword fighting.
(d) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
13. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(a) The Bonnie Prince.
14. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) In the suburbs of Paris.
(b) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the coastline.
15. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(b) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(c) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(d) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
2. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
3. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
4. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
5. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)