|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
(a) Macmorris is incompetent, but Jamy is very knowledgeable.
(b) Jamy is incompetent, but Macmorris is very knowledgeable.
(c) Both men are ignorant and incompetent.
(d) Both men are knowledgeable and competent.
2. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(b) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(c) Tennis balls.
(d) Left-handed golf clubs.
3. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(a) Race horses.
(c) Fighting dogs.
4. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
(b) Rot in the prison graveyard.
(c) Serve the king.
(d) Fear the king.
5. The king of France tells the Dauphin to stay with them in __________.
6. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(b) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(c) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(d) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
7. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
8. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Stage hands.
(c) The audience's thoughts.
(d) Royal servants.
9. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(d) The Bonnie Prince.
10. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
11. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Ten/three tenths.
(b) Four/one quarter.
(c) Two/one half.
(d) Three/one third.
12. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(b) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(c) Alice's mother is English.
(d) Alice has been to England.
13. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Practice his sword fighting.
(b) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(c) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
(d) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
14. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(b) Too much drink.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) An infected wound.
15. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(b) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(c) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(d) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
2. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
3. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
5. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)