|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(b) Lusty wenches.
(c) Sot weed.
(d) Courses vain.
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
4. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
5. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
6. In addition to not wanting to die, why does Nym not want to go up to the breach?
(a) He would just get in the way.
(b) It is raining.
(c) He is against attacking innocent civilians.
(d) It is too hot.
7. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(b) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
(c) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(d) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
8. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
9. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
10. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
(b) God have mercy because we will not!
(d) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
11. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
(a) To attack it.
(b) To spend the winter.
(c) To obtain provisions and material.
(d) To meet up with rebel French troops who support the English.
12. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(b) Burn it to the ground.
(c) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(d) Confiscate anything of value.
13. The constable states that if Henry cannot be fought off, then they should leave France and leave their "__________ to a barbarous people."
(d) Art museum.
14. To what ethnic heritage does Britaine refer to when he suggests the English are of illegitimate birth?
15. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
2. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
3. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
4. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)