|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(d) Mother Mary.
2. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(a) Wood from their own ships.
(b) English dead.
(c) French dead.
3. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
(a) The king of England.
(b) How much the people of France love and respect him.
(c) The ability of French towns to withstand siege.
(d) The willingness of Spain to stand as allies.
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are shaking in their fear.
(d) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
6. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(a) The saving of their own souls.
(c) The kingdom's safety.
7. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(a) Sir John Falstaff.
8. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
9. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(c) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(d) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
10. What is Montjoy's job?
(a) The Dauphin's personal assistant.
(b) Army captain.
(c) Court jester.
11. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
12. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The presence of the king.
(b) The audience's good favor.
(d) This history.
13. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
14. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A sundial.
(b) A short story.
(c) A pleasant evening.
(d) An hour-glass.
15. To what ethnic heritage does Britaine refer to when he suggests the English are of illegitimate birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
2. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
3. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
4. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
5. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)