|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Foot and count.
(b) Arm and elbow.
(c) Fingre and nails.
(d) Nick and sin.
3. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
4. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
(a) To have Falstaff alive again.
(b) A pot of ale and safety.
(c) A fair wench.
(d) Victory for the king.
5. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) What will happen in the next scene.
(b) The story.
(c) The actors.
6. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The presence of the king.
(b) This history.
(c) The audience's good favor.
7. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(b) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(c) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
(d) Half of the ships in the French navy.
8. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) His breathing stopped.
(b) He was unresponsive.
(c) His body felt cold.
(d) He turned blue.
9. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Scots.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Spanish.
10. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) A strong stomach.
(c) The temper of a woman.
(d) An even smaller brain.
11. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
12. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
13. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(b) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(c) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(d) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
14. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(b) Wood from their own ships.
(c) English dead.
(d) French dead.
15. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(b) The Hydra.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Gorgon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
2. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
3. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
4. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
5. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)