|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
(b) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
(c) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
(d) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
2. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
(a) That English is a barbaric language.
(b) That she will never be able to learn such a difficult language.
(c) That she is a good scholar.
(d) That Alice is intentionally teaching her incorrect pronunciation.
3. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(d) Sir John Falstaff.
4. What does Montjoy request of Henry on behalf of France after the battle of Agincourt?
(a) A break in the battle.
(b) The return of French prisoners not knowing they are already dead.
(c) Renegotiation of Henry's surrender and ransom.
(d) That they may collect their dead, sort them by class, and bury them.
5. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Tries to run away.
(b) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(c) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(d) Says that it makes no difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
3. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
4. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
5. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)