|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A strong stomach.
(b) The temper of a woman.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) A mighty heart.
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
3. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Duty to king and country.
(b) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(c) A chance to travel and see the world.
(d) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
4. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Still in Calais.
(b) Half way to Rouen.
(c) A day's march away.
(d) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
5. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(c) Vampire bats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. In what country, other than France, does the chorus mention that trouble is brewing for England after Henry returns from the war?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
5. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)