|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(b) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(c) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(d) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
2. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Hang themselves.
(b) Stab themselves.
(c) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(d) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
3. What is the name of the river the king of France believes Henry and his army have passed?
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) The temper of a woman.
(b) A strong stomach.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) A mighty heart.
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Three/one third.
(b) Ten/three tenths.
(c) Two/one half.
(d) Four/one quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
2. What does Queen Isabel say she hopes will happen as a result of the meeting between the French royal court and King Henry?
3. What does Orleans say has been lost?
4. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
5. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)