|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fluellen force Pistol to do or he will continue to beat him?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Admit that he abandoned his post during the battle.
(c) Eat a leek.
(d) Say he is sorry for insulting his Welsh heritage.
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
3. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(b) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(c) Alice's mother is English.
(d) Alice has been to England.
4. Why does Henry have to return to France?
(a) The Emperor of Rome cannot negotiate peace.
(b) The citizens of France want to overthrow the monarchy.
(c) He is ready to marry Katherine.
(d) He needs to discuss affairs of state with the Dauphin, who is too ill to travel.
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A sweatshop.
(b) A home for unwed mothers.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the boy say he would give all his fame?
2. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
3. What is Queen Isabel's response when Henry asks if she will accompany the French king and the English representatives to the negotiations?
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
5. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)