|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) The game's afoot.
(b) On, to the breach.
(c) Teach them how to war.
(d) Dishonor not your mother.
2. What is the "capital demand" in the articles of peace that Henry mentions to Queen Isabel?
(b) A formal apology from the Dauphin.
(c) The French king's crown and all his powers.
(d) Two-thirds of all France's tax revenues.
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) His breathing stopped.
(b) His body felt cold.
(c) He was unresponsive.
(d) He turned blue.
4. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A convent.
5. Why does Erpingham say sleeping on the ground is better for him than having a soft pillow for his head?
(a) Only Frenchmen use pillows.
(b) Because he can say he is sleeping like a king.
(c) Sleeping on the hard ground is good for his back.
(d) Pillows make him sneeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
3. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
4. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)