|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(b) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
(c) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(d) Half of the ships in the French navy.
3. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
(b) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(c) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(d) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
4. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(b) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(c) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(d) To make an example of them for other French cities.
5. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(b) Alice's mother is English.
(c) Alice has been to England.
(d) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
2. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
3. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
4. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
5. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)