|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
(a) He believes God is on their side.
(b) The English will be too hungry to fight.
(c) The English have been weakened by an outbreak of pox.
(d) They outnumber the English.
2. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Practice their English on their visitors.
(b) Get ready for bed.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Find a professional English teacher.
3. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
4. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
(a) Two hundred pounds.
(b) Thirty pieces of silver.
(c) Seven hundred francs.
(d) Two hundred crowns.
5. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) Teach them how to war.
(b) Dishonor not your mother.
(c) On, to the breach.
(d) The game's afoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
2. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
3. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
4. What is the constable's chief lament as the French nobles prepare for battle?
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)