|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(b) In honor of St. David's day.
(c) To mask body odor.
(d) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Scots.
(d) The Spanish.
3. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A sundial.
(b) A short story.
(c) A pleasant evening.
(d) An hour-glass.
4. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) His brother.
(b) As dead as he will be.
(c) Forgotten eventually.
(d) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(b) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(c) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(d) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
2. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
3. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
4. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
5. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)