|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A fort.
(b) A pier.
(c) A city wall.
(d) A bridge.
2. Where does the messenger say the English are when he reports to the constable?
(a) Still in Calais.
(b) Within fifteen hundred paces of the constable's tent.
(c) Half way to Rouen.
(d) A day's march away.
3. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(b) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
(c) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(d) Smell each other's fear.
4. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
(a) France's finest men to fight?
(b) A gift of tennis balls?
(c) Victuals for his men and horses?
(d) To for his ransom?
5. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Find a professional English teacher.
(b) Get ready for bed.
(c) Practice their English on their visitors.
(d) Go to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
3. What does Fluellen say regarding the killing of the boys who had been guarding the luggage?
4. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
5. What amusing mispronunciation of a famous historical figure does Fluellen make when he is speaking with Gower?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)