|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(b) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(c) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(d) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
2. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
3. Which gruesome metaphor does Exeter use to describe the death of one of the English nobility who died at Agincourt?
(a) Fertilizing a future vineyard.
(b) Food for worms.
(c) Larding the plain.
(d) Something is rotten in the state of France.
4. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(b) God have mercy because we will not!
(c) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(d) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
5. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
(a) Stab themselves.
(b) Run away to a heathen land that knows not France.
(c) Disguise themselves as commoners.
(d) Hang themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
2. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
3. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
4. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
5. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)