|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
(a) The English have been weakened by an outbreak of pox.
(b) The English will be too hungry to fight.
(c) They outnumber the English.
(d) He believes God is on their side.
2. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
(a) The battle of Harfleur.
(b) Montjoy came to propose that he ransom himself.
(c) He has come to France.
(d) The Dauphin sent him tennis balls.
3. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(b) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
(c) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(d) Exchange well-known proverbs.
4. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Confiscate anything of value.
(b) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(c) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(d) Burn it to the ground.
5. Which of the following tool do the armorers use to close the rivets on the knights' armor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
2. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
3. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
4. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
5. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)