|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
2. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
(a) Pharaoh's slaughter of Hebrew babies.
(b) Herod's slaughter of Jewish children.
(c) The battle of Armageddon.
(d) Joshua's attack on Jericho.
3. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
4. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) His brother.
(b) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(c) Forgotten eventually.
(d) As dead as he will be.
5. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
(a) To stop wasting her time and stick with French.
(b) That she pronounces the words as well as English natives.
(c) That she needs to pay closer attention to how the words are pronounced.
(d) Not to worry, because she can always hire interpreters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Montjoy's job?
2. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
3. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
4. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
5. When Henry comes upon the scene of the murdered boys guarding the luggage, he says he has not been angry since . . .
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)