|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Montjoy's job?
(b) Court jester.
(c) Army captain.
(d) The Dauphin's personal assistant.
2. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Confiscate anything of value.
(b) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(c) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(d) Burn it to the ground.
3. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
(b) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
(c) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(d) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
4. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Covet gold.
(b) Covet honor.
(c) Kill one's enemies.
(d) Betray a friend.
5. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
(a) Victuals for his men and horses?
(b) France's finest men to fight?
(c) To for his ransom?
(d) A gift of tennis balls?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
2. The constable states that if Henry cannot be fought off, then they should leave France and leave their "__________ to a barbarous people."
3. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
5. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)