|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
(a) That she needs to pay closer attention to how the words are pronounced.
(b) To stop wasting her time and stick with French.
(c) That she pronounces the words as well as English natives.
(d) Not to worry, because she can always hire interpreters.
2. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
(a) He screamed in anger.
(b) He was moved to tears.
(c) He began laughing hysterically even though he knew it was inappropriate.
(d) He swallowed hard, but refused to cry.
3. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(b) Smell each other's fear.
(c) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(d) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
4. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
(a) Notice an approaching messenger and begin to speculate on what he will say.
(b) Exchange well-known proverbs.
(c) Call the Dauphin vulgar names.
(d) Begin to talk about other members of the French court who have exhibited the characteristic of valor.
5. Which for what reason does Fluellen say that Welshmen occasionally wear leeks in their hats?
(a) To celebrate the leek harvest.
(b) To mask body odor.
(c) In honor of St. David's day.
(d) Because the leek is the national symbol of Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
2. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
3. What are the characters in the French camp looking forward to in the pre-dawn hours before the battle of Agincourt?
4. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
5. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)