|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
(a) King of France.
(b) A victorious warrior.
(c) A merciful king.
(d) A lover of God and of his holy church.
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A bawdy house.
(b) A convent.
(c) A home for unwed mothers.
(d) A sweatshop.
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(c) Mother Mary.
4. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(a) The Bonnie Prince.
5. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
(a) To attack it.
(b) To obtain provisions and material.
(c) To meet up with rebel French troops who support the English.
(d) To spend the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandpre says that this Roman god appears to be bankrupt because of the English soldiers' haggard appearance:
2. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
3. Henry, who is in disguise, tells Williams and Bates that "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's _________ is his own."
4. What does the Dauphin suggest they do before the battle to make the fight fairer?
5. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)