|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) As dead as he will be.
(b) Forgotten eventually.
(c) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(d) His brother.
2. Why is the constable confident that they will be able to defeat the English?
(a) They outnumber the English.
(b) The English have been weakened by an outbreak of pox.
(c) He believes God is on their side.
(d) The English will be too hungry to fight.
3. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A short story.
(b) A sundial.
(c) An hour-glass.
(d) A pleasant evening.
4. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
(a) Sends a messenger to the French camp stating that this is their last chance to surrender.
(b) Sends a servant to find Williams and return his glove.
(c) Writes a letter of instructions in case he is captured or killed.
(d) Prays that his soldiers will be brave.
5. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
(a) Kill one's enemies.
(b) Betray a friend.
(c) Covet gold.
(d) Covet honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
2. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
4. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
5. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)