|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Burn it to the ground.
(b) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(c) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(d) Confiscate anything of value.
2. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
3. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(b) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(c) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
(d) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
4. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) In the suburbs of Paris.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) On the coastline.
(d) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
5. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) His brother.
(b) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(c) As dead as he will be.
(d) Forgotten eventually.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
3. What are "lavoltas" and "corantos"?
4. What does the constable say he will take as he rides to the battlefield?
5. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)