|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(b) As dead as he will be.
(c) Forgotten eventually.
(d) His brother.
2. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
(a) Alice confirms that she is fluent in English.
(b) Alice says she knows a little.
(c) Alice corrects Katherine and tells her it is German she speaks fluently, not English.
(d) Alice laughs and asks Katherine why she would think such a thing.
3. The constable says the English "have said their prayers, and they stay for __________."
(b) Their king.
(c) No one.
(d) Seeing us (the French) die.
4. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(c) The Straits of Dover.
(d) Hampton pier.
5. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(c) Mother Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
4. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
5. Henry states that if it is a sin to __________, then he is the most offending soul alive.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)