|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Four/one quarter.
(b) Two/one half.
(c) Ten/three tenths.
(d) Three/one third.
2. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
(a) Modest stillness and humility.
(b) Humble patience.
(c) Hard-favored rage.
(d) Fair nature.
3. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(b) Fighting dogs.
(c) Race horses.
4. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
(b) The boy.
5. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) On, to the breach.
(b) Teach them how to war.
(c) Dishonor not your mother.
(d) The game's afoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
3. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)