|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What absurd suggestion does the Dauphin make regarding the horses?
(a) Cut the horses' flesh and squirt the blood in the eyes of the English.
(b) Slaughter one of the horses and eat its flesh in order to gain its strength and courage.
(c) The horses are so well trained, that they can fight the battle without their riders.
(d) Use horse manure in place of cannon balls.
2. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
3. What is Montjoy's job?
(b) Court jester.
(c) Army captain.
(d) The Dauphin's personal assistant.
4. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Constable.
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. To which mythical creature does the Dauphin compare his horse?
3. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
4. What do the constable and Orleans begin to do after commenting on the Dauphin's valor (or lack thereof)?
5. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)