|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
3. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(b) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
(c) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(d) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
4. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(b) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(c) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(d) To make an example of them for other French cities.
5. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
2. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
3. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
4. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
5. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)