|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) Teach them how to war.
(b) Dishonor not your mother.
(c) The game's afoot.
(d) On, to the breach.
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(b) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(c) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(d) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
3. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
4. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) His body felt cold.
(b) He turned blue.
(c) His breathing stopped.
(d) He was unresponsive.
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Tennis balls.
(b) Left-handed golf clubs.
(c) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(d) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
3. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
5. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)