|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(b) Pardon him.
(c) Execute him.
(d) Offer him a position at court.
2. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) An infected wound.
(b) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) Too much drink.
3. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
4. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(b) Fighting dogs.
(c) Race horses.
5. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(b) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(c) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(d) To make an example of them for other French cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
2. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
3. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
4. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)