|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A bawdy house.
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A convent.
(d) A home for unwed mothers.
2. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
(a) That she needs to pay closer attention to how the words are pronounced.
(b) To stop wasting her time and stick with French.
(c) Not to worry, because she can always hire interpreters.
(d) That she pronounces the words as well as English natives.
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He was unresponsive.
(b) He turned blue.
(c) His breathing stopped.
(d) His body felt cold.
4. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
5. Which character calls Bardolph, Nym, and Pistol "dogs" and tells them to go up to the breach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
3. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
4. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
5. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)