|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(a) Old women.
(d) Privèd maidens.
2. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(b) The Gorgon.
(c) The Hydra.
(d) The Sphinx.
3. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
4. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(b) Mother Mary.
5. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(d) The Arc de Triomphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
2. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
3. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
4. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
5. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)