|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(b) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(c) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(d) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
2. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(c) Offer him a position at court.
(d) Pardon him.
3. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
(b) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(c) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
(d) Practice his sword fighting.
4. What military operation does Fluellen think is being done incorrectly?
(a) The set up of the cannons.
(b) Digging mines.
(c) Setting up a prisoner-of-war interment camp.
(d) Breaching the city's walls.
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(b) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(c) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(d) Peasants would riot in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
2. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
3. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)