|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(a) Lusty wenches.
(b) Courses vain.
(d) Sot weed.
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(b) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(c) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(d) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
4. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Royal servants.
(b) Stage hands.
(c) The audience's thoughts.
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(b) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
3. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)