|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(b) The saving of their own souls.
(d) The kingdom's safety.
3. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
(a) The ability of French towns to withstand siege.
(b) How much the people of France love and respect him.
(c) The king of England.
(d) The willingness of Spain to stand as allies.
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
(a) A letter from the Dauphin stating that it took very little to bribe them.
(b) An edict from the church.
(c) Their own counsel.
(d) Exeter's testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what account from the Christian Bible does Henry allude to when he foretells the suffering the people of Harfleur will experience if they do not surrender?
2. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
3. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
4. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
5. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)