|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
(a) Modest stillness and humility.
(b) Humble patience.
(c) Fair nature.
(d) Hard-favored rage.
2. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Women in a bawdy house.
(b) A Whitsun morris-dance.
(c) Bear baiting.
(d) Attending a play.
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) Edward Longshanks.
(b) William the Conqueror.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Edward the Black Prince.
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Arm and elbow.
(b) Foot and count.
(c) Nick and sin.
(d) Fingre and nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)