|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) Her lover.
(d) Their unborn child.
2. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
3. What is Fluellen's opinion of Captain Macmorris and Captain Jamy concerning military matters?
(a) Both men are ignorant and incompetent.
(b) Both men are knowledgeable and competent.
(c) Macmorris is incompetent, but Jamy is very knowledgeable.
(d) Jamy is incompetent, but Macmorris is very knowledgeable.
4. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
(a) An edict from the church.
(b) Exeter's testimony.
(c) A letter from the Dauphin stating that it took very little to bribe them.
(d) Their own counsel.
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Three/one third.
(b) Ten/three tenths.
(c) Four/one quarter.
(d) Two/one half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
4. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)