|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(b) The will of God.
(d) The perilous narrow ocean.
2. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Hydra.
(b) The Gorgon.
(d) The Sphinx.
3. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
4. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
5. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
(b) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
(c) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
(d) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
2. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
4. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
5. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)