|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(d) Peasants would riot in the streets.
3. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
4. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) The attack will continue and innocent civilians will be raped, tortured, and killed.
(b) They will blockade the town until they surrender or starve.
(c) Women and children will be allowed to leave, but all men will be executed.
(d) Henry will send a message to the king of France saying the governor put innocent citizens in harm's way to protect his political position.
5. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) The game's afoot.
(b) Dishonor not your mother.
(c) On, to the breach.
(d) Teach them how to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
3. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
4. In addition to not wanting to die, why does Nym not want to go up to the breach?
5. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)