|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
(a) Modest stillness and humility.
(b) Humble patience.
(c) Fair nature.
(d) Hard-favored rage.
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
3. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
4. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A convent.
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
(b) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(c) Confiscate anything of value.
(d) Burn it to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
3. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
4. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
5. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)