|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(b) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(c) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(d) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Bestow them a breakfast.
(b) Take them out drinking.
(c) Throw a dinner party.
(d) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(b) It was a long time coming.
(c) We are blessed.
(d) He used to be more fun.
4. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
5. What words from Henry's speech at Harfleur does Bardolph repeat to the others in his group?
(a) Dishonor not your mother.
(b) On, to the breach.
(c) The game's afoot.
(d) Teach them how to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
2. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
3. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
4. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
5. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)