|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(b) Tennis balls.
(c) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(d) Left-handed golf clubs.
2. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Their unborn child.
(c) Good fortune.
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A sweatshop.
(b) A home for unwed mothers.
(c) A convent.
(d) A bawdy house.
4. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
5. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
(a) Fighting dogs.
(d) Race horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
3. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
4. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
5. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)