|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Bear baiting.
(b) Women in a bawdy house.
(c) Attending a play.
(d) A Whitsun morris-dance.
3. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
(b) Rot in the prison graveyard.
(c) Serve the king.
(d) Fear the king.
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Two/one half.
(b) Three/one third.
(c) Four/one quarter.
(d) Ten/three tenths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
2. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
4. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
5. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)