|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
2. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(a) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
(c) God have mercy because we will not!
(d) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
3. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Pardon him.
(c) Offer him a position at court.
(d) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
4. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) In the suburbs of Paris.
(b) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the coastline.
5. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
3. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)