|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A strong stomach.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) The temper of a woman.
(d) An even smaller brain.
2. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) What will happen in the next scene.
(b) The actors.
(c) The story.
3. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
4. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) A Whitsun morris-dance.
(b) Attending a play.
(c) Bear baiting.
(d) Women in a bawdy house.
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A sweatshop.
(b) A bawdy house.
(c) A home for unwed mothers.
(d) A convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
2. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
5. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)