|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A strong stomach.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) The temper of a woman.
2. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
(a) How much the people of France love and respect him.
(b) The ability of French towns to withstand siege.
(c) The willingness of Spain to stand as allies.
(d) The king of England.
3. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
4. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(b) The saving of their own souls.
(d) The kingdom's safety.
5. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(b) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(c) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(d) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
2. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
3. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
4. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)