|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Gorgon.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Hydra.
2. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(c) Mother Mary.
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(b) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
(c) Practice his sword fighting.
(d) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
5. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Women in a bawdy house.
(b) Attending a play.
(c) Bear baiting.
(d) A Whitsun morris-dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
2. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
3. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
5. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)