|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) The actors.
(c) The story.
(d) What will happen in the next scene.
2. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(c) Pardon him.
(d) Offer him a position at court.
3. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(b) Their unborn child.
(c) Good fortune.
(d) Her lover.
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) A strong stomach.
(c) The temper of a woman.
(d) An even smaller brain.
5. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
4. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
5. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)