|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(a) The Bonnie Prince.
2. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
3. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
4. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Tennis balls.
(b) Left-handed golf clubs.
(c) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(d) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
5. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) The audience's thoughts.
(b) Royal servants.
(d) Stage hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)