|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
2. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He turned blue.
(b) His breathing stopped.
(c) He was unresponsive.
(d) His body felt cold.
3. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Serve the king.
(b) Fear the king.
(c) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
(d) Rot in the prison graveyard.
4. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) An infected wound.
(d) Too much drink.
5. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
3. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
5. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)