|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) An even smaller brain.
(b) The temper of a woman.
(c) A mighty heart.
(d) A strong stomach.
2. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(b) Sir John Falstaff.
3. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(b) Wood from their own ships.
(c) English dead.
(d) French dead.
4. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(c) Attila the Hun.
5. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(b) On the coastline.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the suburbs of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
2. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
3. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
4. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
5. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)