|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
(a) Exeter's testimony.
(b) An edict from the church.
(c) Their own counsel.
(d) A letter from the Dauphin stating that it took very little to bribe them.
2. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(b) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(c) The will of God.
(d) The perilous narrow ocean.
3. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
4. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)