|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Vikings.
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(c) Throw a dinner party.
(d) Bestow them a breakfast.
3. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
(b) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
(c) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(d) Practice his sword fighting.
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(b) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(d) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
5. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
3. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
4. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)