|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
2. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(a) Sir John Falstaff.
3. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) An even smaller brain.
(c) A strong stomach.
(d) The temper of a woman.
4. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) His body felt cold.
(b) He was unresponsive.
(c) He turned blue.
(d) His breathing stopped.
5. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Too much drink.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) An infected wound.
(d) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
3. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)