|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
2. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(b) The saving of their own souls.
(d) The kingdom's safety.
3. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
4. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(d) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
5. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) His breathing stopped.
(b) He turned blue.
(c) His body felt cold.
(d) He was unresponsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
2. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
3. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
5. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)