|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(c) An infected wound.
(d) Too much drink.
2. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Offer him a position at court.
(b) Pardon him.
(c) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(d) Execute him.
3. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(d) The Bonnie Prince.
4. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) The story.
(c) The actors.
(d) What will happen in the next scene.
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(b) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(c) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(d) King Henry needs to see them right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
4. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
5. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)