|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(d) King Henry needs to see them right away.
4. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(c) The Bonnie Prince.
5. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Scots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
2. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
3. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
4. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)