|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
2. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(a) People of the past and their actions.
(b) The play.
(c) Each other.
3. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(c) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(d) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
5. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(b) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(c) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(d) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
3. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
4. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
5. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)