|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Good fortune.
(d) Their unborn child.
3. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) The audience's thoughts.
(b) Stage hands.
(d) Royal servants.
4. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The presence of the king.
(c) This history.
(d) The audience's good favor.
5. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
(a) Exeter's testimony.
(b) An edict from the church.
(c) A letter from the Dauphin stating that it took very little to bribe them.
(d) Their own counsel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
2. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
3. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)