|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Hydra.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Gorgon.
2. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(b) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(c) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(d) King Henry needs to see them right away.
3. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
4. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(b) The play.
(c) Each other.
(d) People of the past and their actions.
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(b) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(c) Tennis balls.
(d) Left-handed golf clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
5. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)