|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
(a) Hate the king even more than they hated his father.
(b) Fear the king.
(c) Rot in the prison graveyard.
(d) Serve the king.
2. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He was unresponsive.
(b) His breathing stopped.
(c) He turned blue.
(d) His body felt cold.
4. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(c) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(d) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
3. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
4. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)