|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) An even smaller brain.
(c) The temper of a woman.
(d) A strong stomach.
3. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Scots.
(d) The Spanish.
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(a) Sot weed.
(b) Courses vain.
(d) Lusty wenches.
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A short story.
(b) An hour-glass.
(c) A sundial.
(d) A pleasant evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
2. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)