|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(d) Peasants would riot in the streets.
2. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(b) Tennis balls.
(c) Left-handed golf clubs.
(d) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A convent.
(b) A home for unwed mothers.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A sweatshop.
4. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(a) The kingdom's safety.
(c) The saving of their own souls.
5. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
4. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
5. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)