|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) The will of God.
(c) The perilous narrow ocean.
(d) A fortnight's journey by horse.
4. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(b) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(c) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(d) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
5. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(b) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(c) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(d) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
2. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
3. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
4. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)