|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(b) Offer him a position at court.
(c) Pardon him.
(d) Execute him.
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(b) The will of God.
(c) The perilous narrow ocean.
(d) A fortnight's journey by horse.
4. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(b) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
4. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)