|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
(a) Pardon him.
(b) Put him in the stocks in the town square.
(c) Execute him.
(d) Offer him a position at court.
3. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The presence of the king.
(b) The audience's good favor.
(c) This history.
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(b) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(b) They are shaking in their fear.
(c) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(d) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
3. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
4. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
5. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)