|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
2. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A sweatshop.
(b) A home for unwed mothers.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A convent.
4. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(b) The story.
(c) The actors.
(d) What will happen in the next scene.
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A pleasant evening.
(b) An hour-glass.
(c) A short story.
(d) A sundial.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
2. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
3. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)