|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(b) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
3. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(a) Each other.
(b) People of the past and their actions.
(d) The play.
4. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Vikings.
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Henry tell Exeter to do with the drunken man who had railed against him the day before?
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
3. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
4. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
5. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)