|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The audience's good favor.
(b) The presence of the king.
(d) This history.
2. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) The audience's thoughts.
(b) Stage hands.
(d) Royal servants.
3. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Too much drink.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(d) An infected wound.
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
5. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
2. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
3. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
4. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
5. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)