|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
(a) The audience's good favor.
(b) The presence of the king.
(c) This history.
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Ten/three tenths.
(b) Two/one half.
(c) Three/one third.
(d) Four/one quarter.
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(c) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(d) King Henry needs to see them right away.
4. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
(a) A letter from the Dauphin stating that it took very little to bribe them.
(b) Exeter's testimony.
(c) An edict from the church.
(d) Their own counsel.
5. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)