|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
3. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(d) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
4. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
5. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(c) The Bonnie Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
4. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
5. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)