|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
2. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) His breathing stopped.
(b) His body felt cold.
(c) He turned blue.
(d) He was unresponsive.
3. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(b) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
(c) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(d) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
4. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(d) The Bonnie Prince.
5. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
3. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)