|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Throw a dinner party.
(c) Bestow them a breakfast.
(d) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
2. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(a) Courses vain.
(b) Sot weed.
(c) Lusty wenches.
3. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
4. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(b) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(c) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(d) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
5. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(a) Mother Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
2. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
3. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
5. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)