|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) The perilous narrow ocean.
(c) The will of God.
(d) A fortnight's journey by horse.
3. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Left-handed golf clubs.
(b) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(c) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(d) Tennis balls.
4. To what end does Henry claim that Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop must be put to death?
(b) The kingdom's safety.
(c) The saving of their own souls.
5. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
2. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
4. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
5. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)