|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Too much drink.
(d) An infected wound.
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) Edward Longshanks.
(b) William the Conqueror.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Edward the Black Prince.
4. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
5. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(d) Sir John Falstaff.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
2. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
3. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
4. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)