|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are shaking in their fear.
(d) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Scots.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Spanish.
3. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) An infected wound.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(d) Too much drink.
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Four/one quarter.
(b) Three/one third.
(c) Two/one half.
(d) Ten/three tenths.
5. Henry tells Cambridge, Grey, and Scroop that mercy has been suppressed and killed for them. What caused this to happen?
(a) Exeter's testimony.
(b) An edict from the church.
(c) A letter from the Dauphin stating that it took very little to bribe them.
(d) Their own counsel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Thomas Grey tells King Henry that those who were his father's enemies now do what?
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
4. When referring to King Henry's confrontation with Scroop, Cambridge, and Grey, Bedford states, "his grace is __________ to trust these traitors."
5. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)