|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Bestow them a breakfast.
(c) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(d) Throw a dinner party.
3. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A strong stomach.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) The temper of a woman.
4. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
5. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) William the Conqueror.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Edward Longshanks.
(d) Edward the Black Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
2. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
3. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
5. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)