|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Vikings.
2. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
3. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Left-handed golf clubs.
(b) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(c) Tennis balls.
(d) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
4. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
5. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) It was a long time coming.
(b) He used to be more fun.
(c) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(d) We are blessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
2. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
3. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)