|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A convent.
(b) A bawdy house.
(c) A home for unwed mothers.
(d) A sweatshop.
2. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) It was a long time coming.
(b) We are blessed.
(c) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(d) He used to be more fun.
3. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
4. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Irish.
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Throw a dinner party.
(c) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(d) Bestow them a breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
2. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
5. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)