|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Stage hands.
(b) The audience's thoughts.
(d) Royal servants.
2. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Hydra.
(c) The Gorgon.
3. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
(a) Two/one half.
(b) Three/one third.
(c) Four/one quarter.
(d) Ten/three tenths.
5. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(b) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(c) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(d) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
2. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
3. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
4. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
5. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)