|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Scots.
(d) The Irish.
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) Edward Longshanks.
(c) Edward the Black Prince.
(d) William the Conqueror.
4. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
5. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
2. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
3. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)