|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A convent.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A sweatshop.
3. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Scots.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
5. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
3. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
4. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
5. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)