|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(b) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
(c) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(d) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
3. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) The temper of a woman.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) A strong stomach.
5. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) The audience's thoughts.
(b) Royal servants.
(c) Stage hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)