|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) Royal servants.
(b) The audience's thoughts.
(c) Stage hands.
2. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
(b) Each other.
(c) People of the past and their actions.
(d) The play.
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) Edward the Black Prince.
(b) William the Conqueror.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Edward Longshanks.
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(b) Sir John Falstaff.
5. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(a) The Bonnie Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus asks to be admitted to what?
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
5. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)