|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(a) Sot weed.
(c) Lusty wenches.
(d) Courses vain.
2. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(b) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(c) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(d) King Henry needs to see them right away.
3. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
4. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Too much drink.
(b) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) An infected wound.
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A bawdy house.
(b) A convent.
(c) A sweatshop.
(d) A home for unwed mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
2. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to divide England into __________ and have __________ go to fight France while the rest stays home to defend against invaders.
4. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
5. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)