|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A pleasant evening.
(b) A sundial.
(c) A short story.
(d) An hour-glass.
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) It was a long time coming.
(b) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(c) We are blessed.
(d) He used to be more fun.
4. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(c) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(d) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
5. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
Short Answer Questions
1. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
2. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)