|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(d) Peasants would riot in the streets.
2. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(b) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(c) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(d) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
3. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(a) The Bonnie Prince.
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. The chorus says the play will turn the "accomplishment of many years" into what?
(a) A short story.
(b) A sundial.
(c) An hour-glass.
(d) A pleasant evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
3. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
5. The chorus asks the audience "kindly to judge" what?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)