|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) William the Conqueror.
(b) Edward Longshanks.
(c) Edward the Black Prince.
(d) King Arthur.
3. In the Prologue, the chorus refers to King Henry by what nickname?
(b) The Bonnie Prince.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Bestow them a breakfast.
(b) Take them out drinking.
(c) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(d) Throw a dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
2. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
3. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
5. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)