|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are shaking in their fear.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Gorgon.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Hydra.
4. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Scots.
5. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
3. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)