|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus states, "Think, when we talk of _________, that you see them."
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A convent.
(d) A bawdy house.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(b) They are shaking in their fear.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
5. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
2. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
4. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
5. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)