|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) The perilous narrow ocean.
(b) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(c) The will of God.
2. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
(a) Exeter is his nephew and Westmoreland is his uncle.
(b) Exeter is his cousin and Westmoreland is his nephew.
(c) Exeter is his brother and Westmoreland is his son.
(d) Exeter is his uncle and Westmoreland is his cousin.
3. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(b) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(c) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(d) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
4. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
5. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
(a) Sot weed.
(c) Courses vain.
(d) Lusty wenches.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
3. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
5. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)