|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) An infected wound.
(b) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) Too much drink.
2. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(b) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(c) Left-handed golf clubs.
(d) Tennis balls.
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(b) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(c) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(b) The Gorgon.
(c) The Hydra.
(d) The Sphinx.
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(d) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
4. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
5. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)