|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Gorgon.
(d) The Hydra.
3. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(b) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(d) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(b) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(c) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(d) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
5. The "vasty fields" the chorus mentions are located in which country?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)