|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
3. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
4. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) The perilous narrow ocean.
(c) The will of God.
(d) A fortnight's journey by horse.
5. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(b) An infected wound.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) Too much drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
2. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
5. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)