|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(c) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(d) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
2. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
(a) The audience's thoughts.
(c) Stage hands.
(d) Royal servants.
3. What does the chorus says separates the "two mighty monarchies"?
(a) A fortnight's journey by horse.
(b) The perilous narrow ocean.
(c) The will of God.
4. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) The temper of a woman.
(c) A strong stomach.
(d) An even smaller brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
3. How are Exeter and Westmoreland related to King Henry?
4. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
5. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)