|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canterbury urges King Henry to look to his great uncle, who had once defeated the French, for strength. What is the name of Henry's great uncle?
(a) Edward Longshanks.
(b) Edward the Black Prince.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) William the Conqueror.
2. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
3. What term does the chorus NOT use to describe the stage?
4. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) We are blessed.
(b) He used to be more fun.
(c) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(d) It was a long time coming.
5. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
(a) What will happen in the next scene.
(b) The story.
(d) The actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
2. King Henry hesitates to go to war with France because he is afraid what group will seize the opportunity to invade?
3. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
4. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
5. What does the chorus say must "deck our kings"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)