|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(c) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
2. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He used to be more fun.
(b) It was a long time coming.
(c) We are blessed.
(d) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) A strong stomach.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) The temper of a woman.
5. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
(a) Left-handed golf clubs.
(b) Lacrosse sticks from the New World.
(c) A canoe with a hole in the bottom.
(d) Tennis balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canterbury tells King Henry that Salic is not part of France, but of _________.
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
4. The chorus invites the audience to "piece out" what with their thoughts?
5. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)