Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of muse does the chorus invoke?
2. In the Prologue, what term does the chorus use to describe King Henry?
3. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
4. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. King Henry states that he will be "No king of England" if he is not also what else?
(a) King of France.
(b) A lover of God and of his holy church.
(c) A merciful king.
(d) A victorious warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
2. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
3. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
4. What gift of athletic equipment, intended to be taken as an insult, does the Dauphin send King Henry?
5. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)