|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
(b) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(c) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(d) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
2. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
(b) Try to trick the French into thinking they are going to surrender.
(c) Regroup and charge once more.
(d) Tell every soldier to kill his prisoners.
3. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
(a) Forgotten eventually.
(b) Tended to by England's best surgeons.
(c) As dead as he will be.
(d) His brother.
4. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(b) The French have surrendered.
(c) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
(d) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
5. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(a) Old women.
(c) Privèd maidens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
2. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
4. What does Westmoreland wish for before the battle of Agincourt begins?
5. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)