|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(b) Old women.
(c) Privèd maidens.
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
3. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(b) On the coastline.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the suburbs of Paris.
4. After witnessing a poignant scene involving the deaths of two soldiers, what is Exeter's emotional response?
(a) He screamed in anger.
(b) He swallowed hard, but refused to cry.
(c) He began laughing hysterically even though he knew it was inappropriate.
(d) He was moved to tears.
5. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(b) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
(c) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(d) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
2. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
3. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
4. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
5. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)