|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) A chance to travel and see the world.
(b) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(c) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(d) Duty to king and country.
2. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(a) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
(b) A few sick and injured soldiers.
(d) No one.
3. What additional information does the boy give the French soldier regarding Pistol's acceptance of the bribe?
(a) That Pistol does not understand French currency and would have let him go for much less.
(b) It is against his oath to pardon any prisoner.
(c) That the boy has told Pistol that the amount is less than what the soldier has offered so he can get his cut.
(d) That if he surrenders himself to the king, the king will be merciful and he will not need to pay the bribe.
4. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(a) Privèd maidens.
(b) Old women.
5. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) It was a long time coming.
(b) He used to be more fun.
(c) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(d) We are blessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry had seen this duke fall in battle several times and covered in blood so he asks Exeter whether he might still be alive:
2. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
3. What puts an end to Williams' and Fluellen's argument over money?
4. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)