|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(b) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(c) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(d) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
2. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A city wall.
(b) A fort.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A pier.
3. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Throw a dinner party.
(b) Take them out drinking.
(c) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(d) Bestow them a breakfast.
4. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
(b) Attila the Hun.
(d) Julius Caesar.
5. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
(a) A French soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
2. What does Henry tell the governor will happen if Harfleur does not surrender?
3. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
4. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
5. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)