|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say is the meaning of the alarm that sounds as he and Exeter are speaking?
(a) The French have reinforced their scattered men.
(b) Reinforcements from England have finally arrived.
(c) All the English soldiers have died, been captured, or have run away.
(d) The French have surrendered.
2. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
3. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
4. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
(a) To meet up with rebel French troops who support the English.
(b) To attack it.
(c) To obtain provisions and material.
(d) To spend the winter.
5. What does Williams do when he discovers it is Henry who he had made quarrel with the night before the battle?
(a) Says that it makes no difference.
(b) States that he thought Henry was a commoner and begs for forgiveness.
(c) Insists that Henry has the wrong man.
(d) Tries to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
2. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
3. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
4. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
5. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)