|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
2. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Treat his injury.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Act as interpreter.
(d) Move his body.
3. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
(a) That she needs to pay closer attention to how the words are pronounced.
(b) To stop wasting her time and stick with French.
(c) Not to worry, because she can always hire interpreters.
(d) That she pronounces the words as well as English natives.
4. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(a) Locks of their own hair.
5. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
(a) Try to trick the French into thinking they are going to surrender.
(b) Tell every soldier to kill his prisoners.
(d) Regroup and charge once more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
2. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
3. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
4. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
5. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)