|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A city wall.
(b) A fort.
(c) A pier.
(d) A bridge.
2. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(b) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(c) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(d) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
3. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
(a) Fortify it against the French and be merciful to the people.
(b) Confiscate anything of value.
(c) Burn it to the ground.
(d) Force out all the residents and tell the troops to set up camp there.
4. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
(a) Loyal subjects.
5. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(c) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(d) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Henry give Exeter after the alarm sounds?
2. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
3. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
4. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
5. Who sends Montjoy to the English camp to request that Henry surrender and give himself over for ransom?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)