|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Throw a dinner party.
(b) Take them out drinking.
(c) Bestow them a breakfast.
(d) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
2. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(b) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(c) To make an example of them for other French cities.
(d) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
3. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(b) Alice has been to England.
(c) Alice's mother is English.
(d) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
4. According to the boy, who is left to guard the luggage after Pistol leaves?
(a) Some hirelings from a nearby village.
(b) No one.
(c) A few sick and injured soldiers.
5. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
(a) The loyalty of his men.
(b) French arrogance.
(c) Superior strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
2. Henry states that a man who sheds his blood with him in battle will be . . .
3. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
4. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
5. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)