|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
(a) Alice confirms that she is fluent in English.
(b) Alice laughs and asks Katherine why she would think such a thing.
(c) Alice says she knows a little.
(d) Alice corrects Katherine and tells her it is German she speaks fluently, not English.
2. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
3. What does the governor say was the Dauphin's response to his request for help in fighting the English?
(a) To hold fast because reinforcements are on their way.
(b) That the governor is lying because it would be impossible for the incompetent English to conquer a French town.
(c) That he is not yet ready to send adequate help.
(d) That Harfleur is not a strategic site and not worth defending.
4. What does Henry say he and his army will do after they bury their dead and perform some post-battle religious rituals?
(a) Celebrate their victory and recover from battle in the French countryside.
(b) Go to Paris to discuss the terms of the peace treaty.
(c) Prepare for the next battle.
(d) Go to Calais, then return to England.
5. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
(a) Locks of their own hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Williams' response to Henry (who is in disguise) when Henry says that the king would not be ransomed?
2. Who does Exeter say he had witnessed the Duke of York comforting on the battlefield as both men lay dying?
3. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
4. What does Henry do after Erpingham says the nobles are looking for him throughout the camp, but before he leaves with Gloucester?
5. What does Henry tell Exeter to do with Harfleur?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)