|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pistol ask the boy to help him do with the French soldier?
(a) Act as interpreter.
(b) Move his body.
(c) Tie him up.
(d) Treat his injury.
2. To whom or what does Henry credit with winning the battle while losing relatively few men?
(a) Superior strategy.
(c) The loyalty of his men.
(d) French arrogance.
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. Why does Henry say the soldiers will go to Calais?
(a) To meet up with rebel French troops who support the English.
(b) To obtain provisions and material.
(c) To attack it.
(d) To spend the winter.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are shaking in their fear.
(d) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the statement the boy makes after Pistol leaves with the French soldier, "The empty vessel . . ."
2. What does Pistol mistakenly think is the name of a French soldier?
3. What do Henry and Williams exchange as proof of their quarrel with each other?
4. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
5. Who does Williams strike when he sees him wearing his glove in his cap?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)