|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What justification does Henry give for his soldiers to wreak havoc if Harfleur does not surrender?
(a) To prove to the Dauphin that war is his favorite sport, not tennis.
(b) The soldiers will be so enraged that he will not be able to control them.
(c) This is what French soldiers would do if the situation were reversed.
(d) To make an example of them for other French cities.
2. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
(a) That they are in God's hands, not the hands of the French.
(b) That the French are bluffing and will definitely not attack now.
(c) Not to worry because they will easily be able to take the French.
(d) He agrees that an attack now would certainly be a problem.
3. What is Fluellen's complaint against Gower in the hours before the battle begins?
(a) He is speaking too loudly.
(b) He has not studied classical warfare.
(c) He is getting drunk before the battle.
(d) He spends too much time associating with common soldiers.
4. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
5. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(b) Good fortune.
(c) Their unborn child.
(d) Her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount that the French soldier offers Pistol to spare his life?
2. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
3. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
4. Henry notes that the day of the battle is the feast day of __________.
5. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)