|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(b) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(c) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(d) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
2. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Her lover.
(c) Their unborn child.
(d) Good fortune.
3. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
4. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(a) Old women.
(b) Privèd maidens.
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Gorgon.
(c) The Hydra.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
2. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
3. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
4. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
5. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)