|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
2. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(b) Vampire bats.
3. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(b) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(c) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(d) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
4. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(b) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(c) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
(d) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
3. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
5. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)