|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(b) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(c) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
(d) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
2. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(b) On the coastline.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the suburbs of Paris.
3. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
4. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He used to be more fun.
(b) It was a long time coming.
(c) We are blessed.
(d) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(d) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
3. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)