|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) The temper of a woman.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) A strong stomach.
(d) An even smaller brain.
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(c) Vampire bats.
4. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Their unborn child.
(b) Good fortune.
(d) Her lover.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(d) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
3. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
5. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)