|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
2. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A convent.
(b) A home for unwed mothers.
(c) A sweatshop.
(d) A bawdy house.
4. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
3. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
4. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
5. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)