|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) It was a long time coming.
(b) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(c) He used to be more fun.
(d) We are blessed.
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(b) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(c) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(d) King Henry needs to see them right away.
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(a) Sir John Falstaff.
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A bawdy house.
(b) A convent.
(c) A sweatshop.
(d) A home for unwed mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
2. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
3. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
4. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
5. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)