|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
2. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) We are blessed.
(b) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(c) It was a long time coming.
(d) He used to be more fun.
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He was unresponsive.
(b) His breathing stopped.
(c) His body felt cold.
(d) He turned blue.
4. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(b) The Straits of Dover.
(c) Hampton pier.
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
3. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
4. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
5. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)