|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) An even smaller brain.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) A strong stomach.
(d) The temper of a woman.
2. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(b) We are blessed.
(c) He used to be more fun.
(d) It was a long time coming.
4. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(b) Her lover.
(c) Their unborn child.
(d) Good fortune.
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(b) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
2. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
3. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
4. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)