|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
(a) Kill one of Nym's enemies.
(b) Pay him the money he owes him from betting.
(c) Write a letter to the king extolling Nym's virtues.
(d) Divorce Hostess Quickly so he can marry her as originally planned.
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(b) Mother Mary.
4. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(b) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(c) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(d) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(b) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(c) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(d) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
2. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
3. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
4. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
5. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)