|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(b) Hampton pier.
(d) The Straits of Dover.
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(b) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(c) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(d) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
3. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A bawdy house.
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A home for unwed mothers.
(d) A convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
2. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
3. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
4. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)