|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(c) Privèd maidens.
(d) Old women.
2. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(b) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(c) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
(d) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
3. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(b) It was a long time coming.
(c) He used to be more fun.
(d) We are blessed.
4. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(b) Mother Mary.
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A convent.
(c) A bawdy house.
(d) A sweatshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
4. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
5. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)