|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(b) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(c) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(d) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
2. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) In the suburbs of Paris.
(b) On the coastline.
(c) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(d) In the mountains.
3. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
(a) Vampire bats.
4. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
5. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(a) The Straits of Dover.
(b) Hampton pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
2. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
4. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
5. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)