|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Gorgon.
(c) The Hydra.
2. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(b) In the suburbs of Paris.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the coastline.
3. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
4. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(b) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) The temper of a woman.
(b) A mighty heart.
(c) An even smaller brain.
(d) A strong stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
4. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
5. What does Nym suggest Pistol can do to restore their friendship?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)