|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) An infected wound.
(b) Too much drink.
(c) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(d) A broken heart.
2. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(a) The Straits of Dover.
(d) Hampton pier.
3. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
4. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
5. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(b) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(c) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
2. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
3. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
4. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)