|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Hostess Quickly blame Sir John's illness?
(a) An infected wound.
(b) Getting caught in a rainstorm.
(c) Too much drink.
(d) A broken heart.
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
(a) A mighty heart.
(b) A strong stomach.
(c) The temper of a woman.
(d) An even smaller brain.
5. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
(a) Half of the ships in the French navy.
(b) Any land in the New World that had already been claimed for France.
(c) Some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
(d) Marriage of Katherine's younger sister to anyone Henry chooses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
2. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
4. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)