|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(b) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(c) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
(d) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(a) Mother Mary.
4. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
(a) His master is ill and he wants Pistol and Hostess to come immediately.
(b) King Henry needs to see them right away.
(c) French troops have launched a counter invasion and will be in London in a few hours.
(d) He has heard of an assassination plot against the king.
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Throw a dinner party.
(b) Bestow them a breakfast.
(c) Take them out drinking.
(d) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
2. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
5. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)