|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(b) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(c) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(d) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
3. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(b) In the suburbs of Paris.
(c) On the coastline.
(d) In the mountains.
4. What does Ely say regarding the transformation in King Henry?
(a) He now has a holier-than-thou attitude.
(b) It was a long time coming.
(c) We are blessed.
(d) He used to be more fun.
5. From where does the chorus ask the audience to imagine that the "well-appointed king" and his fleet embark?
(a) The Straits of Dover.
(c) Hampton pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
2. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
4. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
5. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)