|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
2. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A home for unwed mothers.
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A convent.
(d) A bawdy house.
3. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(b) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(c) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(d) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(c) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
5. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. What is the boy's urgent message that diverts Nym and Pistol from their duel?
4. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
5. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)