|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He was unresponsive.
(b) His breathing stopped.
(c) He turned blue.
(d) His body felt cold.
2. How do the English respond to the French's offer of marriage of Katherine to Henry and Katherine's dowry?
(a) Henry says he can find a wife in England, but he will accept the dowry.
(b) Henry says he will have to meet Katherine before making a decision.
(c) The offer is accepted and Henry sends ambassadors to Paris to negotiate a treaty.
(d) The offer is rejected and cannons begin firing on the town.
3. Based on the chorus' description, which best describes Harfleur's location?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On the coastline.
(c) On the border of France and the Netherlands.
(d) In the suburbs of Paris.
4. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(c) Mother Mary.
5. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
2. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
3. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
4. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)