|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character from classical mythology does the chorus say fans the streamers of the brave fleet?
2. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
(b) Old women.
(c) Privèd maidens.
3. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Take them out drinking.
(b) Bestow them a breakfast.
(c) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(d) Throw a dinner party.
4. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
5. To what creature from classical mythology does Canterbury compare Prince Henry's willfulness?
(a) The Gorgon.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Hydra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
2. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
3. Ely compares King Henry's development to the growth of what type of fruit?
4. What does Canterbury say Henry had once been addicted to?
5. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)