Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. Why does Ely think King Henry will prevent a certain bill from being passed that would take away half the church's land and money?
(a) The king is a true lover of the holy church.
(b) King Henry is a good friend of Canterbury and will do what he requests.
(c) Peasants would riot in the streets.
(d) The Queen Mother would be unhappy if the bill passed.
3. Hostess Quickly states that she "cannot lodge and board a dozen or fourteen gentlewomen" without it being thought she is running ___________.
(a) A sweatshop.
(b) A convent.
(c) A home for unwed mothers.
(d) A bawdy house.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are shaking in their fear.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
5. What does Bardolph say he will do to help Nym and Pistol become friends?
(a) Throw a dinner party.
(b) Take them out drinking.
(c) Give his own money to settle a gambling debt.
(d) Bestow them a breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus tells the audience that in the absence of the king and the army, England will be guarded by the following groups of people except for:
2. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
4. To whom is Hostess Nell Quickly married?
5. What is the dowry that the French offer King Henry along with the king's daughter Katherine?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)