|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(c) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(d) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
2. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Get ready for bed.
(b) Practice their English on their visitors.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Find a professional English teacher.
3. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
(b) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(d) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
5. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
(b) The River.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
2. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
3. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
4. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
5. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)