|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
(a) Alice confirms that she is fluent in English.
(b) Alice says she knows a little.
(c) Alice laughs and asks Katherine why she would think such a thing.
(d) Alice corrects Katherine and tells her it is German she speaks fluently, not English.
2. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Good fortune.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Their unborn child.
3. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(a) French dead.
(b) English dead.
(c) Wood from their own ships.
4. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are shaking in their fear.
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(c) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(d) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
2. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
3. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
4. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
5. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)