|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(b) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(c) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
2. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(b) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(c) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
(d) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
3. What is the battle cry Henry gives his men?
(b) God have mercy because we will not!
(c) Pour le Roi et pour la France!
(d) God for Harry, England, and Saint George!
4. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice has been to England.
(b) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(c) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(d) Alice's mother is English.
5. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
(a) Attila the Hun.
(c) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
2. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
3. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
4. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
5. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)