|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
2. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(a) Wood from their own ships.
(c) French dead.
(d) English dead.
3. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
(b) A painting of a battle scene.
(c) Four or five actors with foils.
(d) A fireworks display.
4. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
(a) Sir Thomas Grey of Northumberland.
(b) Richard Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Sir Thomas Erpingham.
(d) Henry Lord Scroop of Masham.
5. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are shaking in their fear.
(d) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
2. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
4. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
5. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)