|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
(c) Loyal subjects.
2. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Practice their English on their visitors.
(c) Find a professional English teacher.
(d) Get ready for bed.
3. The chorus says the two army camps are so close together they can do which of the following:
(a) Taste the food in their enemy's bowl.
(b) Accidentally wander into their enemy's tents.
(c) See each other's faces and almost hear each other's conversations.
(d) Smell each other's fear.
4. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
(a) That she will never be able to learn such a difficult language.
(b) That she is a good scholar.
(c) That English is a barbaric language.
(d) That Alice is intentionally teaching her incorrect pronunciation.
5. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He turned blue.
(b) His body felt cold.
(c) His breathing stopped.
(d) He was unresponsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hostess Quickly offers to bring her husband to what location?
2. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
3. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
4. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
5. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)