|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(b) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
(c) They are shaking in their fear.
(d) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
2. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice has been to England.
(b) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(c) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(d) Alice's mother is English.
3. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
4. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(a) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(c) The third hour of the morning.
5. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
4. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
5. To which ancient notable military leader does Henry compare the fathers of his men?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)