|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(c) The third hour of the morning.
(d) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
2. At the conclusion of the lesson, what does Katherine suggest they do next?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Find a professional English teacher.
(c) Get ready for bed.
(d) Practice their English on their visitors.
3. From which port city does the chorus say King Henry will sail to France?
4. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
(a) Humble patience.
(b) Hard-favored rage.
(c) Modest stillness and humility.
(d) Fair nature.
5. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Fingre and nails.
(b) Nick and sin.
(c) Foot and count.
(d) Arm and elbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
2. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
3. What does Alice tell Katherine when she pronounces "neck" as "nick" and "chin" as "sin"?
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)