|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words from Alice's lesson does Katherine consider too vulgar to speak before the gentlemen of France?
(a) Fingre and nails.
(b) Foot and count.
(c) Nick and sin.
(d) Arm and elbow.
2. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(b) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(c) The third hour of the morning.
3. What does the chorus, somewhat embarrassed, say will have to represent the battle on the stage?
(a) A painting of a battle scene.
(b) A fireworks display.
(c) Four or five actors with foils.
(d) Sound effects clashing swords and yelling men.
4. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
5. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
(a) Humble patience.
(b) Hard-favored rage.
(c) Modest stillness and humility.
(d) Fair nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
2. Who is NOT one of the "three corrupted men" the chorus says has conspired with France?
3. Which part of the body does the chorus mention when he says, "We'll not offend one __________ with our play"?
4. When they finished mourning Falstaff, Pistol urges his comrades to begin their journey to France and be like __________.
5. To what does Henry compare his men as they are eagerly awaiting battle?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)