|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
(a) Alice's mother is English.
(b) Alice had once been married to an English man.
(c) Alice's previous job had been working for an English family.
(d) Alice has been to England.
2. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
(a) Sometime between breakfast and lunch.
(c) The third hour of the morning.
3. How did Hostess Quickly determine that Falstaff was near death?
(a) He turned blue.
(b) He was unresponsive.
(c) His breathing stopped.
(d) His body felt cold.
4. What is Alice's response to Katherine's assertion that she (Alice) speaks English well?
(a) Alice confirms that she is fluent in English.
(b) Alice says she knows a little.
(c) Alice corrects Katherine and tells her it is German she speaks fluently, not English.
(d) Alice laughs and asks Katherine why she would think such a thing.
5. As Pistol bids his wife farewell, he tells her to let what appear?
(a) Their unborn child.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) Her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus asks the audience to imagine passing through the "foul womb of __________."
2. The chorus compares England's response to the war to a person with a "little body" and __________.
3. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
4. What color does Hostess Quickly say Falstaff did not like?
5. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)