|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Henry responds to the Dauphin's insulting gesture by declaring war, the chorus states that "all the youth of England are" in what state of mind and doing what?
(a) Angry that they will have to fight a war to satisfy the king's personal agenda and are protesting in the streets.
(b) On fire and preparing themselves for war.
(c) Aware that the war will soon bring an end to the good times and are making merry while they can.
(d) Afraid of being drafted and are going into hiding or leaving the country.
2. According to the chorus, what is the French response to the impending war?
(a) They are shaking in their fear.
(b) They are as eager to go to war as the English.
(c) They are confident that their diplomats will bring about a peaceful resolution.
(d) They are not worried because they know the Spanish will come to their aid.
3. Henry tells his army that "when the blast of war blows in our ears," to imitate the action of which animal?
4. Hostess Quickly believes that Sir John Falstaff is not in hell, but in the bosom of __________.
(b) Mother Mary.
5. King Henry implores his army that if they do not go unto the breach once more, then they should close up the walls of the city with what?
(a) Wood from their own ships.
(c) French dead.
(d) English dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the chorus say it is based upon the sounds coming from the crowing country cocks and the clocks?
2. Why does Katherine think Alice speaks English well?
3. What does Katherine think after she has learned two words in English?
4. Henry states that during peacetime, nothing is more becoming to a man than __________.
5. What is a term that Henry does NOT use when addressing the soldiers in the camp?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)