|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Women in a bawdy house.
(b) Bear baiting.
(c) Attending a play.
(d) A Whitsun morris-dance.
2. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The Constable.
3. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
(a) He had put himself in harm's way to rescue an injured comrade.
(b) Exeter had declared as much.
(c) His brave words at the bridge.
(d) The fighting skills he displayed at Harfleur.
4. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
5. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A fort.
(b) A pier.
(c) A city wall.
(d) A bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
2. What does Orleans say has been lost?
3. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
4. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
5. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)