|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(b) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(c) A chance to travel and see the world.
(d) Duty to king and country.
2. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Constable.
(c) The Dauphin.
3. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
(b) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(c) Practice his sword fighting.
(d) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
4. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
5. What does Orleans say has been lost?
(a) The day (le jour) and all (tout).
(b) His horse (mon cheval).
(c) His son (mon fils) and his brother (mon frère).
(d) The war (la guerre).
Short Answer Questions
1. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
2. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
3. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
4. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
5. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)