|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) A Whitsun morris-dance.
(b) Bear baiting.
(c) Women in a bawdy house.
(d) Attending a play.
2. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
(a) The devil.
(b) No one.
(d) The French army.
3. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
(b) A chance to travel and see the world.
(c) Duty to king and country.
(d) Combat pay and spoils of war.
4. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
(a) That the French are bluffing and will definitely not attack now.
(b) Not to worry because they will easily be able to take the French.
(c) He agrees that an attack now would certainly be a problem.
(d) That they are in God's hands, not the hands of the French.
5. The Dauphin claims that "__________ is not so vile a sin / As __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orleans say has been lost?
2. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
3. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
4. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
5. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)