|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The constable tells the Dauphin that he has a mistaken opinion regarding what?
(a) The willingness of Spain to stand as allies.
(b) How much the people of France love and respect him.
(c) The ability of French towns to withstand siege.
(d) The king of England.
2. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
(a) That the French are bluffing and will definitely not attack now.
(b) That they are in God's hands, not the hands of the French.
(c) He agrees that an attack now would certainly be a problem.
(d) Not to worry because they will easily be able to take the French.
3. What characteristic does the Constable say has spoiled them, but will now be their friend as they return to the battlefield?
4. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
(a) Combat pay and spoils of war.
(b) Duty to king and country.
(c) A chance to travel and see the world.
(d) So they can brag to others about their brave exploits once they return home.
5. Which character suggests that if they do not follow him back into battle to die with honor, they may as well allow a slave to have access to their daughters?
(a) The Dauphin.
(c) The Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose behalf does Pistol ask Fluellen to plead for mercy after this individual had been sentenced to death for robbing a church?
2. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
3. Fluellen states that the Duke of Exeter is as magnanimous as which famous ancient monarch?
4. Which famous Parisian landmark does Exeter say will "shake" because of the Dauphin's insulting gift to King Henry?
5. Finish Orleans' line, "Is this the king we sent . . . "
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)