|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategic structure does Fluellen say is being protected by the Duke of Exeter and Pistol?
(a) A city wall.
(b) A fort.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A pier.
2. What does Orleans say has been lost?
(a) The day (le jour) and all (tout).
(b) The war (la guerre).
(c) His horse (mon cheval).
(d) His son (mon fils) and his brother (mon frère).
3. Dauphin tells the French king that they should show no more fear of England than if that country were busy with __________.
(a) Bear baiting.
(b) Women in a bawdy house.
(c) A Whitsun morris-dance.
(d) Attending a play.
4. Referring to Henry, the constable tells the Dauphin that he will find these "forespent."
5. What does the king of France instruct the Dauphin to do?
(a) Try to flee the country before the English arrive.
(b) Practice his sword fighting.
(c) Send courageous men to certain towns to ready them for war.
(d) Continue in his daily affairs as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drastic action does the Dauphin propose rather than face the shame of losing the battle?
2. Who does Bourbon say will "take order now"?
3. What is Henry's response when Gloucester says he hopes the French will not attack now?
4. What does Gower say motivates men like Pistol to go to war?
5. What had led Fluellen into thinking that Pistol was a valiant warrior?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)