Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
2. Why does Douglas say he wants to murder the King's wardrobe?
3. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
4. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
5. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
Essay Topic 1
The second scene takes place in a tavern and is written in prose. How is this style of writing different? What is the effect of this on the feeling and tone of the scene? What does it allow Shakespeare to do?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What is the style of writing which Shakespeare uses in the first scene of the play? Using examples from the text show what pattern the writing takes. How many syllables/feet are in each line? What feeling does this type of writing give this scene?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)