|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Falstaff worried about while in the tavern without the Prince?
2. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
3. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
4. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
5. How does Douglas feel about Hotspur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hotspur and the Prince are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
In Act II, Scene 1, Shakespeare shows us a scene of common men, thieves, working people. Why does he do this? What is their language like? How does it compare to the language of the King and other noble leaders? What is the effect of this scene on the audience?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)