|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
2. Who does the Archbishop give letters to?
3. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
4. How much money has Falstaff made bribing good men out of going to war?
5. How long must Glendower wait before he can bring his army to Shrewbury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Prince gets involved in robbery and drinking. His father is very worried that this will prevent the Prince from someday being an effective monarch. What is the Prince's answer to this? What is his plan in terms of regaining his good name?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The second scene takes place in a tavern and is written in prose. How is this style of writing different? What is the effect of this on the feeling and tone of the scene? What does it allow Shakespeare to do?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)