|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has King Henry IV treated Hotspur's father, Northumberland?
2. What does Douglas mean when he says "like Hydra's heads"?
3. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
4. What is the family relationship between Hotspur and Vernon?
5. What does the Prince of Wales off the rebels in place of a full pitched battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The Prince gets involved in robbery and drinking. His father is very worried that this will prevent the Prince from someday being an effective monarch. What is the Prince's answer to this? What is his plan in terms of regaining his good name?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)