Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
2. Why does Douglas say he wants to murder the King's wardrobe?
3. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
4. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
5. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
Some scholars have written that in Richard II divine right to rule dies. Henry IV takes that right when he murders Richard II. They go on to say that in this play honor dies. Hotspur is the embodiment of honor. Discuss this and relate the death of honor to this overall theme and action of this play.
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Falstaff presents a strong criticism to the commonly held idea that honor is always good. Falstaff has little respect for honor, rather he will always choose life over being right. What quotes of Falstaff define this radical view of honor being simply a word? What are his actions in battle? Is he simply a comic buffoon or is there something more honest about his seeing that men are used as canon fodder?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)