Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
2. Why does Douglas say he wants to murder the King's wardrobe?
3. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
4. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
5. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Falstaff is one of Shakespeare's most famous characters. His popularity has not waned in the 500 years since he was first created. Much comedy, and indeed much of the low comedy in this play, does not translate well. Falstaff seems to barrel through time and he still makes us laugh and shake our heads. What is it about this character that is timeless? Use specific examples from the script that show this timeless comedy that Falstaff carries with him.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the protagonist of Henry IV, part 1? Make an argument that it is King Henry IV. What is the development of the King? Does he change in this play? Is there a shift of perception? Does he learn something important? Make an argument that it is Prince Hal. What is his development? What changes does the Prince go through? What do we learn about him from the scenes with Falstaff?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)