|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff say his army consists of?
2. What is Falstaff sent off to gather up?
3. What does the Archbishop fear a rebel defeat at Shrewsbury will mean for him personally?
4. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
5. What does the second messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Glendower presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
In Act II, Scene 1, Shakespeare shows us a scene of common men, thieves, working people. Why does he do this? What is their language like? How does it compare to the language of the King and other noble leaders? What is the effect of this scene on the audience?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)