|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff mock about the man who he asks to cheer him up?
2. How much time does Hotspur want to write his counter-offer?
3. What does the Archbishop fear a rebel defeat at Shrewsbury will mean for him personally?
4. What interrupts the argument when Hotspur wants to go to battle without waiting?
5. What does the person telling Hotspur about Lancaster say he heard the Prince compare himself to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Hotspur is matched with Prince Hal. In the actual history of these families Hotspur was much older than Prince Hal. Shakespeare made the choice to have them be the same age. What does this allow Shakespeare to reveal about the character of each? How does Hotspur's character define Prince Hal? What qualities does Prince Hal have that Hotspur does not, and vice versa?
Essay Topic 3
The Prince gets involved in robbery and drinking. His father is very worried that this will prevent the Prince from someday being an effective monarch. What is the Prince's answer to this? What is his plan in terms of regaining his good name?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)