|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas mean when he says "like Hydra's heads"?
2. Who asks Prince Henry to withdraw from battle?
3. Who pledges to kill the King in battle?
4. How long does Hotspur have to wait for Glendower's assistance?
5. What letters does Bardolph take from Prince Hal?
Essay Topic 1
This play was written to be performed on a bare stage. Find examples in the text that show how Shakespeare painted the scene in words. What visual imagery does he use to show us what is there? What verbal cues are there to tell the audience where the scene is taking place?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)