|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince say he made amends with is father?
2. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
3. Who does Falstaff blame for the sorry state of his soldiers?
4. Why does Falstaff say his men are good enough for battle?
5. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Hotspur is matched with Prince Hal. In the actual history of these families Hotspur was much older than Prince Hal. Shakespeare made the choice to have them be the same age. What does this allow Shakespeare to reveal about the character of each? How does Hotspur's character define Prince Hal? What qualities does Prince Hal have that Hotspur does not, and vice versa?
Essay Topic 3
The Prince endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)