Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
2. Why does Douglas say he wants to murder the King's wardrobe?
3. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
4. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
5. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
Essay Topic 1
What is the style of writing which Shakespeare uses in the first scene of the play? Using examples from the text show what pattern the writing takes. How many syllables/feet are in each line? What feeling does this type of writing give this scene?
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall history that this play is fitting in? Generally four of the history plays are put together, Richard II, Henry IV, part 1, Henry IV part 2, Henry V. Lay out the history of the forces which clashes through these years of English royal history. Who are the major families involved?
Essay Topic 3
In Shakespeare's time women could not act on stage and so he was limited in the number of female characters he could put into each play. There was probably a limited supply of male actors who could "pass" as women onstage. Describe the types of women that are in this play. How many are there? What is their function? Are they major or minor characters?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)