|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hotspur want the King to ransom when the offer is sent by the King?
2. Where do the ragged soldiers find shirts to wear?
3. What does Sir Walter Blunt bring from the King?
4. Who is to bring the counter-offer to the King?
5. What letters does Bardolph take from Prince Hal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What is the style of writing which Shakespeare uses in the first scene of the play? Using examples from the text show what pattern the writing takes. How many syllables/feet are in each line? What feeling does this type of writing give this scene?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)