|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the King, what time of day is it in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Why is Northumberland unable to assist Hotspur?
3. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
4. Why does Falstaff say his men are good enough for battle?
5. What biblical character does Falstaff use to describe his ragged soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Glendower presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Some scholars have written that in Richard II divine right to rule dies. Henry IV takes that right when he murders Richard II. They go on to say that in this play honor dies. Hotspur is the embodiment of honor. Discuss this and relate the death of honor to this overall theme and action of this play.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)