Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
2. Who is Lady Percy married to?
3. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
4. Who is the Vintner?
5. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hotspur and Douglas feel about each other when they meet at the rebel camp?
2. What does Lady Percy ask her husband when she first enters the stage?
3. What does Hotspur say when the offer from the King is read?
4. What does the Prince say in his soliloquy after Poins leaves his apartment?
5. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
6. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
7. What does Gadshill ask when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Who does the King compare he and his son to while scolding the Prince for his behavior?
9. What does Falstaff say to the Prince before he is hushed on the highway?
10. What does Hotspur say in response to Kate's question of whether he loves her?
Essay Topic 1
The Prince endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
This play was written to be performed on a bare stage. Find examples in the text that show how Shakespeare painted the scene in words. What visual imagery does he use to show us what is there? What verbal cues are there to tell the audience where the scene is taking place?
Essay Topic 3
Glendower presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)