|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
2. What is Moorditch?
3. What does the Prince want to be praised for after the war?
4. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
5. Where does the King say the next council will be held and when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blunt report to the King after he is done scolding the Prince?
2. What is Falstaff fretting about in the tavern when he is there without the Prince?
3. What does Falstaff say to the Prince before he is hushed on the highway?
4. Who is King Henry the Fourth?
5. What does the Prince offer to do instead of waging a full battle?
6. What does the King demand of Hotpsur when he allows him and his father to leave the conference?
7. What does Vernon say when he hears of the Prince's offer to single combat?
8. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
9. What is the actual plan for the robbery?
10. What are the carriers complaining about at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall history that this play is fitting in? Generally four of the history plays are put together, Richard II, Henry IV, part 1, Henry IV part 2, Henry V. Lay out the history of the forces which clashes through these years of English royal history. Who are the major families involved?
Essay Topic 3
Hotspur and the Prince are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 1,736 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)