|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff ask when he first enters the Prince's apartment?
2. What does Falstaff say the Prince has done to win Falstaff's love?
3. What angers the King most about Henry Percy?
4. What is Glendower's first name?
5. Who does the King order out of his sight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news does Vernon bring Hotspur, and how does Hotspur react to this news?
2. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
3. Why does Prince Hal say that he has Shirley, Stafford and Blunt in his arms as he fights Douglas?
4. What does Lady Percy ask her husband when she first enters the stage?
5. What is the King tired of at the beginning of the play, and what does he want to do to stop it?
6. How does Vernon describe the King's army and the Prince of Wales?
7. What does Vernon say to Hotspur about Prince Henry, and how does Hotspur respond to this?
8. What is the letter Hotspur is reading in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
10. Why are there a number of persons disguised as King Henry on the field of battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The King's offer of grace and pardon towards the rebels is rejected by the treacherous Worcester. Why does Worcester hide this from Hotspur? What is his agenda? Why is Hotspur so easy to manipulate?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)