|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Percy insisting her husband tell her?
2. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
3. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
4. Who does Richard II proclaim as next in line for the throne?
5. What does the King fear his son will do after scolding him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does the Chamberlain give Gadshill when he arrives at the inn?
2. What in Act III, scene1, are some of the details Shakespeare shares about Welsh culture?
3. What is the controversy over Falstaff's seal ring?
4. Why is the Hostess so upset when Falstaff asks her if she's found who picked his pocket?
5. What does Falstaff do when he stops pretending to be dead?
6. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role-play in order to prepare the Prince for his return to his father?
7. How did Falstaff enlist most of his soldiers?
8. How does the Chamberlain say Gadhill will die, and how does Gadshill respond to this?
9. What is the letter Hotspur reads in his castle about?
10. What does the Prince do when Falstaff falls asleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,783 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)