|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of a carrier?
2. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
3. What does Poins do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
4. What does Francis call out every time Poins calls for him?
5. Where are the travelers taking the money to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hotspur say when the offer from the King is read?
2. What does the Prince say in his soliloquy after Poins leaves his apartment?
3. Does Prince Hal want to regain his father's good graces?
4. What is Hotspur's answer to the King's offer of pardon?
5. When the Hostess, Mistress Quickly, comes in what news does she have for the Prince?
6. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
7. What has Falstaff done to recruit his foot soldiers?
8. What is the actual plan for the robbery?
9. What is the relationship between Hotspur, Worcester and Northumberland?
10. What does Mortimer complain about after Glendower leaves, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act II, Scene 1, Shakespeare shows us a scene of common men, thieves, working people. Why does he do this? What is their language like? How does it compare to the language of the King and other noble leaders? What is the effect of this scene on the audience?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of honor as presented in this play. What is the relationship of various characters towards the concept of honor? How are Hotspur and Falstaff at two far ends of the spectrum when it comes to honor? Use quotes to describe these two men. Where does Prince Hal fall in this spectrum?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)