|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "franklin?"
2. Who tells Gadshill about the travellers with the money?
3. Whose house does Hotspur meet at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does Francis call out every time Poins calls for him?
5. Where is the tavern that the Prince frequents?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Percy family meets with Mortimer and Glendower in Wales why are they looking at a map?
2. When Prince Hal returns to his father's court what does the King say to him?
3. What does Falstaff tell the Prince after speaking with the nobleman sent by the King?
4. When the Hostess, Mistress Quickly, comes in what news does she have for the Prince?
5. What is the King tired of at the beginning of the play, and what does he want to do to stop it?
6. What is Hotspur's response to the letter he reads in his castle?
7. Why does Falstaff tell the mistress that he cannot pay his bill?
8. What does Worcester tell young Hotspur when he returns from his conversation in the King's camp?
9. Why is the Archbishop sure that Hotspur will fail in battle?
10. How did Falstaff enlist most of his soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,773 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)