|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has made the arrangements for the robbery?
2. What prank has Poins played in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the situation in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of Gadshill's second man?
5. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hotspur's response to the letter he reads in his castle?
2. What does Falstaff say he has heard people on the street say about the Prince?
3. What does the Prince say when he sees Falstaff on the ground after the battle?
4. How does Henry Percy think he has shamed himself after his conference with the King?
5. What news does the Chamberlain give Gadshill when he arrives at the inn?
6. Who has set up the robbery?
7. How does Prince Hal amend the robbery operation?
8. What style of writing is Act 1, Scene 2 presented in?
9. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
10. What does the Prince offer to do instead of waging a full battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
When Prince Hal offers to meet Hotspur on the field of battle in solo combat what does this reveal about his character? What is Prince Hal thinking of? Or perhaps who is he thinking of? What does this reveal about the future leader that he may become? What is this young man growing into?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character study of Prince Hal. What is his relationship to the King? To Falstaff? What stage of his life is he in? What happens to his character over the life of this play? Does he become more himself or does he abandon his true self when he returns to his royal personage?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)