|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
2. When is Lady Percy to follow Hotspur when he leaves her?
3. What day of the month do the rebels meet at Shrewsbury?
4. What do the carriers have?
5. When the rebels win, how do they plan to split the kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the letter Hotspur is reading in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is Poins's real plan for the robbery in the second scene?
3. What does Hotspur say when the offer from the King is read?
4. What has Falstaff done to recruit his foot soldiers?
5. What is the relationship between King Henry IV and his eldest son, Prince Hal?
6. Does Prince Hal want to regain his father's good graces?
7. What does Mortimer complain about after Glendower leaves, and why?
8. Why does Worcester think the King has such animosity towards their family and how do they plan to protect themselves?
9. Who is the better swordsman, King Henry or the Prince of Wales?
10. Why are there a number of persons disguised as King Henry on the field of battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Prince endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The second scene takes place in a tavern and is written in prose. How is this style of writing different? What is the effect of this on the feeling and tone of the scene? What does it allow Shakespeare to do?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)