|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hal given the title "Prince of Wales?"
2. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
3. How much money do the travelers have with them at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How much valor is there in Poins?
5. Why does Hotspur plan to slip away without saying goodbye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Prince tell Falstaff when he meets him at the tavern after being called away?
2. How does Henry Percy think he has shamed himself after his conference with the King?
3. What news does the Chamberlain give Gadshill when he arrives at the inn?
4. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
5. How does Vernon describe the King's army and the Prince of Wales?
6. What does Worcester want to do with the Scottish prisoners?
7. What does Falstaff say to the Prince before he is hushed on the highway?
8. Does Hotspur accept or reject the King's offer of pardon?
9. Who is King Henry the Fourth?
10. What style of writing is Act 1, Scene 2 presented in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)