|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King want his son to explain about his recent, errant behavior?
2. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
3. What does the King fear his son will do after scolding him?
4. What does the Prince blame for the thing his father scolds him for?
5. What does Falstaff say there are no more of on the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King say he fears his son will do with the war?
2. Why does the King call Hotspur to the council in Windsor?
3. What are the carriers complaining about at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How does Hotspur respond to Prince Hal's offer to meet him solo on the battlefield?
5. Who is Henry, Prince of Wales?
6. What does the King say he is envious of at the beginning of the book, and why?
7. How do Hotspur and Douglas feel about each other when they meet at the rebel camp?
8. How does Mortimer communicate with his wife?
9. What is the controversy over Falstaff's seal ring?
10. What is the plan Worcester has begun to formulate for rebellion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)