|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
2. Who is Lady Percy married to?
3. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
4. Who is the Vintner?
5. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hotspur and Douglas feel about each other when they meet at the rebel camp?
2. What does Lady Percy ask her husband when she first enters the stage?
3. What does Hotspur say when the offer from the King is read?
4. What does the Prince say in his soliloquy after Poins leaves his apartment?
5. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
6. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
7. What does Gadshill ask when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Who does the King compare he and his son to while scolding the Prince for his behavior?
9. What does Falstaff say to the Prince before he is hushed on the highway?
10. What does Hotspur say in response to Kate's question of whether he loves her?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
When Prince Hal offers to meet Hotspur on the field of battle in solo combat what does this reveal about his character? What is Prince Hal thinking of? Or perhaps who is he thinking of? What does this reveal about the future leader that he may become? What is this young man growing into?
Essay Topic 3
Shakespeare has Prince Hal with one foot in the royal court and one in the world of the common man. How does the Prince operate in each sphere? Can you imagine King Henry interacting with Francis the apprentice drawer in the same way that Hal does? What does this show us about Prince Hal? Use examples to show how Hal is able to operate effectively in both worlds.
This section contains 1,813 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)