|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the uncle of Hotspur?
2. Why can the Prince no longer entertain himself at the tavern?
3. What day of the month do the rebels meet at Shrewsbury?
4. Who is Sir John Paunch?
5. What has young Percy done which vexes the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Prince Hal done to keep Falstaff from being arrested for the robbery?
2. How does Vernon describe the King's army and the Prince of Wales?
3. Why is so much of what Falstaff and Prince Hal are saying unintelligible to modern audiences?
4. When the Percy family meets with Mortimer and Glendower in Wales why are they looking at a map?
5. What does the King say he fears his son will do with the war?
6. What is the letter Hotspur reads in his castle about?
7. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role-play in order to prepare the Prince for his return to his father?
8. What is the actual plan for the robbery?
9. Where does the first scene take place?
10. Why does Falstaff tell the mistress that he cannot pay his bill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)