|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a buff jerkin?
2. What does the Prince say to silence Falstaff's complaints about his loyalty?
3. When the rebels win, how do they plan to split the kingdom?
4. What does the ostler do?
5. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mortimer's wife say and do when she comes into the room with Glendower?
2. What is Poins's real plan for the robbery in the second scene?
3. What is the King tired of at the beginning of the play, and what does he want to do to stop it?
4. What does Prince Henry give Douglas when he is captured after the battle?
5. Why does Worcester think the King has such animosity towards their family and how do they plan to protect themselves?
6. What news does the Chamberlain give Gadshill when he arrives at the inn?
7. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
8. What are the three parts which the Archbishop has suggested England be divided into?
9. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
10. What does Worcester tell young Hotspur when he returns from his conversation in the King's camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)