|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gadshill say will die with him?
2. How many of Mortimer's men are killed in the battle against Glendower?
3. What does Falstaff say is his vocation?
4. What relationship does Westmoreland have with the King?
5. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan Worcester has begun to formulate for rebellion?
2. Why does the King send Worcester and Vernon to be executed?
3. What do the tradesmen make of the inn?
4. When Prince Hal returns to his father's court what does the King say to him?
5. What is Prince Hal's thinking in terms of his eventual return to court life?
6. What does Mortimer say that Hotspur has done to offend people after Glendower leaves?
7. What has Prince Hal done to keep Falstaff from being arrested for the robbery?
8. What is the actual plan for the robbery?
9. In Act 2, Scene 4 at the tavern, Falstaff goes to deal with the King's messenger and comes back with what message?
10. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Hotspur and the Prince are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
In Shakespeare's time women could not act on stage and so he was limited in the number of female characters he could put into each play. There was probably a limited supply of male actors who could "pass" as women onstage. Describe the types of women that are in this play. How many are there? What is their function? Are they major or minor characters?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)