|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Where is the tavern that the Prince frequents?
3. What does the Prince say to silence Falstaff's complaints about his loyalty?
4. Where does Prince Henry own an apartment?
5. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King send Worcester and Vernon to be executed?
2. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
3. What does the Prince promise his father he will do on the battlefield?
4. Does Prince Hal want to regain his father's good graces?
5. What is the state of the rebel forces prior to the battle?
6. How does Henry Percy think he has shamed himself after his conference with the King?
7. Who are the characters in Act II, Scene 1 in the yard outside the inn?
8. What does Mortimer complain about after Glendower leaves, and why?
9. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
10. What does the King say he fears his son will do with the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)