|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Falstaff claimed attacked him?
2. What is a red-breast-teacher?
3. What is Poins first name?
4. What does the King want from Hotspur?
5. What time is the "first cock?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hotspur say to his men just before they embark in the battle?
2. What does the Prince promise his father he will do on the battlefield?
3. What does the Prince do when Falstaff falls asleep?
4. Who are the characters in Act II, Scene 1 in the yard outside the inn?
5. How does the Chamberlain say Gadhill will die, and how does Gadshill respond to this?
6. What does Falstaff do for the Prince before he returns to the King?
7. What does the Prince ask Falstaff for during the battle, and what does Falstaff give him?
8. What attitude does Hotspur have towards the coming battle, now that his forces are weakened?
9. Who is Lord John of Lancaster?
10. What does the King say he is envious of at the beginning of the book, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
In Act II, Scene 1, Shakespeare shows us a scene of common men, thieves, working people. Why does he do this? What is their language like? How does it compare to the language of the King and other noble leaders? What is the effect of this scene on the audience?
Essay Topic 3
The King's offer of grace and pardon towards the rebels is rejected by the treacherous Worcester. Why does Worcester hide this from Hotspur? What is his agenda? Why is Hotspur so easy to manipulate?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)