|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has taken the Prince's place on the council?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
2. Where is Archibald from?
3. What does Falstaff call the travelers?
(a) Bacon-fed, fat chuffs, gorebellied knaves.
(b) Writers of tall tales.
(c) Window-less, mind-less, blank chumps.
(d) Miners of no great worth.
4. When is Michaelmas?
(a) January 1st, New Year's Day.
(b) September 29, Feast day of St. Michael.
(c) December 25, Christmas.
(d) January 6, Epiphany.
5. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
(a) Earl of Murray.
(b) Earl of Angus.
(c) Earl of Anthol.
(d) Earl of Cheshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
2. Who reveals the truth about the attack on Falstaff?
3. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
4. What is Lady Percy insisting her husband tell her?
5. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mortimer communicate with his wife?
2. What in Act III, scene1, are some of the details Shakespeare shares about Welsh culture?
3. Why does Prince Hal say that he has Shirley, Stafford and Blunt in his arms as he fights Douglas?
4. What does the Prince promise his father he will do on the battlefield?
5. Who is King Henry the Fourth?
6. Who does the King compare he and his son to while scolding the Prince for his behavior?
7. Does Prince Hal want to regain his father's good graces?
8. What does Vernon say when he hears of the Prince's offer to single combat?
9. What happens after the first robbery has been committed by Falstaff?
10. What is the letter Hotspur is reading in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)