|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
(a) Henry Percy.
(d) King Richard.
2. What does Hotspur admit to his wife before he leaves again?
(a) He is divorcing her.
(b) She will be queen.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She is his life.
3. Who has the King lost patience with?
(a) Hotspur and the rebels.
(b) His wife and daughters.
(d) Sir Walter Blunt.
4. Which of the following does NOT meet with Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
5. How much money do the travelers have with them at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 200 pounds of silver.
(b) 100 pounds of gold.
(c) 50 bars of gold and silver each.
(d) 300 marks of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hotspur's castle?
2. What does the Prince blame for the thing his father scolds him for?
3. What does Falstaff like to drink?
4. Who is Lady Percy married to?
5. Who is the uncle of Hotspur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Falstaff enlist most of his soldiers?
2. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
3. Who is the better swordsman, King Henry or the Prince of Wales?
4. What is Hotspur's response to his wife's questions?
5. Why does the King call Hotspur to the council in Windsor?
6. What in Act III, scene1, are some of the details Shakespeare shares about Welsh culture?
7. What is the relationship between King Henry IV and his eldest son, Prince Hal?
8. What does Hotspur say to his men just before they embark in the battle?
9. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
10. What does Hotspur suspect the King's ulterior motive is in not releasing Mortimer?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)