|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the King order out of his sight?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) Prince Hal.
(c) Princess Glendower.
2. What does Glendower say he can command?
(a) Legions of Angels.
(b) Winds and Storms.
(c) The devil.
3. What does the carrier have in his hand at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A painting.
(c) A safe of jewels.
(d) A royal decree.
4. What does the Prince promise to be more like in the future after being scolded by his father?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His God.
5. What news has Blunt?
(a) Time for peace has come.
(b) The rebels will meet them at Shrewsbury.
(c) Earl of Westmoreland has died.
(d) Bridgenorth has fallen to the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Henry compare his son to while scolding him?
2. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
3. Is the interview between King Henry and Prince Hal written in blank verse or prose?
4. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
5. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Falstaff tell the mistress that he cannot pay his bill?
2. Why is the Archbishop worried about the rebel's chances to win the battle?
3. Who is Henry, Prince of Wales?
4. What do the tradesmen make of the inn?
5. What does the King demand of Hotpsur when he allows him and his father to leave the conference?
6. How does the King divide his forces at the end of the book?
7. What style of writing is Act 1, Scene 2 presented in?
8. What does Falstaff say to the Prince before he is hushed on the highway?
9. What does Hotspur say to his men just before they embark in the battle?
10. Where does Act IV, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)