|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff say there are no more of on the earth?
(a) Virtuous women.
(b) Good men.
(c) Mild children.
(d) Honorable families.
2. What does the carrier have in his hand at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A royal decree.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A painting.
(d) A safe of jewels.
3. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) It was lost on the way back.
(b) A great group of thieves took if from them.
(c) He spent it on women and wine.
(d) Poins hid it.
4. What does the Prince think Henry Percy fights for?
5. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
(a) Beat them senseless.
(b) Kill them and take their gold.
(c) Rob them and bind them.
(d) Slit their throats and toss the bodies off the cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
2. Does Hotspur love his wife?
3. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
4. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
5. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the first scene take place?
2. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
3. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role-play in order to prepare the Prince for his return to his father?
4. What does Vernon say when he hears of the Prince's offer to single combat?
5. Why is the Archbishop worried about the rebel's chances to win the battle?
6. What is the controversy over Falstaff's seal ring?
7. What happens when the Sheriff comes looking for Falstaff?
8. Does Prince Hal want to regain his father's good graces?
9. What is the letter Hotspur reads in his castle about?
10. What has Falstaff done to recruit his foot soldiers?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)