|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the King say the next council will be held and when?
(a) The following winter in Exeter.
(b) A fortnight from Friday at the Bishop's copse.
(c) Wednesday next at Windsor.
(d) Sunday morning on the battlefield.
2. Where does Hotspur's wife say she has been banished from?
(a) Her husband's bed.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her husband's heart.
3. Why do the carriers keep calling for the Ostler?
(a) The Ostler has a large lantern.
(b) The Ostler has their baggage.
(c) They want to get their horses and go.
(d) They want more beer.
4. Whose money do the travelers have?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Prince's.
(c) The Army's.
(d) The Sheriff's.
5. What angers the King most about Henry Percy?
(a) His power.
(b) His cunning.
(c) His pride.
(d) His disloyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hotspur's wife suspect of manipulating her husband?
2. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
3. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does the King do that angers Hotspur during their conference?
5. What do the carriers want the Ostler to do for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gadshill ask when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What happens when the Sheriff comes looking for Falstaff?
3. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
4. What is the controversy over Falstaff's seal ring?
5. What does Prince Henry say must happen during the war when he goes to the tavern?
6. What does the Prince do when Falstaff falls asleep?
7. Why does Prince Hal say that he has Shirley, Stafford and Blunt in his arms as he fights Douglas?
8. How does Mortimer communicate with his wife?
9. What new does Westmoreland bring the king in the first scene?
10. What does Blunt report to the King after he is done scolding the Prince?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)