|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Henry IV is disinheriting his eldest son.
(b) Prince Hal has returned to his father's court.
(c) Prince Hal is being crowned King of England.
(d) Falstaff is to be hanged.
2. What is the name of Hotspur's castle?
3. Why can the Prince no longer entertain himself at the tavern?
(a) The tavern is out of business.
(b) His father forbids it.
(c) His credit is used up.
(d) He insulted the mistress.
4. Who attacks Falstaff after the robbery?
(d) The Sheriff.
5. What is Glendower's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
2. Who is the uncle of Hotspur?
3. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Hotspur plan to slip away without saying goodbye?
5. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Falstaff do when he stops pretending to be dead?
2. How does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
3. How does Hotspur respond to Prince Hal's offer to meet him solo on the battlefield?
4. Where does the first scene take place?
5. What is Hotspur's response to the letter he reads in his castle?
6. What is Falstaff fretting about in the tavern when he is there without the Prince?
7. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
8. Why is the Hostess so upset when Falstaff asks her if she's found who picked his pocket?
9. What does Worcester want to do with the Scottish prisoners?
10. What does the Prince say in his soliloquy after Poins leaves his apartment?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)