|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
(a) Dark clouds.
(d) Black birds.
2. What is the job of a carrier?
(a) Organize tavern gatherings.
(b) Take care of horses and donkeys.
(c) Convey groups of people across the country.
(d) Carry goods from one place to the next.
3. Who is the father of Hotspur?
(a) Henry IV.
(d) Prince Hal.
4. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
5. What do the carriers have?
(a) Turkeys, bacon, and ginger.
(b) Chimney sweeps.
(c) Time to spare.
(d) A map of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ostler do?
2. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
3. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
5. Who does Gadshill say will die with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shakespeare cue the audience as to where a scene, such as Hotspur at Warkworth Castle, is taking place?
2. When the Percy family meets with Mortimer and Glendower in Wales why are they looking at a map?
3. What does the Prince do when Falstaff falls asleep?
4. What does Hotspur say in response to Kate's question of whether he loves her?
5. What does Lady Percy ask her husband when she first enters the stage?
6. What is the prank that Poins has played on Falstaff just before the robbery?
7. What does the Prince offer to do instead of waging a full battle?
8. What does the King say to Worcester when he comes to the camp, and how does he respond?
9. What is the relationship between King Henry IV and his eldest son, Prince Hal?
10. How does Shakespeare set the scene for the morning of battle?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)