|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Vintner?
(a) Hostess of the Inn.
(b) The innkeeper.
(c) Bar maid.
(d) Wine connoisseur.
2. What does Falstaff say there are no more of on the earth?
(a) Virtuous women.
(b) Mild children.
(c) Good men.
(d) Honorable families.
3. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
(a) Counting the dead.
(b) Working out a new plan of attack.
(c) Rallying his men.
(d) Tending to wounds.
4. Who does Gadshill say will die with him?
(b) The Chamberlain.
(d) The Prince.
5. What does Falstaff say men who steal purses should be named when the Prince is King?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Glendower's first name?
2. What kind of horse does Gadshill own?
3. How does the King say he won his crown?
4. Who does King Henry compare his son to while scolding him?
5. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Falstaff do for the Prince before he returns to the King?
2. How does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
3. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role-play in order to prepare the Prince for his return to his father?
4. What does Blunt report to the King after he is done scolding the Prince?
5. Who has set up the robbery?
6. What must Falstaff do to repay the Prince for his help?
7. What does Gadshill ask when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 2?
8. What does the King say he is envious of at the beginning of the book, and why?
9. Why is so much of what Falstaff and Prince Hal are saying unintelligible to modern audiences?
10. How does Shakespeare set the scene for the morning of battle?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)