|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes first to Shrewsbury?
(a) Crowds of commoners who will watch the battle.
(b) Earl of Westmoreland and young Lord John of Lancaster.
(c) King Henry IV and his advisors.
(d) Prince of Wales and ten thousand men.
2. Who is the Vintner?
(a) Bar maid.
(b) The innkeeper.
(c) Hostess of the Inn.
(d) Wine connoisseur.
3. What does Prince Hal promise the King?
(a) I will be more myself.
(b) My younger brother will be safe on the battlefield.
(c) I will leave and never return.
(d) The troops will be trained starting today.
4. Who does Falstaff think will convince the Prince to help him with the robbery?
(a) Mistress Quickly.
(d) The King.
5. What does Hotspur admit to his wife before he leaves again?
(a) She will be queen.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She is his life.
(d) He is divorcing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
2. Who sends a nobleman to talk to the Prince?
3. What is the name of Gadshill's second man?
4. Who attacks Falstaff after the robbery?
5. What does Poins steal from Falstaff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Falstaff tell the Prince after speaking with the nobleman sent by the King?
2. Who is the better swordsman, King Henry or the Prince of Wales?
3. Why does King Henry send Sir Walter Blunt into the rebel camp on the night before battle?
4. What does the offer from the King to Hotspur contain?
5. What do the tradesmen make of the inn?
6. When the Hostess, Mistress Quickly, comes in what news does she have for the Prince?
7. What did Henry Percy do before the play started that angers the King?
8. What does the King say to Worcester when he comes to the camp, and how does he respond?
9. Why does Falstaff tell the Prince his men are good enough for battle?
10. Where does Act IV, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)