|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King's attitude towards the Prince of Wales when the Prince returns to the Royal Court?
(a) Horrified and Angry.
(b) Grateful that he is back.
(d) Excited to have the Prince lead the troops.
2. What does Francis give to the Prince as a gift?
3. Who is Lady Percy married to?
(a) The elderly Glendower.
(b) Percy Smith, the Vintner.
(c) King Henry IV.
(d) The young Henry Percy, Hotspur.
4. How much money do the travelers have with them at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 200 pounds of silver.
(b) 100 pounds of gold.
(c) 50 bars of gold and silver each.
(d) 300 marks of gold.
5. Where is the council meeting in Scene 3?
(a) Northumberland's chambers.
(b) High Court in London.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Lady Glendower's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
2. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
3. What does Glendower say he can command?
4. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
5. What does it mean to colt someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hotspur's answer to the King's offer of pardon?
2. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
3. What must Falstaff do to repay the Prince for his help?
4. Why are there a number of persons disguised as King Henry on the field of battle?
5. What is the letter Hotspur is reading in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does Falstaff do for the Prince before he returns to the King?
7. What does the offer from the King to Hotspur contain?
8. What is the relationship between King Henry IV and his eldest son, Prince Hal?
9. What happens after the first robbery has been committed by Falstaff?
10. What does Prince Henry give Douglas when he is captured after the battle?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)