|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Hal promise the King?
(a) The troops will be trained starting today.
(b) My younger brother will be safe on the battlefield.
(c) I will be more myself.
(d) I will leave and never return.
2. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
(a) His patience.
(b) His power.
(c) His morale.
(d) His alliegance.
3. What is it that carries Hotspur away?
(a) The murder of Richard II?
(b) A need to dominate the battlefield.
(c) His horse.
(d) His anger at his wife.
4. What is "Charles' wain?"
(a) Age of King Charles.
(b) Great Bear constellation.
(c) Starless nights.
(d) End of the full moon.
5. Who corroborates Hotspur's account of what happened with the well-dressed man on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hotspur's castle?
2. Where is the house Hotspur goes to at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Why are people hesitant to support Hotspur's plan?
4. Who sends a nobleman to talk to the Prince?
5. Who does Falstaff think will convince the Prince to help him with the robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prince Hal pardon Douglas?
2. What does Worcester tell young Hotspur when he returns from his conversation in the King's camp?
3. What is the relationship between Hotspur, Worcester and Northumberland?
4. Who is Lord John of Lancaster?
5. What does the Prince say when he sees Falstaff on the ground after the battle?
6. How does the Chamberlain say Gadhill will die, and how does Gadshill respond to this?
7. What does the Prince promise his father he will do on the battlefield?
8. What has Falstaff done to recruit his foot soldiers?
9. What happens when Bardolph enters the scene for the first time?
10. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role-play in order to prepare the Prince for his return to his father?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)