|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King fear that the Prince has lost?
(a) The trust of the nation.
(b) His princely privilege.
(c) Years of learning and study.
(d) A strong morality.
2. What is a red-breast-teacher?
(a) Headmaster at a girl's college.
(b) One who teaches singing to songbirds.
(c) Robin Redbreast in spring.
(d) An expert who cannot read but can write.
3. Who robs the thieves?
(a) Sheriff John and his men.
(b) Prince Hal and Poins.
(c) Chamberlain and carriers.
(d) The Ostler.
4. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
(a) Attacks from France.
(b) A lack of taxes.
(c) His son's disrespect.
(d) Civil War.
5. What does Glendower anticipate will happen when the warriors leave for battle?
(a) Spirits will come up from the vasty deep.
(b) Wives will weep copious tears.
(c) Henry Bolingbroke will go bootless home.
(d) Wives will be unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname friends and family call the Prince of Wales?
2. Where are the travelers taking the money to?
3. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
4. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
5. Who interrupts Hotspur in his verbal attacks on the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King send Worcester and Vernon to be executed?
2. When Falstaff arrives at the tavern (after the robbery) what is the very tall tale he tells?
3. Who does the King compare he and his son to while scolding the Prince for his behavior?
4. What is the prank that Poins has played on Falstaff just before the robbery?
5. How does Shakespeare set the scene for the morning of battle?
6. What does the Prince ask Falstaff for during the battle, and what does Falstaff give him?
7. What does Falstaff do when he sees the dead Sir Walter Blunt?
8. What does the King demand of Hotpsur when he allows him and his father to leave the conference?
9. How does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
10. What does the Prince say when he sees Falstaff on the ground after the battle?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)