|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teases Falstaff about being fat in the second scene?
(c) The Prince.
(d) The King.
2. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
(c) Their wives.
(d) A map.
4. What is the job of a carrier?
(a) Take care of horses and donkeys.
(b) Convey groups of people across the country.
(c) Organize tavern gatherings.
(d) Carry goods from one place to the next.
5. What does Hotspur admit to his wife before he leaves again?
(a) She is his life.
(b) She will be queen.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is divorcing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ostler do?
2. What does Hotspur say would shame the Devil?
3. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
4. How does the King say he won his crown?
5. Who is Sir John of Gaunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prank that Poins has played on Falstaff just before the robbery?
2. What does Mortimer's wife say and do when she comes into the room with Glendower?
3. Does Hotspur accept or reject the King's offer of pardon?
4. What is the actual plan for the robbery?
5. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
6. What does the Prince say when he sees Falstaff on the ground after the battle?
7. What does Falstaff do for the Prince before he returns to the King?
8. How does Shakespeare cue the audience as to where a scene, such as Hotspur at Warkworth Castle, is taking place?
9. When Prince Hal returns to his father's court what does the King say to him?
10. What do the tradesmen make of the inn?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)