|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince say he will do on the battlefield?
(a) Defeat the Scots.
(b) Restore peace and honor.
(c) Unite England.
(d) Trade reputations with Hotspur.
2. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) A great group of thieves took if from them.
(b) He spent it on women and wine.
(c) Poins hid it.
(d) It was lost on the way back.
3. What is it that carries Hotspur away?
(a) His horse.
(b) His anger at his wife.
(c) The murder of Richard II?
(d) A need to dominate the battlefield.
4. When is Michaelmas?
(a) January 1st, New Year's Day.
(b) December 25, Christmas.
(c) September 29, Feast day of St. Michael.
(d) January 6, Epiphany.
5. What does Prince Hal promise the King?
(a) I will leave and never return.
(b) The troops will be trained starting today.
(c) My younger brother will be safe on the battlefield.
(d) I will be more myself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Gadhill enters at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does it mean to colt someone?
3. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
4. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Poins's real plan for the robbery in the second scene?
2. What does Hotspur suspect the King's ulterior motive is in not releasing Mortimer?
3. What does Vernon say to Hotspur about Prince Henry, and how does Hotspur respond to this?
4. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
5. What part does the Archbishop of York have in the rebellion?
6. What has Prince Hal done to keep Falstaff from being arrested for the robbery?
7. What does the Prince offer to do instead of waging a full battle?
8. What in Act III, scene1, are some of the details Shakespeare shares about Welsh culture?
9. What does the offer from the King to Hotspur contain?
10. When the Percy family meets with Mortimer and Glendower in Wales why are they looking at a map?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)