|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Hotspur in his verbal attacks on the king?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His servant.
2. How many men does Falstaff claimed attacked him?
3. What does the King fear his son will do after scolding him?
(a) Join the rebels.
(b) Marry a commoner.
(c) Never fight in the war.
(d) Run away from home.
4. Who announces to Gadshill that the travelers are coming?
5. Where does Hotspur's wife say she has been banished from?
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her husband's heart.
(d) Her husband's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a red-breast-teacher?
2. Who are the characters in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
4. What news has Blunt?
5. Whose money do the travelers have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Prince Hal want to regain his father's good graces?
2. What does Hotspur say when the offer from the King is read?
3. What does Hotspur say in response to Kate's question of whether he loves her?
4. Who is the better swordsman, King Henry or the Prince of Wales?
5. What does the Prince do when Falstaff falls asleep?
6. Why does Prince Hal say that he has Shirley, Stafford and Blunt in his arms as he fights Douglas?
7. Why is so much of what Falstaff and Prince Hal are saying unintelligible to modern audiences?
8. What is Hotspur's response to the letter he reads in his castle?
9. What part does the Archbishop of York have in the rebellion?
10. What new does Westmoreland bring the king in the first scene?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)