|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
(a) Sir John means he is Welsh born.
(b) He stole the name from Sir John Framer.
(c) Falstaff wanted to sound more royal.
(d) He is a knight.
2. What does Gadshill promise his informant after the robbery?
(a) Rent money.
(c) A share in the loot.
(d) A new horse.
3. Who has made the arrangements for the robbery?
(a) Prince Hal.
4. What does Prince Hal promise the King?
(a) My younger brother will be safe on the battlefield.
(b) The troops will be trained starting today.
(c) I will be more myself.
(d) I will leave and never return.
5. What does Glendower say he can command?
(a) The devil.
(b) Legions of Angels.
(d) Winds and Storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of a carrier?
2. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
3. How are Hotspur and Glendower related?
4. Who goes first to Shrewsbury?
5. How many men really attack Falstaff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lord John of Lancaster?
2. What is the relationship between King Henry IV and his eldest son, Prince Hal?
3. What does the Prince say in his soliloquy after Poins leaves his apartment?
4. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role-play in order to prepare the Prince for his return to his father?
5. Why does the King send Worcester and Vernon to be executed?
6. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
7. Why does King Henry send Sir Walter Blunt into the rebel camp on the night before battle?
8. Why is the Archbishop so fearful of Hotspur failing in his cause?
9. What does Vernon say to Hotspur about Prince Henry, and how does Hotspur respond to this?
10. What in Act III, scene1, are some of the details Shakespeare shares about Welsh culture?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)