|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT meet with Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
(a) Dark clouds.
(b) Black birds.
3. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
(a) Sir John means he is Welsh born.
(b) He is a knight.
(c) He stole the name from Sir John Framer.
(d) Falstaff wanted to sound more royal.
4. What is a "franklin?"
(a) Rich farmer.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Honest young man.
(d) Wife of Frank.
5. What does Falstaff do when he is attacked after the robbery?
(a) Runs and hides.
(c) Ties himself up.
(d) Drops the money and runs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
2. How many men does Falstaff claimed attacked him?
3. Whose money do the travelers have?
4. What is the full title of the play?
5. Who is the first character of the play to enter and speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does the chamberlain share with Gadshill which sets off the robbery?
2. What is Prince Hal's thinking in terms of his eventual return to court life?
3. What does the King say he is envious of at the beginning of the book, and why?
4. Who are the characters in Act II, Scene 1 in the yard outside the inn?
5. When the Percy family meets with Mortimer and Glendower in Wales why are they looking at a map?
6. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
7. Who is Sir John Falstaff?
8. What new does Westmoreland bring the king in the first scene?
9. Who is King Henry the Fourth?
10. What does Hotspur say in response to Kate's question of whether he loves her?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)