Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To meet with Hotspur.
(b) To plan the counter attack against France.
(c) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(d) European trade talks.
2. Who is Lady Percy married to?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) The young Henry Percy, Hotspur.
(c) Percy Smith, the Vintner.
(d) The elderly Glendower.
3. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
(a) Lady of Glynth.
(b) Lady Hotspur.
(c) Bonnie Lass.
4. Who is the Vintner?
(a) The innkeeper.
(b) Hostess of the Inn.
(c) Wine connoisseur.
(d) Bar maid.
5. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
(a) Tending to wounds.
(b) Counting the dead.
(c) Working out a new plan of attack.
(d) Rallying his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis have five more years to serve?
2. Who has the Prince lost the respect of according to the King?
3. What does the Prince blame for the thing his father scolds him for?
4. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
5. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hotspur and Douglas feel about each other when they meet at the rebel camp?
2. What does Lady Percy ask her husband when she first enters the stage?
3. What does Hotspur say when the offer from the King is read?
4. What does the Prince say in his soliloquy after Poins leaves his apartment?
5. Where is the battle with the rebels to take place?
6. How is it that the First Carrier can tell what time it is?
7. What does Gadshill ask when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Who does the King compare he and his son to while scolding the Prince for his behavior?
9. What does Falstaff say to the Prince before he is hushed on the highway?
10. What does Hotspur say in response to Kate's question of whether he loves her?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)