|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hotspur look for on the battlefield?
(a) King Henry.
(d) Prince of Wales.
2. How does Hotspur feel about Douglas?
(a) He is in awe of his experience.
(b) He holds him in high esteem.
(c) He is intimidated by him.
(d) He is angry with his cowardice.
3. What does Falstaff claim the pickpocket took?
(a) A flask of sack.
(b) His reputation.
(c) The cash he stole from the travelers.
(d) Money and his grandfather's seal ring.
4. What is the relationship of Sir John of Lancaster and Prince of Wales?
5. According to the Prince, what is the weather like on the day of battle?
(a) A blustery, windy day with the possibility of a tempest.
(b) A hot mid-summer day.
(c) Snow and chance of hail.
(d) Below zero temperature and blizzard conditions.
6. What does Douglas mean when he says "like Hydra's heads"?
(a) The King does not use his head.
(b) For one King cut down two grow up.
(c) His sword is drawn to royalty.
(d) Kings are weak as water.
7. What does the Prince offer to do to save lives?
(a) Battle Hotspur alone.
(b) Give his heirship to Hotspur.
(c) Write a treaty.
(d) Lead the battle himself.
8. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
9. Where does the Archbishop live?
10. How does the Prince describe Falstaff's men?
(a) Wavering as if drunk.
(b) God's other army.
(c) Swine keepers.
(d) Pitiful rascals.
11. What announces the arrival of Worcester?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A drum.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A thunderclap.
12. What does Hotspur propose to do about the King's offer?
(a) Think on it overnight and send a reply in the morning.
(b) Reject it out of hand.
(c) Ask for further definition of the terms.
(d) Accept it with humble gratitude.
13. What is the family relationship between Hotspur and Vernon?
(b) Nephew and Uncle.
14. Where do the ragged soldiers find shirts to wear?
(a) They will go without shirts.
(b) Falstaff will purchase shirts in Saint Albans.
(c) On the hedge where the linen is put to dry.
(d) From those who fall in battle.
15. Who kills Blunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archbishop give letters to?
2. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
3. Who is the Archbishop sending letters to?
4. What interrupts the argument when Hotspur wants to go to battle without waiting?
5. Why is the Hostess, Mistress Quickly, so insulted?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)