|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Hal want from Falstaff when they meet in battle?
(a) His allegiance.
(b) His sword.
(c) Bottle of sack.
(d) Kind words and encouragement.
2. What does Fallstaff send Bardolph to purchase at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) A map.
(d) Horse Grain.
3. Who does Falstaff blame for the sorry state of his soldiers?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
4. What does Hotspur propose to do about the King's offer?
(a) Reject it out of hand.
(b) Ask for further definition of the terms.
(c) Accept it with humble gratitude.
(d) Think on it overnight and send a reply in the morning.
5. Who does Hotspur want the King to ransom when the offer is sent by the King?
(d) The Prince.
6. What does Prince Henry ask Falstaff to give him during battle?
(a) A shield.
(b) A sword.
(c) A rag.
(d) A knife.
7. Where is Falstaff to meet Prince Hal to receive orders and equipment?
(a) Eastcheap Tavern.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Temple Hall.
8. What does Douglas name Hotspur?
(a) King of Honor.
(b) Fire Warrior.
(c) Bringer of Bains.
(d) Sword bearer.
9. What does the person telling Hotspur about Lancaster say he heard the Prince compare himself to?
(a) A lion.
(c) A mighty wave.
(d) The Sun.
10. What is Falstaff worried about while in the tavern without the Prince?
(a) The Prince will forget him.
(b) The Prince will arrest him.
(c) He is getting sick.
(d) He is losing weight.
11. How does the playwright list the Archbishop under the Dramatis Personae?
(a) Cousin to Henry, Archbishop of York.
(b) Scroop of York.
(c) Archbishop York of London.
(d) Richard Scroop, Archbishop of York.
12. How much money has Falstaff made bribing good men out of going to war?
(a) 2 pence.
(b) 300+ pounds.
(c) 10 pounds and one angel.
(d) 4 pounds and 60 pence.
13. What does Falstaff say is pricking at him before the battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His fear.
(c) His honor.
(d) His courage.
14. What does Falstaff mock about the man who he asks to cheer him up?
(a) His red face.
(b) His thin beard.
(c) His fat belly.
(d) His grey hair.
15. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Most have been killed.
(b) They turned on Falstaff and chased him away.
(c) They have run away.
(d) They've been surprisingly victorious in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announces the arrival of Worcester?
2. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
3. Why does Falstaff say his men are good enough for battle?
4. Who is the Archbishop sending letters to?
5. Who does Hotspur look for on the battlefield?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)