|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather on the day of the battle?
2. Who pledges to kill the King in battle?
3. What does Hotspur blame King Henry for?
(a) The state of chaos in the land.
(b) Prince Hal's disgraceful conduct.
(c) Murdering Richard II and betraying his allies.
(d) England's loss of standing against Scotland and Ireland.
4. Who appears to save the King from certain death?
(b) Sir John Falstaff.
(c) Sir John of Lancaster.
(d) Prince of Wales.
5. What does Hotspur say the rebels are coming near?
6. Where does Act 4, Scene 4 take place?
(a) York Castle.
(c) Westminster Cathedral.
(d) The palace of the Archbishop.
7. What do the rebels estimate the size of the King's army to be?
8. How much money has Falstaff made bribing good men out of going to war?
(a) 300+ pounds.
(b) 10 pounds and one angel.
(c) 2 pence.
(d) 4 pounds and 60 pence.
9. What ethnic background is Douglas?
10. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) They've been surprisingly victorious in battle.
(b) Most have been killed.
(c) They have run away.
(d) They turned on Falstaff and chased him away.
11. What does Hotspur propose to do about the King's offer?
(a) Ask for further definition of the terms.
(b) Think on it overnight and send a reply in the morning.
(c) Accept it with humble gratitude.
(d) Reject it out of hand.
12. Who calls Falstaff's men beggars?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
13. According to the Prince, what is the weather like on the day of battle?
(a) A hot mid-summer day.
(b) Below zero temperature and blizzard conditions.
(c) A blustery, windy day with the possibility of a tempest.
(d) Snow and chance of hail.
14. What does Prince Hal want from Falstaff when they meet in battle?
(a) His sword.
(b) His allegiance.
(c) Kind words and encouragement.
(d) Bottle of sack.
15. Who goes with Worcester to the King's camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Hotspur that Lancaster is marching towards them?
2. What does Falstaff have to offer the Prince during the battle?
3. Who challenges Hotspur to combat before the battle?
4. What does Falstaff say his army consists of?
5. Why does Hotspur's father not come to the battle at Shrewsbury?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)