|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
(a) News that the King comes forth.
(b) A glass of mead.
(c) His horse.
(d) News that the King has retreated.
2. What Roman god does Vernon describe the Prince of Wales as?
3. What is the family relationship between Hotspur and Vernon?
(c) Nephew and Uncle.
4. How does the playwright list the Archbishop under the Dramatis Personae?
(a) Scroop of York.
(b) Archbishop York of London.
(c) Cousin to Henry, Archbishop of York.
(d) Richard Scroop, Archbishop of York.
5. How many men are in the King's army?
6. What ethnic background is Douglas?
7. What does Falstaff say is pricking at him before the battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His honor.
(c) His courage.
(d) His fear.
8. What word does the Douglas say is not in his land's language?
9. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
(a) Meet on the battle field at full tilt.
(b) Unknit the churlish knot of war.
(c) Move the battle to a more level place.
(d) Surrender fully and be taken prisoner.
10. Who does the Archbishop think is favored in the Battle at Shrewsbury?
(a) The King and his army.
(b) Hotspur and Northumberland.
(c) The Scots.
(d) Percy and his rebels.
11. Why does Falstaff call Mistress Quickly "Dame Partlet?"
(a) He is too drunk to remember her real name.
(b) Because she sounds like a clucking hen.
(c) She is married to Robert Partlet.
(d) Partlet means worrisome wollygolly.
12. What biblical character does Falstaff use to describe his ragged soldiers?
(a) Virgin Mary.
13. What does the first messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
(b) New maps.
(c) News of deserters.
14. How many men are marching with Lancaster?
15. Where is Falstaff to meet Prince Hal to receive orders and equipment?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Eastcheap Tavern.
(c) Temple Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the Prince when he enters the tavern after being called away?
2. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
3. How much money has Falstaff made bribing good men out of going to war?
4. What does Worcester say the King did not express during their meeting?
5. Who calls the rebels to arms?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)