|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city are Falstaff and Bardolph near at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does the Prince compliment about Hotspur's nature?
(a) His pride.
(b) His intellect.
(c) His leadership.
(d) His daring.
3. What letters does Bardolph take from Prince Hal?
(a) Letters of introduction and support.
(b) Letters to his mother and sisters.
(c) Letters to John and the Earl of Westmorland.
(d) Letters to his father, the King.
4. What does the Prince offer to do to save lives?
(a) Lead the battle himself.
(b) Battle Hotspur alone.
(c) Write a treaty.
(d) Give his heirship to Hotspur.
5. What does the trumpet sound out?
(a) Sneak attack by the King.
(c) Parley as a messenger comes from the King to the rebels.
(d) The battle is over and done.
6. What do the rebels estimate the size of the King's army to be?
7. What does Worcester say the King did not express during their meeting?
8. What does Hotspur say the rebels are coming near?
9. Why does Falstaff say his men are good enough for battle?
(a) They are loyal.
(b) They are mortal.
(c) They are strong.
(d) They are desperate.
10. Who kills Hotspur?
(a) The King.
(d) The Prince.
11. Who is to bring the counter-offer to the King?
(d) Henry Percy.
12. What does the first messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
(b) New maps.
(d) News of deserters.
13. Who is the Archbishop sending letters to?
(a) A council of priests.
(b) The allies.
(c) The King.
14. What is Falstaff sent off to gather up?
(a) Funds for the war effort.
(b) Furniture for the officers.
(c) Sack and Ale for the men.
(d) Recruits for the battle.
15. Why is the Archbishop fearful of Hotspur failing?
(a) He is in alliance with Hotspur.
(b) He hates the King.
(c) His land will be taken away.
(d) He was promised a promotion if Hotspur won.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Falstaff worried about while in the tavern without the Prince?
2. How much time does Hotspur want to write his counter-offer?
3. Who picked Falstaff's pockets?
4. What comment does Falstaff make upon finding a dead soldier?
5. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)