|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to save the King from certain death?
(a) Sir John of Lancaster.
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
(d) Prince of Wales.
2. What ethnic background is Douglas?
3. Why is the Hostess, Mistress Quickly, so insulted?
(a) Francis claims she cannot carry glasses to customers.
(b) The innkeeper thinks she is asleep while standing.
(c) Falstaff claims a pickpocket has been at the tavern.
(d) Falstaff won't sit and drink with her.
4. What does Douglas name Hotspur?
(a) King of Honor.
(b) Fire Warrior.
(c) Bringer of Bains.
(d) Sword bearer.
5. Who has Hotspur sent from the rebel camp to meet with the King?
(a) Worcester and Vernon.
(b) Archbishop of York.
(c) Lady Percy and Lady Mortimer.
(d) Sir John and Francis.
6. What does Sir Walter Blunt bring from the King?
(a) An offer of pardon for the rebels and their men.
(b) Invitation to meet on the battlefield at once.
(c) Strong words of condemnation.
(d) A letter of apology.
7. What does the mistress do after the truth of the robbery is made known?
(a) Demands the money.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Pours more beer.
(d) Leaves the scene.
8. What does the King call Worcester when he first arrives?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An old friend.
9. Who does Falstaff blame for the sorry state of his soldiers?
(a) The King.
(c) The Prince.
10. Who identifies Blunt's dead body?
(c) The Prince.
11. What has Prince Hal done for Falstaff?
(a) Paid back the money Falstaff stole.
(b) Arranged for travel to Kent.
(c) Found a regiment for Falstaff to join.
(d) Brought a stallion for Falstaff to ride in battle.
12. How does Douglas feel about Hotspur?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He is in awe of his experience.
(c) He is angry with his cowardice.
(d) He holds him in high esteem.
13. What does Falstaff ask Bardolph to get him as his soldiers march to Sutton?
(a) Bottle of Sack.
(b) Maps of the area.
(c) Steel tipped sword.
(d) More money from the King.
14. How does Vernon describe the Prince of Wales in his armor?
(a) As if an angel dropped down from the clouds.
(b) Amongst the men, a leader rising up.
(c) Astride a stallion riding like the wind.
(d) All decked in gold and shining as the sun.
15. What does Falstaff say his army consists of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff mock about the man who he asks to cheer him up?
2. What does Falstaff say is pricking at him before the battle?
3. Who calls Falstaff's men beggars?
4. Who is on the battlefield disguised as King Henry?
5. Who does Falstaff ask to cheer him up when he is in the tavern without the Prince?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)