|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picked Falstaff's pockets?
(b) Prince Hal.
(c) No one, it is his imagination.
(d) Mistress Quickly.
2. Who does Hotspur look for on the battlefield?
(a) King Henry.
(d) Prince of Wales.
3. What letters does Bardolph take from Prince Hal?
(a) Letters to John and the Earl of Westmorland.
(b) Letters to his father, the King.
(c) Letters to his mother and sisters.
(d) Letters of introduction and support.
4. Who throws defiance down before the King to start the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Prince Hal.
5. What does the trumpet sound out?
(a) Parley as a messenger comes from the King to the rebels.
(c) Sneak attack by the King.
(d) The battle is over and done.
6. How has King Henry IV treated Hotspur's father, Northumberland?
(a) Dismissed Northumberland from the royal court.
(b) Renamed him Bard of Umbertown, an insult.
(c) Gave him the illness that he suffers now.
(d) As a brother to be honored and revered.
7. What comment does Falstaff make upon finding a dead soldier?
(a) Art thou dead or just pretending?
(b) Better thou than I!
(c) There's honor for you!
(d) Here makes a pretty mess!
8. What interrupts the argument when Hotspur wants to go to battle without waiting?
(a) A messenger.
(c) A drum beat.
(d) A trumpet.
9. Who does Falstaff blame for the sorry state of his soldiers?
(a) The King.
(b) The Prince.
10. What is unusual about the last two lines Falstaff utters in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Falstaff is being quite serious.
(b) He sings the lines.
(c) The two lines are nonsensical.
(d) He is speaking in iambic pentameter blank verse.
11. Who does the Archbishop give letters to?
(a) Sir Markus.
(b) Sir Vincent.
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Sir Michael.
12. What are Hotspur's last words?
(a) Goodbye cruel world.
(b) Within this span-.
(c) Here lie I down.
(d) And food for-.
13. Who does Hotspur want the King to ransom when the offer is sent by the King?
(c) The Prince.
14. Why is Northumberland unable to assist Hotspur?
(a) He has been captured.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) His wife just died.
15. Who is concerned about Northumberland not coming to the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Hal want from Falstaff when they meet in battle?
2. How many allies do not meet with Hotspur in battle?
3. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
4. What does Falstaff do when he learns who has robbed him?
5. Why is the Archbishop fearful of Hotspur failing?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)