|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announces the arrival of Worcester?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A drum.
(d) A thunderclap.
2. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 Falstaff is worried about what?
(a) Going to war.
(b) Having smallpox.
(c) Becoming too thin.
(d) Losing at cards.
3. What does the mistress do after the truth of the robbery is made known?
(a) Demands the money.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Pours more beer.
(d) Leaves the scene.
4. Why does Worcester hesitate to offer the King's pardon to Hotspur?
(a) Hotspur needs battle experience.
(b) Worcester doesn't trust Henry IV.
(c) He wants to fight and kill.
(d) Hotspur must be sacrificed through battle.
5. What does the second messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
(a) News that the King has retreated.
(b) His horse.
(c) News that the King comes forth.
(d) A glass of mead.
6. Where does Act 4, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Westminster Cathedral.
(c) York Castle.
(d) The palace of the Archbishop.
7. Who helps save the King's life on the battlefield?
(a) The Prince.
8. Who calls Falstaff's men beggars?
(a) The Prince.
(c) The King.
9. How does the Prince say he made amends with is father?
(a) Promised to arrest Falstaff.
(b) Pledged his allegiance to the crown.
(c) Repaid the stolen money.
(d) Made plans for war.
10. What does Hotspur propose to do about the King's offer?
(a) Reject it out of hand.
(b) Think on it overnight and send a reply in the morning.
(c) Ask for further definition of the terms.
(d) Accept it with humble gratitude.
11. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
(a) Surrender fully and be taken prisoner.
(b) Unknit the churlish knot of war.
(c) Meet on the battle field at full tilt.
(d) Move the battle to a more level place.
12. In Act 4, Scene 4, what is the Archbishop sending out?
(a) Letters to those who might support the rebels.
(b) Complaints to his priests and bishops.
(c) Mail to relatives he longs to see.
(d) Political deals to small landowners.
13. Who goes with Worcester to the King's camp?
14. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
(a) He is always cheerful.
(b) He carries a lamp with him always.
(c) Bardolph has a very red face.
(d) Because of his hot temper.
15. What does Prince Henry ask Falstaff to give him during battle?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A shield.
(d) A rag.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the King, what time of day is it in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What has Prince Hal done for Falstaff?
3. According to the Prince, what is the weather like on the day of battle?
4. What interrupts the argument when Hotspur wants to go to battle without waiting?
5. How many allies do not meet with Hotspur in battle?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)