|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Falstaff ask to cheer him up when he is in the tavern without the Prince?
2. Why is the Hostess, Mistress Quickly, so insulted?
(a) Falstaff claims a pickpocket has been at the tavern.
(b) The innkeeper thinks she is asleep while standing.
(c) Francis claims she cannot carry glasses to customers.
(d) Falstaff won't sit and drink with her.
3. What does Falstaff say was stolen from him in the tavern?
(a) A seal ring.
(b) His journal.
(c) A jewel.
(d) His purse.
4. Who is on the battlefield disguised as King Henry?
(a) The Douglas.
(b) Sir Walter Blunt.
(c) Prince of Wales.
(d) Sir John Falstaff.
5. What is the family relationship between Hotspur and Vernon?
(c) Nephew and Uncle.
6. In Act 4, Scene 4, what is the Archbishop sending out?
(a) Mail to relatives he longs to see.
(b) Letters to those who might support the rebels.
(c) Political deals to small landowners.
(d) Complaints to his priests and bishops.
7. What does the Prince compliment about Hotspur's nature?
(a) His leadership.
(b) His daring.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His pride.
8. What does Falstaff claim the pickpocket took?
(a) His reputation.
(b) Money and his grandfather's seal ring.
(c) A flask of sack.
(d) The cash he stole from the travelers.
9. What does the King call Worcester when he first arrives?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A rebel.
(c) An old friend.
(d) A soldier.
10. Who pledges to kill the King in battle?
11. Who is with the Prince when he enters the tavern after being called away?
12. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
13. What biblical character does Falstaff use to describe his ragged soldiers?
(d) Virgin Mary.
14. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
(b) They have the same first name.
(c) Jack of all trades.
15. How does the Prince say he made amends with is father?
(a) Repaid the stolen money.
(b) Promised to arrest Falstaff.
(c) Pledged his allegiance to the crown.
(d) Made plans for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Hotspur want to write his counter-offer?
2. What comment does Falstaff make upon finding a dead soldier?
3. How many men are in the King's army?
4. What does Falstaff do when he learns who has robbed him?
5. What is Falstaff worried about while in the tavern without the Prince?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)