|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to bring the counter-offer to the King?
(d) Henry Percy.
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, when does Hotspur want to attack the king?
(a) He wants the king to attack first.
(b) In several weeks time.
(c) Never, he seeks peace.
3. Who is on the battlefield disguised as King Henry?
(a) Sir Walter Blunt.
(b) Prince of Wales.
(c) Sir John Falstaff.
(d) The Douglas.
4. What does Sir Walter Blunt bring from the King?
(a) Invitation to meet on the battlefield at once.
(b) A letter of apology.
(c) An offer of pardon for the rebels and their men.
(d) Strong words of condemnation.
5. What does the trumpet sound out?
(a) The battle is over and done.
(c) Parley as a messenger comes from the King to the rebels.
(d) Sneak attack by the King.
6. What does Falstaff say is pricking at him before the battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His honor.
(c) His courage.
(d) His fear.
7. Who kills Hotspur?
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
8. Who has Hotspur sent from the rebel camp to meet with the King?
(a) Archbishop of York.
(b) Lady Percy and Lady Mortimer.
(c) Worcester and Vernon.
(d) Sir John and Francis.
9. Who throws defiance down before the King to start the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(c) Prince Hal.
10. Why does Worcester not want to tell Hotspur about the offer of pardon?
(a) He does not believe the King.
(b) He wants to fight.
(c) He is afraid Hotspur will accept.
(d) He knows they will be punished in another way.
11. What does Douglas mean when he says "like Hydra's heads"?
(a) Kings are weak as water.
(b) For one King cut down two grow up.
(c) The King does not use his head.
(d) His sword is drawn to royalty.
12. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
(a) He must deliver a message.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is the heir.
13. Who does Falstaff blame for the sorry state of his soldiers?
(b) The Prince.
(d) The King.
14. What does Falstaff have to offer the Prince during the battle?
15. Who helps save the King's life on the battlefield?
(c) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
2. Who tries to convince Hotspur to wait before going into battle?
3. Who does Blunt say he is when in battle?
4. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
5. What is Falstaff sent off to gather up?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)