|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What biblical character does Falstaff use to describe his ragged soldiers?
(a) Virgin Mary.
2. How many men are in the King's army?
3. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
(a) They have the same first name.
(c) Jack of all trades.
4. What does Prince Henry ask Falstaff to give him during battle?
(a) A shield.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A rag.
5. What does Douglas name Hotspur?
(a) Sword bearer.
(b) King of Honor.
(c) Fire Warrior.
(d) Bringer of Bains.
6. What is the family relationship between Hotspur and Vernon?
(b) Nephew and Uncle.
7. How does the Prince describe Falstaff's men?
(a) Swine keepers.
(b) Wavering as if drunk.
(c) God's other army.
(d) Pitiful rascals.
8. How does Falstaff survive his battle with Douglas?
(a) He pretends to be dead.
(b) He uses a small knife.
(c) He calls his men to help.
(d) He offers a treaty.
9. What does the second messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
(a) News that the King comes forth.
(b) His horse.
(c) News that the King has retreated.
(d) A glass of mead.
10. Where do the ragged soldiers find shirts to wear?
(a) From those who fall in battle.
(b) They will go without shirts.
(c) Falstaff will purchase shirts in Saint Albans.
(d) On the hedge where the linen is put to dry.
11. Who nearly defeats the King in battle?
12. What does the Prince of Wales off the rebels in place of a full pitched battle?
(a) Delay of battle for one month.
(b) Celebration of England's heritage.
(c) Solo combat between himself and Hotspur.
(d) Hand to hand combat only.
13. What city are Falstaff and Bardolph near at the beginning of Act 4?
14. Who helps save the King's life on the battlefield?
(b) The Prince.
15. What does Falstaff do when he learns who has robbed him?
(a) Apologizes to the mistress.
(b) Cries for justice.
(c) Laughs out loud.
(d) Punches the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long must Glendower wait before he can bring his army to Shrewbury?
2. When does Falstaff hope to arrive at the battle?
3. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 Falstaff is worried about what?
4. Who is the Archbishop sending letters to?
5. Who calls the rebels to arms?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)