|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Sir John of Lancaster and Prince of Wales?
2. Who goes with Worcester to the King's camp?
3. How many men ride with the Earl of Westmoreland?
4. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
5. Who calls the rebels to arms?
6. Where does Act 4, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The palace of the Archbishop.
(b) York Castle.
(c) Westminster Cathedral.
7. What does Prince Henry ask Falstaff to give him during battle?
(a) A rag.
(b) A sword.
(c) A shield.
(d) A knife.
8. Why does Worcester not want to tell Hotspur about the offer of pardon?
(a) He does not believe the King.
(b) He knows they will be punished in another way.
(c) He is afraid Hotspur will accept.
(d) He wants to fight.
9. What does the trumpet sound out?
(a) The battle is over and done.
(b) Sneak attack by the King.
(d) Parley as a messenger comes from the King to the rebels.
10. Which of the following have not pulled out of Hotspur's service?
(d) The Archbishop.
11. What does the person telling Hotspur about Lancaster say he heard the Prince compare himself to?
(a) A mighty wave.
(b) The Sun.
(c) A lion.
12. How does Falstaff survive his battle with Douglas?
(a) He pretends to be dead.
(b) He uses a small knife.
(c) He offers a treaty.
(d) He calls his men to help.
13. What has Prince Hal done for Falstaff?
(a) Paid back the money Falstaff stole.
(b) Brought a stallion for Falstaff to ride in battle.
(c) Found a regiment for Falstaff to join.
(d) Arranged for travel to Kent.
14. What does Sir Walter Blunt bring from the King?
(a) Invitation to meet on the battlefield at once.
(b) An offer of pardon for the rebels and their men.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) Strong words of condemnation.
15. What does Falstaff have to offer the Prince during the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff do when he learns who has robbed him?
2. What comment does Falstaff make upon finding a dead soldier?
3. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
4. What word does Hotpsur use to describe the Prince when he hears that Lancaster is marching?
5. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)