|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 4, what is the Archbishop sending out?
(a) Mail to relatives he longs to see.
(b) Letters to those who might support the rebels.
(c) Complaints to his priests and bishops.
(d) Political deals to small landowners.
2. Why does Worcester not want to tell Hotspur about the offer of pardon?
(a) He knows they will be punished in another way.
(b) He wants to fight.
(c) He does not believe the King.
(d) He is afraid Hotspur will accept.
3. Who is concerned about Northumberland not coming to the battle?
4. What does Douglas name Hotspur?
(a) Fire Warrior.
(b) King of Honor.
(c) Sword bearer.
(d) Bringer of Bains.
5. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
(a) Unknit the churlish knot of war.
(b) Surrender fully and be taken prisoner.
(c) Meet on the battle field at full tilt.
(d) Move the battle to a more level place.
6. How many people wearing the king's coats does Douglas kill?
7. How does the Prince describe Falstaff's men?
(a) Swine keepers.
(b) God's other army.
(c) Wavering as if drunk.
(d) Pitiful rascals.
8. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
9. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
(b) Jack of all trades.
(d) They have the same first name.
10. Who does the Archbishop think is favored in the Battle at Shrewsbury?
(a) Hotspur and Northumberland.
(b) The Scots.
(c) Percy and his rebels.
(d) The King and his army.
11. Where does the Archbishop live?
12. Who does Vernon think is a good chance for the country?
(a) The Prince.
13. Who nearly defeats the King in battle?
14. What does Worcester say the King did not express during their meeting?
15. What does Fallstaff send Bardolph to purchase at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Horse Grain.
(c) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince say he made amends with is father?
2. What is the emblem of the Prince of Wales?
3. Who tries to convince Hotspur to wait before going into battle?
4. Who calls the rebels to arms?
5. What does the Prince offer to do to save lives?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)