|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has King Henry IV treated Hotspur's father, Northumberland?
(a) As a brother to be honored and revered.
(b) Renamed him Bard of Umbertown, an insult.
(c) Dismissed Northumberland from the royal court.
(d) Gave him the illness that he suffers now.
2. Which of the following have not pulled out of Hotspur's service?
(c) The Archbishop.
3. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 Falstaff is worried about what?
(a) Losing at cards.
(b) Having smallpox.
(c) Becoming too thin.
(d) Going to war.
4. What announces the arrival of Worcester?
(a) A drum.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A thunderclap.
5. Why is the Archbishop fearful of Hotspur failing?
(a) He hates the King.
(b) He is in alliance with Hotspur.
(c) He was promised a promotion if Hotspur won.
(d) His land will be taken away.
6. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
(a) He is the heir.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He must deliver a message.
7. What does Sir Walter Blunt bring from the King?
(a) A letter of apology.
(b) Strong words of condemnation.
(c) Invitation to meet on the battlefield at once.
(d) An offer of pardon for the rebels and their men.
8. What does Prince Hal want from Falstaff when they meet in battle?
(a) His sword.
(b) His allegiance.
(c) Kind words and encouragement.
(d) Bottle of sack.
9. Who brings an offer from the King to Hotspur?
(c) The Prince.
10. Where does Act 4, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Westminster Cathedral.
(c) York Castle.
(d) The palace of the Archbishop.
11. What does the second messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
(a) News that the King comes forth.
(b) His horse.
(c) News that the King has retreated.
(d) A glass of mead.
12. What does Falstaff claim the pickpocket took?
(a) Money and his grandfather's seal ring.
(b) His reputation.
(c) The cash he stole from the travelers.
(d) A flask of sack.
13. What does Falstaff ask the mistress of the tavern when the Prince is not with him?
(a) If she has received the money the Prince was to send.
(b) If she knows where his purse is.
(c) If she has found out who stole his money.
(d) If she has considered his offer.
14. How does the Prince describe Falstaff's men?
(a) Wavering as if drunk.
(b) Pitiful rascals.
(c) God's other army.
(d) Swine keepers.
15. Where is Falstaff to meet Prince Hal to receive orders and equipment?
(b) Temple Hall.
(c) Eastcheap Tavern.
(d) Windsor Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blunt say he is when in battle?
2. What does the trumpet sound out?
3. Where do the ragged soldiers find shirts to wear?
4. Who identifies Blunt's dead body?
5. Who picked Falstaff's pockets?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)