|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vernon describe the Prince of Wales in his armor?
(a) Astride a stallion riding like the wind.
(b) As if an angel dropped down from the clouds.
(c) Amongst the men, a leader rising up.
(d) All decked in gold and shining as the sun.
2. What is Falstaff doing when he is robbed?
3. Why does Worcester not want to tell Hotspur about the offer of pardon?
(a) He knows they will be punished in another way.
(b) He does not believe the King.
(c) He wants to fight.
(d) He is afraid Hotspur will accept.
4. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
(a) He must deliver a message.
(b) He is the heir.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is wounded.
5. What does Falstaff do when he learns who has robbed him?
(a) Cries for justice.
(b) Punches the Prince.
(c) Laughs out loud.
(d) Apologizes to the mistress.
6. What is unusual about the last two lines Falstaff utters in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Falstaff is being quite serious.
(b) The two lines are nonsensical.
(c) He is speaking in iambic pentameter blank verse.
(d) He sings the lines.
7. What does Worcester say the King did not express during their meeting?
8. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) They've been surprisingly victorious in battle.
(b) They have run away.
(c) They turned on Falstaff and chased him away.
(d) Most have been killed.
9. What does Falstaff have to offer the Prince during the battle?
10. Who pledges to kill the King in battle?
11. Who challenges Hotspur to combat before the battle?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The King.
12. How has King Henry IV treated Hotspur's father, Northumberland?
(a) Dismissed Northumberland from the royal court.
(b) Gave him the illness that he suffers now.
(c) As a brother to be honored and revered.
(d) Renamed him Bard of Umbertown, an insult.
13. Who throws defiance down before the King to start the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(c) Prince Hal.
14. Who nearly defeats the King in battle?
15. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
(b) They have the same first name.
(c) Jack of all trades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff say was stolen from him in the tavern?
2. Who goes with Worcester to the King's camp?
3. What does the first messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
4. How does Northumberland let Hotspur know that he will not be coming to battle?
5. What interrupts the argument when Hotspur wants to go to battle without waiting?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)