|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has King Henry IV treated Hotspur's father, Northumberland?
(a) Dismissed Northumberland from the royal court.
(b) Gave him the illness that he suffers now.
(c) Renamed him Bard of Umbertown, an insult.
(d) As a brother to be honored and revered.
2. What does Falstaff say is pricking at him before the battle?
(a) His fear.
(b) His honor.
(c) His courage.
(d) His stomach.
3. Who challenges Hotspur to combat before the battle?
(b) The Prince.
(d) The King.
4. What is the family relationship between Hotspur and Vernon?
(d) Nephew and Uncle.
5. What does the Archbishop fear a rebel defeat at Shrewsbury will mean for him personally?
(a) The King will be killed and Hotspur will ascend to the throne.
(b) God will judge the King harshly for the murder of Richard II.
(c) The King will discover the Archbishop's confederacy with the rebels.
(d) France will see an opening in the chaos of England's battles.
6. How does Vernon describe the Prince of Wales in his armor?
(a) Astride a stallion riding like the wind.
(b) Amongst the men, a leader rising up.
(c) All decked in gold and shining as the sun.
(d) As if an angel dropped down from the clouds.
7. What does the Prince offer to do to save lives?
(a) Lead the battle himself.
(b) Battle Hotspur alone.
(c) Write a treaty.
(d) Give his heirship to Hotspur.
8. How many men are in the King's army?
9. What do the rebels estimate the size of the King's army to be?
10. Who calls Falstaff's men beggars?
(c) The Prince.
(d) The King.
11. How many men are marching with Lancaster?
12. What is the previous relationship of the King and the rebels?
(a) Bitter adversaries in the 30 Years War.
(b) Cousins in the same family.
(c) Comrades in the fight against Richard II.
(d) Irishmen who had immigrated together.
13. What has Westmoreland been held by the rebels for?
(a) Prisoner of war.
(c) Safe return of Worcester and Vernon.
(d) Treachery and Betrayal.
14. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
15. Why does Worcester hesitate to offer the King's pardon to Hotspur?
(a) Worcester doesn't trust Henry IV.
(b) He wants to fight and kill.
(c) Hotspur needs battle experience.
(d) Hotspur must be sacrificed through battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 Falstaff is worried about what?
2. What word does Hotpsur use to describe the Prince when he hears that Lancaster is marching?
3. What does the person telling Hotspur about Lancaster say he heard the Prince compare himself to?
4. Who does the Archbishop give letters to?
5. What is the relationship of Sir John of Lancaster and Prince of Wales?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)