|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Douglas say he wants to murder the King's wardrobe?
(a) The King has terrible taste in clothing.
(b) Douglas is an anti-monarchist and wants to abolish royalty.
(c) Many decoys are in the battle dressed in King's clothes.
(d) Douglas is angry and wants to tear things up.
2. What does Falstaff say the item stolen from him was worth?
(a) 40 golden pieces.
(b) 40 marks.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 40 silver pieces.
3. What ethnic background is Douglas?
4. How has King Henry IV treated Hotspur's father, Northumberland?
(a) As a brother to be honored and revered.
(b) Renamed him Bard of Umbertown, an insult.
(c) Gave him the illness that he suffers now.
(d) Dismissed Northumberland from the royal court.
5. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) God is on the side of the rebels.
(b) The rebels will rule the day for they are in the right.
(c) The King is overconfident and will make mistakes.
(d) Because Douglas and Mortimer are there.
6. Why does Hotspur's father not come to the battle at Shrewsbury?
(a) His father is a traitor.
(b) He's been killed by Glouster.
(c) He claims he is sick.
(d) Hotspur's father is extremely old.
7. Who challenges Hotspur to combat before the battle?
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
8. What city are Falstaff and Bardolph near at the beginning of Act 4?
9. Who is on the battlefield disguised as King Henry?
(a) Sir John Falstaff.
(b) The Douglas.
(c) Sir Walter Blunt.
(d) Prince of Wales.
10. Who does Blunt say he is when in battle?
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
11. Who tries to convince Hotspur to wait before going into battle?
12. Where is Falstaff to meet Prince Hal to receive orders and equipment?
(b) Temple Hall.
(c) Eastcheap Tavern.
(d) Windsor Castle.
13. What does the Archbishop fear a rebel defeat at Shrewsbury will mean for him personally?
(a) The King will discover the Archbishop's confederacy with the rebels.
(b) France will see an opening in the chaos of England's battles.
(c) God will judge the King harshly for the murder of Richard II.
(d) The King will be killed and Hotspur will ascend to the throne.
14. What does Worcester say the King did not express during their meeting?
15. What does the mistress do after the truth of the robbery is made known?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Pours more beer.
(c) Demands the money.
(d) Leaves the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Falstaff's rag-o-muffin troops during the Battle of Shrewsbury?
2. Why is Northumberland unable to assist Hotspur?
3. Who is the Archbishop sending letters to?
4. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
5. What are Hotspur's last words?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)