|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
(a) Because of his hot temper.
(b) He carries a lamp with him always.
(c) He is always cheerful.
(d) Bardolph has a very red face.
2. What announces the arrival of Worcester?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A thunderclap.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A drum.
3. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
(a) Unknit the churlish knot of war.
(b) Surrender fully and be taken prisoner.
(c) Move the battle to a more level place.
(d) Meet on the battle field at full tilt.
4. How does the Prince say he made amends with is father?
(a) Pledged his allegiance to the crown.
(b) Promised to arrest Falstaff.
(c) Made plans for war.
(d) Repaid the stolen money.
5. What does the Prince offer to do to save lives?
(a) Write a treaty.
(b) Give his heirship to Hotspur.
(c) Battle Hotspur alone.
(d) Lead the battle himself.
6. Why is Northumberland unable to assist Hotspur?
(a) His wife just died.
(b) He has been captured.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is afraid.
7. Who kills Hotspur?
(a) The King.
(d) The Prince.
8. What letters does Bardolph take from Prince Hal?
(a) Letters to John and the Earl of Westmorland.
(b) Letters to his mother and sisters.
(c) Letters of introduction and support.
(d) Letters to his father, the King.
9. Who is happy that Northumberland is not coming to the battle?
10. Who brings an offer from the King to Hotspur?
(d) The Prince.
11. Who does the Archbishop think is favored in the Battle at Shrewsbury?
(a) The King and his army.
(b) The Scots.
(c) Percy and his rebels.
(d) Hotspur and Northumberland.
12. What does Hotspur propose to do about the King's offer?
(a) Ask for further definition of the terms.
(b) Reject it out of hand.
(c) Think on it overnight and send a reply in the morning.
(d) Accept it with humble gratitude.
13. What comment does Falstaff make upon finding a dead soldier?
(a) Better thou than I!
(b) Art thou dead or just pretending?
(c) There's honor for you!
(d) Here makes a pretty mess!
14. What does the trumpet sound out?
(a) Parley as a messenger comes from the King to the rebels.
(b) The battle is over and done.
(d) Sneak attack by the King.
15. What has Westmoreland been held by the rebels for?
(a) Treachery and Betrayal.
(b) Safe return of Worcester and Vernon.
(c) Prisoner of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Worcester not want to tell Hotspur about the offer of pardon?
2. How does Northumberland let Hotspur know that he will not be coming to battle?
3. What city are Falstaff and Bardolph near at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Who appears to save the King from certain death?
5. Who does Hotspur want the King to ransom when the offer is sent by the King?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)