|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who robs Falstaff?
(a) The Prince.
(c) The mistress.
2. Why is Prince Henry asked to withdraw from battle?
(a) He is the heir.
(b) He must deliver a message.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is young.
3. What does Falstaff claim the pickpocket took?
(a) Money and his grandfather's seal ring.
(b) His reputation.
(c) The cash he stole from the travelers.
(d) A flask of sack.
4. How does the playwright list the Archbishop under the Dramatis Personae?
(a) Richard Scroop, Archbishop of York.
(b) Archbishop York of London.
(c) Scroop of York.
(d) Cousin to Henry, Archbishop of York.
5. How long must Glendower wait before he can bring his army to Shrewbury?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) A year.
(d) Two weeks.
6. What does the King hope the messenger will agree to?
(a) Unknit the churlish knot of war.
(b) Meet on the battle field at full tilt.
(c) Surrender fully and be taken prisoner.
(d) Move the battle to a more level place.
7. How many people wearing the king's coats does Douglas kill?
8. Who has Hotspur sent from the rebel camp to meet with the King?
(a) Sir John and Francis.
(b) Lady Percy and Lady Mortimer.
(c) Worcester and Vernon.
(d) Archbishop of York.
9. Why does Sir Michael believe the rebel forces will win at the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Because Douglas and Mortimer are there.
(b) God is on the side of the rebels.
(c) The King is overconfident and will make mistakes.
(d) The rebels will rule the day for they are in the right.
10. Who is with the Prince when he enters the tavern after being called away?
11. How does Northumberland let Hotspur know that he will not be coming to battle?
(a) He sends a messenger.
(b) He writes a letter.
(c) He comes himself.
(d) He sends a coded epistle.
12. When Falstaff and the Prince call each other "Jack" what do they mean?
(a) Jack of all trades.
(c) They have the same first name.
13. What does the Prince of Wales off the rebels in place of a full pitched battle?
(a) Hand to hand combat only.
(b) Solo combat between himself and Hotspur.
(c) Delay of battle for one month.
(d) Celebration of England's heritage.
14. Why is the Archbishop fearful of Hotspur failing?
(a) His land will be taken away.
(b) He was promised a promotion if Hotspur won.
(c) He hates the King.
(d) He is in alliance with Hotspur.
15. Where is Falstaff to meet Prince Hal to receive orders and equipment?
(a) Temple Hall.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Eastcheap Tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following have not pulled out of Hotspur's service?
2. Why does Worcester not want to tell Hotspur about the offer of pardon?
3. What biblical character does Falstaff use to describe his ragged soldiers?
4. What does Falstaff ask the mistress of the tavern when the Prince is not with him?
5. What does Prince Hal want from Falstaff when they meet in battle?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)