|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To meet with Hotspur.
(b) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(c) European trade talks.
(d) To plan the counter attack against France.
2. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
(a) A false companion.
(b) A false thief.
(c) A false friend.
(d) A false Prince.
3. What does Falstaff say there are no more of on the earth?
(a) Good men.
(b) Virtuous women.
(c) Mild children.
(d) Honorable families.
4. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
(a) By the Virgin Mary.
(b) Marriage is to be avoided.
(c) Merry times will be had by all.
(d) Marry me.
5. Why does Francis have five more years to serve?
(a) Francis is 75 years old.
(b) Francis is on house arrest.
(c) In five years he will retire.
(d) He is an apprentice and must serve 7 years total.
6. Where does Hotspur's wife say she has been banished from?
(a) Her husband's heart.
(b) Her husband's bed.
(d) The kitchen.
7. What does Falstaff say the Prince has done to win Falstaff's love?
(a) Medicated him.
(b) Paid him.
(c) Intimidated him.
(d) Bewitched him.
8. Who announces to Gadshill that the travelers are coming?
9. Where is the tavern that the Prince frequents?
10. What does the Prince say happens to money stolen on Monday night?
(a) It is returned by Wednesday night.
(b) It is spent by Tuesday morning.
(c) It is cursed to him who stole it.
(d) It is stolen again by the next Monday.
11. What time is it when Gadhill enters at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
12. Who robs the thieves?
(a) Prince Hal and Poins.
(b) Sheriff John and his men.
(c) The Ostler.
(d) Chamberlain and carriers.
13. Who has the King lost patience with?
(b) Hotspur and the rebels.
(c) His wife and daughters.
(d) Sir Walter Blunt.
14. Which horse does Hotspur want to ride?
(a) Black Stallion.
(b) Palladin with white tail.
(c) Roan with the crop-ear.
(d) Battle mare.
15. Who is it that actually takes Falstaff's stolen booty?
(b) Sheriff's men.
(c) Prince and Poins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the uncle of Hotspur?
2. What is Hybla?
3. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
4. Why does Hotspur plan to slip away without saying goodbye?
5. Who does Falstaff think will convince the Prince to help him with the robbery?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)