|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the King lost patience with?
(a) His wife and daughters.
(b) Hotspur and the rebels.
(d) Sir Walter Blunt.
2. Does Hotspur love his wife?
(a) He won't say.
(b) He loves her infinitely.
(c) He loves another woman.
(d) No, he wants to leave her.
3. Who does Hotspur's wife suspect of manipulating her husband?
(a) King Henry IV.
(d) Her own sister.
4. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
(a) Battlefield in Avon.
(b) London palace.
(c) Shrewsbury court.
(d) Bishop's copse.
5. What do the carriers want the Ostler to do for them?
(a) Bring them some ale.
(b) Fill their bags.
(c) Load their wagons.
(d) Prepare their horses.
6. What news has Blunt?
(a) Time for peace has come.
(b) Earl of Westmoreland has died.
(c) Bridgenorth has fallen to the rebels.
(d) The rebels will meet them at Shrewsbury.
7. Is the interview between King Henry and Prince Hal written in blank verse or prose?
(b) Both styles.
(c) Blank Verse.
(d) It is written in Gallic.
8. When is Michaelmas?
(a) September 29, Feast day of St. Michael.
(b) January 1st, New Year's Day.
(c) December 25, Christmas.
(d) January 6, Epiphany.
9. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
(a) Peace and light.
(b) Civil war is at hand.
(c) Prosperity and plenty.
(d) Excited at the prospect of a general election.
10. When is Lady Percy to follow Hotspur when he leaves her?
(a) The next day.
(b) When he writes to her.
(d) The next week.
11. How many of Mortimer's men are killed in the battle against Glendower?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Every single one of them.
(d) Countless hundreds.
12. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
(a) The high court judge.
(b) The hangmen.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A prison keeper.
13. Who is the King envious of at the beginning of the book?
(b) Henry Percy.
(c) Henry Blunt.
14. Who interrupts Hotspur in his verbal attacks on the king?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His servant.
(d) His uncle.
15. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) It was lost on the way back.
(b) A great group of thieves took if from them.
(c) Poins hid it.
(d) He spent it on women and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of building does the beginning of Act 2 take place in?
2. Who robs the thieves?
3. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
4. What is a red-breast-teacher?
5. How many men really attack Falstaff?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)