|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff say men who steal purses should be named when the Prince is King?
2. How does Gadshill's informant say Gadshill will die?
3. What time is it when Gadhill enters at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
4. What is a red-breast-teacher?
(a) Headmaster at a girl's college.
(b) One who teaches singing to songbirds.
(c) An expert who cannot read but can write.
(d) Robin Redbreast in spring.
5. What angers the King most about Henry Percy?
(a) His disloyalty.
(b) His power.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His pride.
6. What is Poins first name?
(b) Sir John.
7. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) It was lost on the way back.
(b) He spent it on women and wine.
(c) Poins hid it.
(d) A great group of thieves took if from them.
8. Who announces to Gadshill that the travelers are coming?
9. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
(a) By God shall I succeed.
(b) God bless it.
(c) I am a God.
(d) God save me.
10. How does the King say he won his crown?
(a) By being strong and present.
(b) By being intelligent and witty.
(c) By being humble and sober.
(d) By being compassionate and religious.
11. What do the carriers want the Ostler to do for them?
(a) Prepare their horses.
(b) Load their wagons.
(c) Bring them some ale.
(d) Fill their bags.
12. Who does Falstaff think will convince the Prince to help him with the robbery?
(a) The King.
(d) Mistress Quickly.
13. What is Moorditch?
(a) Horrific prison for debtors.
(b) Feeling blue and sad.
(c) Natural chasm in the middle of Sussex.
(d) Foul drainage ditch in London.
14. Who murders Richard II?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) The Douglas.
(d) Richard III.
15. What Roman god does the King compare Hotspur to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
2. What does Hotspur admit to his wife before he leaves again?
3. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
4. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)