|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
2. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
(a) Lady of Glynth.
(b) Bonnie Lass.
(d) Lady Hotspur.
3. What does Falstaff say has ruined his reputation?
(a) His scandal with the tavern mistress.
(b) His association with the Prince.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His time in prison.
4. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
(a) Peace and light.
(b) Prosperity and plenty.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a general election.
(d) Civil war is at hand.
5. What does Hotspur tell his wife when she asks about his plans?
(a) He is leaving that day.
(b) He will follow his father.
(c) He will be king.
(d) He will kill the King.
6. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
7. What has Lady Percy been banished from?
(a) The palace.
(b) The front lines.
(c) Her husband's bed.
8. What is the situation in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Falstaff is to be hanged.
(b) Prince Hal is being crowned King of England.
(c) Henry IV is disinheriting his eldest son.
(d) Prince Hal has returned to his father's court.
9. What is Lady Percy insisting her husband tell her?
(a) What she can do for him.
(b) What his plan is.
(c) What is bothering him.
(d) Where he is going.
10. What fault is pointed out to Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His Youth.
(b) His fear.
(c) His Pride.
(d) His weakness.
11. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
(a) Henry Percy.
(d) King Richard.
12. What is Hybla?
(a) Romanian honey wine.
(b) Greek source of butter tarts.
(c) Sicilian source of fine honey.
(d) Parisian honey butter.
13. Why does Francis have five more years to serve?
(a) Francis is 75 years old.
(b) In five years he will retire.
(c) Francis is on house arrest.
(d) He is an apprentice and must serve 7 years total.
14. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
(a) Sir John means he is Welsh born.
(b) He is a knight.
(c) Falstaff wanted to sound more royal.
(d) He stole the name from Sir John Framer.
15. What news has Blunt?
(a) The rebels will meet them at Shrewsbury.
(b) Earl of Westmoreland has died.
(c) Time for peace has come.
(d) Bridgenorth has fallen to the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Falstaff claimed attacked him?
2. What does Glendower do that annoys Hotspur?
3. Who announces to Gadshill that the travelers are coming?
4. What does Poins steal from Falstaff?
5. What kind of building does the beginning of Act 2 take place in?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)