|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Saint Nicholas' clerks?
(a) Keeper of heaven's gate.
(c) Bringers of cheer.
(d) Chimney sweeps.
2. What is Falstaff's first name?
3. What does Francis give to the Prince as a gift?
4. Whose money do the travelers have?
(a) The Army's.
(b) The Sheriff's.
(c) The Prince's.
(d) The King's.
5. What does Hotspur tell his wife when she asks about his plans?
(a) He will follow his father.
(b) He will kill the King.
(c) He is leaving that day.
(d) He will be king.
6. What does the King scold his son for?
(a) His bad behavior.
(b) His bad speech.
(c) His poor appearance.
(d) His poor marks in school.
7. Who has the King lost patience with?
(a) Hotspur and the rebels.
(b) His wife and daughters.
(d) Sir Walter Blunt.
8. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
(a) Slit their throats and toss the bodies off the cliff.
(b) Beat them senseless.
(c) Kill them and take their gold.
(d) Rob them and bind them.
9. What fault is pointed out to Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His fear.
(b) His Youth.
(c) His weakness.
(d) His Pride.
10. How does the daughter of Glendower say goodbye to her husband before the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Rests her husband's head in her lap and sings to him.
(b) Dances to a Welsh lullaby.
(c) Runs out when she realizes her husband only speaks English.
(d) Begs her father to take her back to Ireland.
11. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
(a) Shrewsbury court.
(b) Battlefield in Avon.
(c) Bishop's copse.
(d) London palace.
12. What does Falstaff call the travelers?
(a) Writers of tall tales.
(b) Miners of no great worth.
(c) Window-less, mind-less, blank chumps.
(d) Bacon-fed, fat chuffs, gorebellied knaves.
13. Is the interview between King Henry and Prince Hal written in blank verse or prose?
(a) It is written in Gallic.
(b) Blank Verse.
(c) Both styles.
14. Who has taken the Prince's place on the council?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
15. What does Hotspur admit to his wife before he leaves again?
(a) He loves her.
(b) She is his life.
(c) He is divorcing her.
(d) She will be queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who corroborates Hotspur's account of what happened with the well-dressed man on the battlefield?
2. Who does Gadshill say will die with him?
3. Where does Prince Henry own an apartment?
4. What kind of horse does Gadshill own?
5. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)