|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King fear that the Prince has lost?
(a) The trust of the nation.
(b) His princely privilege.
(c) A strong morality.
(d) Years of learning and study.
2. What does the King scold his son for?
(a) His bad behavior.
(b) His bad speech.
(c) His poor marks in school.
(d) His poor appearance.
3. What does Hotspur say would shame the Devil?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Singing a hymn.
(c) Repenting of murder.
(d) Going to church.
4. Where is the council meeting in Scene 3?
(a) Northumberland's chambers.
(b) High Court in London.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Lady Glendower's palace.
5. Where is the house Hotspur goes to at the beginning of Act 3?
6. Whose house does Hotspur meet at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The General's.
(c) The Pope's.
(d) The Archdeacon's.
7. What time is the "first cock?"
(b) Six a.m.
8. What does the Prince want to be praised for after the war?
(a) His valor.
(b) His name.
(c) His courage.
(d) His intellect.
9. What does the ostler do?
(a) Brings in kegs of wine and ale.
(b) Has the keys to all rooms in the Inn.
(c) Hustles up more business for the Inn.
(d) Takes care of horses.
10. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He respects him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He hates him.
11. What is Moorditch?
(a) Foul drainage ditch in London.
(b) Horrific prison for debtors.
(c) Feeling blue and sad.
(d) Natural chasm in the middle of Sussex.
12. What does Falstaff do to support his false story?
(a) Bruised himself.
(b) Cut his arm.
(c) Tore his clothes.
(d) Damaged his sword.
13. What does Falstaff say has ruined his reputation?
(a) His time in prison.
(b) His occupation.
(c) His association with the Prince.
(d) His scandal with the tavern mistress.
14. Whose money do the travelers have?
(a) The Army's.
(b) The Prince's.
(c) The Sheriff's.
(d) The King's.
15. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
(a) Henry Percy.
(b) King Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author of the letter telling Hotspur?
2. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
3. What is the situation in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
5. What does the King fear his son will do after scolding him?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)