|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hotspur plan to slip away without saying goodbye?
(a) To avoid tears from his wife.
(b) To enhance their subtlety.
(c) To disguise their numbers.
(d) To get an early start.
2. Who is Henry Bolingbroke?
(a) Bolingbroke of Trent.
(b) King Henry IV.
(c) Landowner on the banks of Wye.
(d) Leader of the rebellion.
3. How many men really attack Falstaff?
4. What does the chamberlain tell the carriers?
(a) Breakfast is served at the second cock's crow.
(b) The weather is likely to be stormy and cold.
(c) Tickets are being sold for the horses races tomorrow.
(d) Travelers in the Inn are carrying three hundred marks in gold.
5. Who does the King order out of his sight?
(b) Princess Glendower.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Prince Hal.
6. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
(a) A false companion.
(b) A false thief.
(c) A false friend.
(d) A false Prince.
7. What is the full title of the play?
(a) Henry IV, Section A.
(b) Henry King of England, Scots and Wales.
(c) The Vaunted Life and Times of Henry.
(d) The History of Henry the Fourth Part One.
8. Who teases Falstaff about being fat in the second scene?
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
9. What does Falstaff say there are no more of on the earth?
(a) Good men.
(b) Virtuous women.
(c) Mild children.
(d) Honorable families.
10. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
11. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
12. What fault is pointed out to Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His Pride.
(b) His Youth.
(c) His fear.
(d) His weakness.
13. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
14. How many men does Falstaff claimed attacked him?
15. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
(a) Beat them senseless.
(b) Slit their throats and toss the bodies off the cliff.
(c) Kill them and take their gold.
(d) Rob them and bind them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
2. What is the author of the letter telling Hotspur?
3. Who announces to Gadshill that the travelers are coming?
4. Where does Hotspur's wife say she has been banished from?
5. What does Hotspur say would shame the Devil?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)