|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hotspur's wife suspect of manipulating her husband?
(a) Her own sister.
(c) King Henry IV.
2. Where does the beginning of Act 2 take place?
3. Who does the King wish was his true son?
(a) Sir Walter Blunt.
(b) Saint John.
(c) Hotspur, the young Henry Percy.
4. What does Falstaff say the Prince has done to win Falstaff's love?
(a) Medicated him.
(b) Bewitched him.
(c) Paid him.
(d) Intimidated him.
5. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
(a) His alliegance.
(b) His morale.
(c) His patience.
(d) His power.
6. Who is "The Douglas?"
(a) Welsh Noble Lord, Ralston, Head of Douglass Fen.
(b) Mortimer Douglas, ally of the Percy family.
(c) Scottish Clan Chief, Archibald, Earl of Douglass.
(d) Entire Douglass clan of Glendower.
7. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
(a) Promises to leave and never return.
(b) Wants a wife given to him immediately.
(c) Apologizes for the offenses of his youth.
(d) Demands his due share of the kingdom.
8. What job does Francis do?
(a) Shoes horses in the stable.
(b) Security at the inn.
(c) Draws portraits of guests at the Inn.
(d) Drawer, he fills drinks for customers.
9. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role play at?
(a) Vintner and Drawer.
(b) Return of Prince Hal to his father next day.
(c) Prince Hal becoming King.
(d) Battle of Shrewsbury.
10. How does the King say he won his crown?
(a) By being humble and sober.
(b) By being intelligent and witty.
(c) By being strong and present.
(d) By being compassionate and religious.
11. Who is Glendower's daughter married to?
(d) Falstaff's son.
12. What fault is pointed out to Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His Pride.
(b) His fear.
(c) His Youth.
(d) His weakness.
13. How does the daughter of Glendower say goodbye to her husband before the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Runs out when she realizes her husband only speaks English.
(b) Dances to a Welsh lullaby.
(c) Rests her husband's head in her lap and sings to him.
(d) Begs her father to take her back to Ireland.
14. What does Falstaff call the travelers?
(a) Miners of no great worth.
(b) Window-less, mind-less, blank chumps.
(c) Bacon-fed, fat chuffs, gorebellied knaves.
(d) Writers of tall tales.
15. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Poins first name?
2. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
3. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
4. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
5. Who does Westmoreland blame for Henry Percy's success?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)