|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the carriers want the Ostler to do for them?
(a) Prepare their horses.
(b) Load their wagons.
(c) Bring them some ale.
(d) Fill their bags.
2. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
(a) Slit their throats and toss the bodies off the cliff.
(b) Rob them and bind them.
(c) Beat them senseless.
(d) Kill them and take their gold.
3. Where is the tavern located?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Prince's lodging in London.
(b) Falstaff's hideaway.
(c) Wales Plains.
(d) King's palace in Exeter.
5. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
(a) Promises to leave and never return.
(b) Apologizes for the offenses of his youth.
(c) Wants a wife given to him immediately.
(d) Demands his due share of the kingdom.
6. What does Hotspur say would shame the Devil?
(a) Singing a hymn.
(b) Repenting of murder.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Going to church.
7. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
9. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
(a) What time it is.
(b) Where he is.
(c) What day it is.
(d) Where the bar wench has gone to.
10. What does Falstaff ask when he first enters the Prince's apartment?
(a) What took you so long?
(b) What time is it?
(c) Where am I?
(d) Who are you?
11. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
(a) Bawdy and risque.
(b) Written in a Cockney accent.
(c) Full of nature references.
(d) Written in prose.
12. What does the King want from Hotspur?
(a) Marriage to his daughter.
(b) Money and land.
(d) Prisoners released.
13. Who is Phoebus?
(a) Falstaff's dresser.
(b) Hal's uncle.
(c) The hostess of the Tavern.
(d) The sun.
14. What is the name of Gadshill's second man?
15. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
(a) Marriage is to be avoided.
(b) Merry times will be had by all.
(c) By the Virgin Mary.
(d) Marry me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
2. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
3. Who corroborates Hotspur's account of what happened with the well-dressed man on the battlefield?
4. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)