|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gadshill say will die with him?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The Chamberlain.
2. Where does the King say the next council will be held and when?
(a) Wednesday next at Windsor.
(b) Sunday morning on the battlefield.
(c) A fortnight from Friday at the Bishop's copse.
(d) The following winter in Exeter.
3. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
(a) He is a knight.
(b) Falstaff wanted to sound more royal.
(c) Sir John means he is Welsh born.
(d) He stole the name from Sir John Framer.
4. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
5. Who is it that actually takes Falstaff's stolen booty?
(c) Prince and Poins.
(d) Sheriff's men.
6. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) Poins hid it.
(b) A great group of thieves took if from them.
(c) It was lost on the way back.
(d) He spent it on women and wine.
7. What kind of horse does Gadshill own?
(c) Pack horse.
8. What is Moorditch?
(a) Horrific prison for debtors.
(b) Foul drainage ditch in London.
(c) Natural chasm in the middle of Sussex.
(d) Feeling blue and sad.
9. What does the Prince think Henry Percy fights for?
10. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
(b) Black birds.
(d) Dark clouds.
11. What is the name of Gadshill's second man?
12. What does the King fear that the Prince has lost?
(a) Years of learning and study.
(b) The trust of the nation.
(c) A strong morality.
(d) His princely privilege.
13. What does the King fear his son will do after scolding him?
(a) Run away from home.
(b) Join the rebels.
(c) Never fight in the war.
(d) Marry a commoner.
14. Where is the tavern located?
15. How does the Prince promise to regain his father's trust?
(a) Day by day with good deeds.
(b) He will leave and wander far from home.
(c) By passing his title to young John.
(d) By facing Hotspur in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
2. Who attacks Falstaff after the robbery?
3. What Roman god does the King compare Hotspur to?
4. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
5. What does the carrier have in his hand at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)