Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To meet with Hotspur.
(b) To plan the counter attack against France.
(c) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(d) European trade talks.
2. Who is Lady Percy married to?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) The young Henry Percy, Hotspur.
(c) Percy Smith, the Vintner.
(d) The elderly Glendower.
3. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
(a) Lady of Glynth.
(b) Lady Hotspur.
(c) Bonnie Lass.
4. Who is the Vintner?
(a) The innkeeper.
(b) Hostess of the Inn.
(c) Wine connoisseur.
(d) Bar maid.
5. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
(a) Tending to wounds.
(b) Counting the dead.
(c) Working out a new plan of attack.
(d) Rallying his men.
6. Why does Francis have five more years to serve?
(a) Francis is 75 years old.
(b) He is an apprentice and must serve 7 years total.
(c) Francis is on house arrest.
(d) In five years he will retire.
7. Who has the Prince lost the respect of according to the King?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The People.
(c) The Court.
(d) The King.
8. What does the Prince blame for the thing his father scolds him for?
(a) His friends.
(b) His youth.
(c) His fear.
(d) His education.
9. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
(a) By God shall I succeed.
(b) God save me.
(c) God bless it.
(d) I am a God.
10. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
11. What does the chamberlain tell the carriers?
(a) Travelers in the Inn are carrying three hundred marks in gold.
(b) The weather is likely to be stormy and cold.
(c) Tickets are being sold for the horses races tomorrow.
(d) Breakfast is served at the second cock's crow.
12. What kind of building does the beginning of Act 2 take place in?
(a) An inn.
(b) A tavern.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A palace.
13. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) Saint John's promise to rid England of snakes.
(b) Quiet domestic scenes of family.
(c) A series of bloody battles.
(d) Spiritual peace in Europe.
14. What is Hotspur reading in his castle?
(a) A book.
(b) A treaty.
(c) A letter.
(d) A report.
15. What does the King do that angers Hotspur during their conference?
(a) Insults his father.
(b) Compares him to the Prince.
(c) Degrades his way of battle.
(d) Slanders Mortimer's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people hesitant to support Hotspur's plan?
2. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
3. What time is the "first cock?"
4. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
5. What has Lady Percy been banished from?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)