|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the carriers heading at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who is Lady Percy married to?
(a) The elderly Glendower.
(b) King Henry IV.
(c) Percy Smith, the Vintner.
(d) The young Henry Percy, Hotspur.
3. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Attacks from France.
(c) A lack of taxes.
(d) His son's disrespect.
4. Who lives at Warkworth Castle?
(a) Glynweth of Goth.
(b) Hotspur and his family.
(c) King Henry IV.
(d) Falstaff and his compatriots.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) On a highway.
(b) In the palace.
(c) In a tavern.
(d) In the market.
6. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
(a) Wants a wife given to him immediately.
(b) Apologizes for the offenses of his youth.
(c) Demands his due share of the kingdom.
(d) Promises to leave and never return.
7. What is the author of the letter telling Hotspur?
(a) Hotspur's father is ill.
(b) Kate, Hotspur's wife, is not to be trusted.
(c) Allies from the South will soon join.
(d) The rebellion is too dangerous.
8. What does the King demand of Prince Hal?
(a) The stolen money.
(b) A return to his studies at school.
(c) To report to court next morning.
(d) Leadership of the King's army.
9. What news has Blunt?
(a) Earl of Westmoreland has died.
(b) The rebels will meet them at Shrewsbury.
(c) Time for peace has come.
(d) Bridgenorth has fallen to the rebels.
10. What is a buff jerkin?
(a) Clothing worn until it is soft and pliable.
(b) Leather jacket worn by sheriff's officers.
(c) Smooth and shining platters.
(d) Pale brown ale.
11. Who has divided the kingdom for the rebel's victory?
(a) Glendower's devil.
(b) Uncle Worcester.
(c) Archbishop of York.
(d) Lady Percy.
12. What is Sir Blunt's first name?
13. What does the King want from Hotspur?
(a) Marriage to his daughter.
(b) Money and land.
(d) Prisoners released.
14. When the rebels win, how do they plan to split the kingdom?
(a) In two, Scotland and Ireland.
(b) Three parts, England split North/South at Trent and Wales.
(c) North and south, divided in London.
(d) In seven parts, each given to a noble Welsh Lord.
15. Who does the King order out of his sight?
(a) Princess Glendower.
(c) Prince Hal.
(d) Queen Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Percy insisting her husband tell her?
2. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
3. What does Hotspur tell his wife when she asks about his plans?
4. What job does Francis do?
5. How does Lady Percy describe her husband's nature?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)