|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
(a) Mortimer is Hotspur's Godfather.
(b) They are brother's-in-law.
(c) They are step brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
2. What is the King's attitude towards the Prince of Wales when the Prince returns to the Royal Court?
(a) Horrified and Angry.
(b) Excited to have the Prince lead the troops.
(d) Grateful that he is back.
3. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
(a) Earl of Cheshire.
(b) Earl of Murray.
(c) Earl of Angus.
(d) Earl of Anthol.
4. Who lives at Warkworth Castle?
(a) Falstaff and his compatriots.
(b) King Henry IV.
(c) Glynweth of Goth.
(d) Hotspur and his family.
5. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
(a) A map.
(b) Their wives.
6. What does the Prince of Wales say to his father upon his return to the Royal Court?
(a) Promises to leave and never return.
(b) Wants a wife given to him immediately.
(c) Demands his due share of the kingdom.
(d) Apologizes for the offenses of his youth.
7. What does the Prince promise to be more like in the future after being scolded by his father?
(b) His father.
(c) His God.
(d) His mother.
8. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
(a) A Holy Land Crusade.
(b) An assault on France's allies.
(c) An establishment of a University.
(d) A peace treaty.
9. When the rebels win, how do they plan to split the kingdom?
(a) In two, Scotland and Ireland.
(b) North and south, divided in London.
(c) In seven parts, each given to a noble Welsh Lord.
(d) Three parts, England split North/South at Trent and Wales.
10. What does Poins do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
(a) Gets in disguise.
(b) Finds a police man.
(c) Starts a fire.
(d) Runs away.
11. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
(a) A threatening message from Glendower.
(b) News that Mortimer was defeated.
(c) Word of the lack of money in the treasury.
(d) News that his son is sick.
12. Who brings a horse for Hotspur while his wife is talking to him?
(a) The Butler.
(b) The Ostler.
(c) The Attendant.
(d) The Messenger.
13. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
(a) A false thief.
(b) A false companion.
(c) A false Prince.
(d) A false friend.
14. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
(a) He fears him.
(b) He respects him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He admires him.
15. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
(a) A London market.
(b) A road to london.
(c) A tavern.
(d) The King's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
3. How does the daughter of Glendower say goodbye to her husband before the Battle of Shrewsbury?
4. What does the Prince do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
5. Where is Falstaff planning a robbery?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)