|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Hotspur love his wife?
(a) No, he wants to leave her.
(b) He won't say.
(c) He loves another woman.
(d) He loves her infinitely.
2. What do the rebels advise Hotspur to control?
(a) Armies from the North.
(b) His strong will.
(c) The River Trent.
(d) His wife.
3. Who is "The Douglas?"
(a) Scottish Clan Chief, Archibald, Earl of Douglass.
(b) Entire Douglass clan of Glendower.
(c) Welsh Noble Lord, Ralston, Head of Douglass Fen.
(d) Mortimer Douglas, ally of the Percy family.
4. What does the ostler do?
(a) Takes care of horses.
(b) Has the keys to all rooms in the Inn.
(c) Brings in kegs of wine and ale.
(d) Hustles up more business for the Inn.
5. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
6. What is a buff jerkin?
(a) Leather jacket worn by sheriff's officers.
(b) Clothing worn until it is soft and pliable.
(c) Pale brown ale.
(d) Smooth and shining platters.
7. What does the chamberlain tell the carriers?
(a) Travelers in the Inn are carrying three hundred marks in gold.
(b) Breakfast is served at the second cock's crow.
(c) The weather is likely to be stormy and cold.
(d) Tickets are being sold for the horses races tomorrow.
8. What prank has Poins played in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Thrown Falstaff in the cold river.
(b) Stolen Falstaff's horse.
(c) Tied Falstaff's boot laces together.
(d) Taken Falstaff's clothing.
9. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
(b) Their wives.
(c) A map.
10. Who are the members of the rebellion?
(a) Travelers, Treasurers, Tinkers, Franklins, Masters.
(b) Carrier, Chamberlain, Drawer Tom, Ostler, Gadshill.
(c) Percys, Mortimer, Archbishop of York, Glendower and The Douglas.
(d) Hal, Falstaff, Henry IV, Henry V, Richard II.
11. How much valor is there in Poins?
(a) No more than in a wild duck.
(b) Just enough to see in moonlight.
(c) More than the sun itself.
(d) Enough to go around and then some.
12. How does Gadshill's informant say Gadshill will die?
13. What does the King demand of Prince Hal?
(a) A return to his studies at school.
(b) To report to court next morning.
(c) The stolen money.
(d) Leadership of the King's army.
14. How many men does Falstaff claimed attacked him?
15. Where does the beginning of Act 2 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose money do the travelers have?
2. Who is the King envious of at the beginning of the book?
3. Which horse does Hotspur want to ride?
4. What does Hotspur discuss with the men at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)