|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hotspur's wife worried about him?
(a) Hotspur is unfaithful to her.
(b) Hotspur is rarely at home.
(c) He seems distracted and obsessed with battle.
(d) Her husband has run out of funds to pay the servants.
2. What does Gadshill promise his informant after the robbery?
(a) A share in the loot.
(c) A new horse.
(d) Rent money.
3. Who does the King order out of his sight?
(a) Princess Glendower.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) Prince Hal.
4. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(b) European trade talks.
(c) To plan the counter attack against France.
(d) To meet with Hotspur.
5. How many men really attack Falstaff?
6. What does Falstaff say the Prince has done to win Falstaff's love?
(a) Bewitched him.
(b) Intimidated him.
(c) Medicated him.
(d) Paid him.
7. Where is the house Hotspur goes to at the beginning of Act 3?
8. What is the full title of the play?
(a) The History of Henry the Fourth Part One.
(b) Henry IV, Section A.
(c) Henry King of England, Scots and Wales.
(d) The Vaunted Life and Times of Henry.
9. What is Glendower's first name?
10. What are the skies filled with when Glendower is born?
(c) Black birds.
(d) Dark clouds.
11. Who has taken the Prince's place on the council?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
12. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role play at?
(a) Battle of Shrewsbury.
(b) Vintner and Drawer.
(c) Prince Hal becoming King.
(d) Return of Prince Hal to his father next day.
13. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
14. What does Falstaff do to support his false story?
(a) Cut his arm.
(b) Bruised himself.
(c) Tore his clothes.
(d) Damaged his sword.
15. What do the carriers have?
(a) A map of London.
(b) Chimney sweeps.
(c) Turkeys, bacon, and ginger.
(d) Time to spare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hotspur's wife suspect of manipulating her husband?
2. Who has divided the kingdom for the rebel's victory?
3. What does the chamberlain tell the carriers?
4. Where does Hotspur's wife say she has been banished from?
5. What is the name of the tavern that the Prince frequents?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)