|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) Quiet domestic scenes of family.
(b) Saint John's promise to rid England of snakes.
(c) A series of bloody battles.
(d) Spiritual peace in Europe.
2. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
(a) Henry Percy.
(d) King Richard.
3. Who reveals the truth about the attack on Falstaff?
(c) Prince Henry.
4. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
(a) Counting the dead.
(b) Rallying his men.
(c) Tending to wounds.
(d) Working out a new plan of attack.
5. What Roman god does the King compare Hotspur to?
6. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
(a) Battlefield in Avon.
(b) London palace.
(c) Bishop's copse.
(d) Shrewsbury court.
7. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
8. What is Moorditch?
(a) Feeling blue and sad.
(b) Natural chasm in the middle of Sussex.
(c) Horrific prison for debtors.
(d) Foul drainage ditch in London.
9. What does the Prince think Henry Percy fights for?
10. What does the King do that angers Hotspur during their conference?
(a) Compares him to the Prince.
(b) Degrades his way of battle.
(c) Insults his father.
(d) Slanders Mortimer's name.
11. What is the King's attitude towards the Prince of Wales when the Prince returns to the Royal Court?
(b) Horrified and Angry.
(c) Grateful that he is back.
(d) Excited to have the Prince lead the troops.
12. What does Francis call out every time Poins calls for him?
(a) Ho there.
13. How does the King say he won his crown?
(a) By being intelligent and witty.
(b) By being compassionate and religious.
(c) By being strong and present.
(d) By being humble and sober.
14. Is the interview between King Henry and Prince Hal written in blank verse or prose?
(a) Blank Verse.
(b) Both styles.
(d) It is written in Gallic.
15. Who corroborates Hotspur's account of what happened with the well-dressed man on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people hesitant to support Hotspur's plan?
2. What does Glendower do that annoys Hotspur?
3. How does the Prince promise to regain his father's trust?
4. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
5. What does Hotspur tell his wife when she asks about his plans?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)