|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
(a) Beat them senseless.
(b) Slit their throats and toss the bodies off the cliff.
(c) Kill them and take their gold.
(d) Rob them and bind them.
2. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
(a) He fears him.
(b) He respects him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He admires him.
3. Who corroborates Hotspur's account of what happened with the well-dressed man on the battlefield?
4. What is Hotspur reading in his castle?
(a) A treaty.
(b) A report.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
5. What does Glendower say he can command?
(a) Winds and Storms.
(b) Legions of Angels.
(c) The devil.
6. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
(a) His son's disrespect.
(b) Attacks from France.
(c) A lack of taxes.
(d) Civil War.
7. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
(a) The high court judge.
(b) The hangmen.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A prison keeper.
8. Why is the King so angry with Mortimer?
(a) He retreated from battle.
(b) He changed his loyalty.
(c) He has run from his post.
(d) He did not fight valiantly.
9. What is Glendower's first name?
10. Who does Hotspur's wife suspect of manipulating her husband?
(c) Her own sister.
(d) King Henry IV.
11. What does Falstaff call the travelers?
(a) Window-less, mind-less, blank chumps.
(b) Miners of no great worth.
(c) Writers of tall tales.
(d) Bacon-fed, fat chuffs, gorebellied knaves.
12. What is the King's attitude towards the Prince of Wales when the Prince returns to the Royal Court?
(b) Horrified and Angry.
(c) Excited to have the Prince lead the troops.
(d) Grateful that he is back.
13. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
(a) His patience.
(b) His power.
(c) His alliegance.
(d) His morale.
14. How much money do the travelers have with them at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 200 pounds of silver.
(b) 50 bars of gold and silver each.
(c) 300 marks of gold.
(d) 100 pounds of gold.
15. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Wales Plains.
(b) Falstaff's hideaway.
(c) Prince's lodging in London.
(d) King's palace in Exeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Saint Nicholas' clerks?
2. What is the job of a carrier?
3. Who does the King call a true industrious friend?
4. Why is Hotspur's wife worried about him?
5. What is the name of Hotspur's castle?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)