|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the carriers have?
(a) Chimney sweeps.
(b) A map of London.
(c) Time to spare.
(d) Turkeys, bacon, and ginger.
2. What is Henry Percy's nickname?
(a) Dark Knight.
3. Who tells Gadshill about the travellers with the money?
(a) The Chamberlain.
(b) The ostler.
(c) The tavern mistress.
(d) The carriers.
4. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
(a) By God shall I succeed.
(b) God save me.
(c) God bless it.
(d) I am a God.
5. What is Hybla?
(a) Sicilian source of fine honey.
(b) Parisian honey butter.
(c) Romanian honey wine.
(d) Greek source of butter tarts.
6. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To meet with Hotspur.
(b) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(c) European trade talks.
(d) To plan the counter attack against France.
7. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
8. Where is Archibald from?
9. Where is the tavern located?
10. What kind of horse does Gadshill own?
(a) Pack horse.
11. Is the interview between King Henry and Prince Hal written in blank verse or prose?
(b) Blank Verse.
(c) Both styles.
(d) It is written in Gallic.
12. When is Michaelmas?
(a) January 6, Epiphany.
(b) January 1st, New Year's Day.
(c) September 29, Feast day of St. Michael.
(d) December 25, Christmas.
13. What is the King's attitude towards the Prince of Wales when the Prince returns to the Royal Court?
(a) Grateful that he is back.
(b) Excited to have the Prince lead the troops.
(c) Horrified and Angry.
14. What day of the month do the rebels meet at Shrewsbury?
(a) Good Friday.
15. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
(a) He stole the name from Sir John Framer.
(b) Sir John means he is Welsh born.
(c) Falstaff wanted to sound more royal.
(d) He is a knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
2. What is Falstaff's first name?
3. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
4. Who does Westmoreland blame for Henry Percy's success?
5. What do Falstaff and Prince Hal role play at?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)