|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Percy insisting her husband tell her?
(a) Where he is going.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) What his plan is.
(d) What is bothering him.
2. Why is the young Henry Percy nicknamed Hotspur?
(a) Hotspur means "he who rides well".
(b) He has a hot temper.
(c) He was born in mid-summer.
(d) His voice is very loud and abrasive.
3. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
4. What does Falstaff say is his vocation?
(a) Honest thief.
5. What angers the King most about Henry Percy?
(a) His cunning.
(b) His power.
(c) His disloyalty.
(d) His pride.
6. What do the carriers have?
(a) Chimney sweeps.
(b) Turkeys, bacon, and ginger.
(c) Time to spare.
(d) A map of London.
7. Who are Saint Nicholas' clerks?
(b) Keeper of heaven's gate.
(c) Bringers of cheer.
(d) Chimney sweeps.
8. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
(a) Their wives.
(b) A map.
9. Who brings a horse for Hotspur while his wife is talking to him?
(a) The Butler.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Ostler.
(d) The Attendant.
10. Which of the following does NOT meet with Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
11. What does Francis call out every time Poins calls for him?
(b) Ho there.
12. How does Gadshill's informant say Gadshill will die?
13. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
(a) On a crusade to the Holy Land.
(b) Home for the holidays.
(c) Warring towards France and Germany.
(d) To cross the sea towards Denmark.
14. Who does Falstaff think will convince the Prince to help him with the robbery?
(a) Mistress Quickly.
(d) The King.
15. What Roman god does the King compare Hotspur to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does it mean to colt someone?
4. What time is it when Gadhill enters at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is Moorditch?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)