|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Hotspur in his verbal attacks on the king?
(a) His father.
(b) His servant.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
2. What fault is pointed out to Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His fear.
(b) His Pride.
(c) His weakness.
(d) His Youth.
3. What is a red-breast-teacher?
(a) One who teaches singing to songbirds.
(b) Headmaster at a girl's college.
(c) An expert who cannot read but can write.
(d) Robin Redbreast in spring.
4. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Glendower say he can command?
(a) Legions of Angels.
(b) The devil.
(d) Winds and Storms.
6. What does the Prince think Henry Percy fights for?
7. What is the name of Gadshill's second man?
8. What is Falstaff's first name?
9. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
(a) Full of nature references.
(b) Written in prose.
(c) Bawdy and risque.
(d) Written in a Cockney accent.
10. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
(b) Henry Percy.
(d) King Richard.
11. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(b) To meet with Hotspur.
(c) To plan the counter attack against France.
(d) European trade talks.
12. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
(a) His morale.
(b) His power.
(c) His alliegance.
(d) His patience.
13. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
14. What is the nickname friends and family call the Prince of Wales?
15. How does Gadshill's informant say Gadshill will die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King order out of his sight?
2. Who has divided the kingdom for the rebel's victory?
3. How does the King say he won his crown?
4. Who sends a nobleman to talk to the Prince?
5. What does the Prince say happens to money stolen on Monday night?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)