|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff say has ruined his reputation?
(a) His time in prison.
(b) His association with the Prince.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His scandal with the tavern mistress.
2. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
(a) Marry me.
(b) Merry times will be had by all.
(c) Marriage is to be avoided.
(d) By the Virgin Mary.
3. What does the Prince promise to be more like in the future after being scolded by his father?
(a) His father.
(b) His God.
(d) His mother.
4. Where is the tavern that the Prince frequents?
5. What does Glendower anticipate will happen when the warriors leave for battle?
(a) Wives will be unfaithful.
(b) Henry Bolingbroke will go bootless home.
(c) Wives will weep copious tears.
(d) Spirits will come up from the vasty deep.
6. Where does Hotspur's wife say she has been banished from?
(b) Her husband's bed.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her husband's heart.
7. Who goes first to Shrewsbury?
(a) King Henry IV and his advisors.
(b) Crowds of commoners who will watch the battle.
(c) Prince of Wales and ten thousand men.
(d) Earl of Westmoreland and young Lord John of Lancaster.
8. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
(a) Lady of Glynth.
(c) Bonnie Lass.
(d) Lady Hotspur.
9. What does the King fear that the Prince has lost?
(a) The trust of the nation.
(b) A strong morality.
(c) Years of learning and study.
(d) His princely privilege.
10. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A road to london.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) A London market.
11. What news has Blunt?
(a) Earl of Westmoreland has died.
(b) Time for peace has come.
(c) Bridgenorth has fallen to the rebels.
(d) The rebels will meet them at Shrewsbury.
12. What does Gadshill promise his informant after the robbery?
(a) A share in the loot.
(b) A new horse.
(d) Rent money.
13. Who is Henry Bolingbroke?
(a) Leader of the rebellion.
(b) King Henry IV.
(c) Landowner on the banks of Wye.
(d) Bolingbroke of Trent.
14. What is Poins first name?
(b) Sir John.
15. What does the ostler do?
(a) Has the keys to all rooms in the Inn.
(b) Hustles up more business for the Inn.
(c) Takes care of horses.
(d) Brings in kegs of wine and ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Vintner?
2. What does Poins do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
3. What fault is pointed out to Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How much valor is there in Poins?
5. Who are the characters in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)