|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prank has Poins played in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Thrown Falstaff in the cold river.
(b) Taken Falstaff's clothing.
(c) Stolen Falstaff's horse.
(d) Tied Falstaff's boot laces together.
2. Whose money do the travelers have?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Army's.
(c) The Prince's.
(d) The Sheriff's.
3. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
(a) By the Virgin Mary.
(b) Marriage is to be avoided.
(c) Merry times will be had by all.
(d) Marry me.
4. What is the author of the letter telling Hotspur?
(a) Allies from the South will soon join.
(b) Kate, Hotspur's wife, is not to be trusted.
(c) Hotspur's father is ill.
(d) The rebellion is too dangerous.
5. Why can the Prince no longer entertain himself at the tavern?
(a) He insulted the mistress.
(b) The tavern is out of business.
(c) His credit is used up.
(d) His father forbids it.
6. Hotspur refers to "Bolingbroke." Who does he mean?
(c) Prince Hal.
(d) King Henry IV.
7. Who is "The Douglas?"
(a) Welsh Noble Lord, Ralston, Head of Douglass Fen.
(b) Entire Douglass clan of Glendower.
(c) Scottish Clan Chief, Archibald, Earl of Douglass.
(d) Mortimer Douglas, ally of the Percy family.
8. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
(a) A false friend.
(b) A false Prince.
(c) A false thief.
(d) A false companion.
9. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
(a) Bawdy and risque.
(b) Full of nature references.
(c) Written in prose.
(d) Written in a Cockney accent.
10. What does Poins do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
(a) Starts a fire.
(b) Gets in disguise.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Finds a police man.
11. How does Gadshill's informant say Gadshill will die?
12. What does Falstaff say men who steal purses should be named when the Prince is King?
13. What does the Prince do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
(a) Finds a police man.
(b) Gets in disguise.
(c) Starts a fire.
(d) Runs away.
14. Who are the members of the rebellion?
(a) Travelers, Treasurers, Tinkers, Franklins, Masters.
(b) Percys, Mortimer, Archbishop of York, Glendower and The Douglas.
(c) Hal, Falstaff, Henry IV, Henry V, Richard II.
(d) Carrier, Chamberlain, Drawer Tom, Ostler, Gadshill.
15. Why is the young Henry Percy nicknamed Hotspur?
(a) He was born in mid-summer.
(b) Hotspur means "he who rides well".
(c) His voice is very loud and abrasive.
(d) He has a hot temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the carriers have?
2. What is Falstaff's first name?
3. What does Hotspur discuss with the men at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What is a buff jerkin?
5. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)