|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard II proclaim as next in line for the throne?
(b) Richard III.
(c) Prince Hal.
2. How does the daughter of Glendower say goodbye to her husband before the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Runs out when she realizes her husband only speaks English.
(b) Rests her husband's head in her lap and sings to him.
(c) Dances to a Welsh lullaby.
(d) Begs her father to take her back to Ireland.
3. Who is Glendower's daughter married to?
(c) Falstaff's son.
4. Who has the Prince lost the respect of according to the King?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Court.
(c) The People.
(d) The King.
5. Who is Henry Bolingbroke?
(a) Leader of the rebellion.
(b) Landowner on the banks of Wye.
(c) King Henry IV.
(d) Bolingbroke of Trent.
6. Where does the King say the next council will be held and when?
(a) Sunday morning on the battlefield.
(b) The following winter in Exeter.
(c) A fortnight from Friday at the Bishop's copse.
(d) Wednesday next at Windsor.
7. Where is Archibald from?
8. What does Hotspur discuss with the men at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) How to recruit more support.
(b) How to divide England.
(c) How to make suitable disguises.
(d) How to conquer King Henry.
9. Who lives at Warkworth Castle?
(a) Hotspur and his family.
(b) Glynweth of Goth.
(c) King Henry IV.
(d) Falstaff and his compatriots.
10. Who is the first character of the play to enter and speak?
(b) Chamberlain Percy.
(c) Mortimer's wife.
(d) King Henry IV.
11. How does the King say he won his crown?
(a) By being humble and sober.
(b) By being strong and present.
(c) By being compassionate and religious.
(d) By being intelligent and witty.
12. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) Poins hid it.
(b) It was lost on the way back.
(c) He spent it on women and wine.
(d) A great group of thieves took if from them.
13. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) Saint John's promise to rid England of snakes.
(b) A series of bloody battles.
(c) Spiritual peace in Europe.
(d) Quiet domestic scenes of family.
14. Why are people hesitant to support Hotspur's plan?
(a) It is risky.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is chaotic.
(d) It is expensive.
15. Who has taken the Prince's place on the council?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the King lost patience with?
2. What is the full title of the play?
3. What kind of horse does Gadshill own?
4. What does the phrase "Gods me" mean?
5. What does Hotspur say would shame the Devil?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)