|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which horse does Hotspur want to ride?
(a) Roan with the crop-ear.
(b) Palladin with white tail.
(c) Black Stallion.
(d) Battle mare.
2. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
3. What does the Prince blame for the thing his father scolds him for?
(a) His education.
(b) His friends.
(c) His fear.
(d) His youth.
4. What is a red-breast-teacher?
(a) Headmaster at a girl's college.
(b) An expert who cannot read but can write.
(c) Robin Redbreast in spring.
(d) One who teaches singing to songbirds.
5. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
6. Who does the King wish was his true son?
(b) Sir Walter Blunt.
(c) Saint John.
(d) Hotspur, the young Henry Percy.
7. What does Falstaff call the travelers?
(a) Miners of no great worth.
(b) Writers of tall tales.
(c) Window-less, mind-less, blank chumps.
(d) Bacon-fed, fat chuffs, gorebellied knaves.
8. Where does the King say the next council will be held and when?
(a) Sunday morning on the battlefield.
(b) The following winter in Exeter.
(c) A fortnight from Friday at the Bishop's copse.
(d) Wednesday next at Windsor.
9. Who murders Richard II?
(a) Richard III.
(b) The Douglas.
(c) King Henry IV.
10. What does Glendower anticipate will happen when the warriors leave for battle?
(a) Spirits will come up from the vasty deep.
(b) Henry Bolingbroke will go bootless home.
(c) Wives will weep copious tears.
(d) Wives will be unfaithful.
11. What is the nickname friends and family call the Prince of Wales?
12. What is Lady Percy insisting her husband tell her?
(a) Where he is going.
(b) What his plan is.
(c) What she can do for him.
(d) What is bothering him.
13. What is the job of a carrier?
(a) Take care of horses and donkeys.
(b) Carry goods from one place to the next.
(c) Convey groups of people across the country.
(d) Organize tavern gatherings.
14. Where does the beginning of Act 2 take place?
15. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) A London market.
(c) A road to london.
(d) A tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
2. What does the carrier have in his hand at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does the King want his son to explain about his recent, errant behavior?
4. Whose money do the travelers have?
5. Who is Henry Bolingbroke?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)