|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff say the Prince has done to win Falstaff's love?
(a) Intimidated him.
(b) Bewitched him.
(c) Paid him.
(d) Medicated him.
2. Who does King Henry compare his son to while scolding him?
(b) King Richard.
(d) Henry Percy.
3. What does the Prince blame for the thing his father scolds him for?
(a) His youth.
(b) His fear.
(c) His education.
(d) His friends.
4. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
(a) What time it is.
(b) Where the bar wench has gone to.
(c) Where he is.
(d) What day it is.
5. Who does King Henry compare himself to while scolding his son?
(a) Henry Percy.
(b) King Richard.
6. Who is Lady Percy married to?
(a) Percy Smith, the Vintner.
(b) King Henry IV.
(c) The young Henry Percy, Hotspur.
(d) The elderly Glendower.
7. Where does the King say the next council will be held and when?
(a) The following winter in Exeter.
(b) Wednesday next at Windsor.
(c) A fortnight from Friday at the Bishop's copse.
(d) Sunday morning on the battlefield.
8. What does Falstaff like to drink?
(c) Hard cider.
(d) Gin and Tonic.
9. Who robs the thieves?
(a) Chamberlain and carriers.
(b) Sheriff John and his men.
(c) Prince Hal and Poins.
(d) The Ostler.
10. How do the robbers stop the travelers from fighting?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Bind them.
(c) Pretend to be friendly.
(d) Knock them unconscious.
11. What has young Percy done which vexes the King?
(a) Refused to release his prisoners.
(b) Made a great deal of money.
(c) Taken land which the King once owned.
(d) Married the French princess.
12. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
(a) He fears him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He respects him.
(d) He admires him.
13. What does the Prince promise to be more like in the future after being scolded by his father?
(b) His God.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Does Hotspur love his wife?
(a) He won't say.
(b) He loves her infinitely.
(c) No, he wants to leave her.
(d) He loves another woman.
15. Why is Hal given the title "Prince of Wales?"
(a) Scottish troops took Wales by force with Hal at the lead.
(b) His father is the King of Scotland.
(c) Hal was born in Wales.
(d) He is the eldest son of the reigning king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men really attack Falstaff?
2. What does it mean to colt someone?
3. What is the full title of the play?
4. What does the Prince say happens to money stolen on Monday night?
5. What has Lady Percy been banished from?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)