|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this Inn in Rochester have that bites?
(d) Mean customers.
2. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
(a) Marriage is to be avoided.
(b) Merry times will be had by all.
(c) Marry me.
(d) By the Virgin Mary.
3. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
4. Who does King Henry compare his son to while scolding him?
(a) Henry Percy.
(b) King Richard.
5. What does Falstaff say there are no more of on the earth?
(a) Good men.
(b) Mild children.
(c) Honorable families.
(d) Virtuous women.
6. Who is Sir John of Gaunt?
(a) Subject of bawdy song.
(b) Thin Welsh nobleman.
(c) Former exchequer to the Percy family.
(d) Grandfather of Prince Hal.
7. What is Sir Blunt's first name?
8. Who is "The Douglas?"
(a) Scottish Clan Chief, Archibald, Earl of Douglass.
(b) Entire Douglass clan of Glendower.
(c) Welsh Noble Lord, Ralston, Head of Douglass Fen.
(d) Mortimer Douglas, ally of the Percy family.
9. What does it mean to colt someone?
(a) Hide them away from the light.
(b) Trick them.
(c) Tame them.
(d) Make them thinner.
10. Why is the young Henry Percy nicknamed Hotspur?
(a) He has a hot temper.
(b) Hotspur means "he who rides well".
(c) His voice is very loud and abrasive.
(d) He was born in mid-summer.
11. Why does Hotspur plan to slip away without saying goodbye?
(a) To enhance their subtlety.
(b) To get an early start.
(c) To disguise their numbers.
(d) To avoid tears from his wife.
12. Who robs the thieves?
(a) Chamberlain and carriers.
(b) Prince Hal and Poins.
(c) The Ostler.
(d) Sheriff John and his men.
13. Why are people hesitant to support Hotspur's plan?
(a) It is chaotic.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is risky.
(d) It is expensive.
14. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
(a) A court jester.
(b) The hangmen.
(c) The high court judge.
(d) A prison keeper.
15. Who is Glendower's daughter married to?
(c) Falstaff's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hotspur refers to "Bolingbroke." Who does he mean?
2. Where does Prince Henry own an apartment?
3. Who does the King order out of his sight?
4. What news has Blunt?
5. What does the King demand of Prince Hal?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)