|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much valor is there in Poins?
(a) Just enough to see in moonlight.
(b) More than the sun itself.
(c) Enough to go around and then some.
(d) No more than in a wild duck.
2. What does Falstaff say has ruined his reputation?
(a) His occupation.
(b) His scandal with the tavern mistress.
(c) His time in prison.
(d) His association with the Prince.
3. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
(a) Beat them senseless.
(b) Rob them and bind them.
(c) Kill them and take their gold.
(d) Slit their throats and toss the bodies off the cliff.
4. What does Glendower do that annoys Hotspur?
(a) Talks about needless topics.
(b) Commands more respect than he deserves.
(d) Tells supernatural tales.
5. What does Poins do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
(a) Starts a fire.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Gets in disguise.
(d) Finds a police man.
6. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) In the market.
(b) On a highway.
(c) In a tavern.
(d) In the palace.
7. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
(a) A court jester.
(b) The hangmen.
(c) The high court judge.
(d) A prison keeper.
8. Where is the house Hotspur goes to at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
(a) Rallying his men.
(b) Tending to wounds.
(c) Working out a new plan of attack.
(d) Counting the dead.
10. What does Hotspur tell his wife when she asks about his plans?
(a) He will be king.
(b) He will follow his father.
(c) He is leaving that day.
(d) He will kill the King.
11. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Falstaff's hideaway.
(b) Prince's lodging in London.
(c) King's palace in Exeter.
(d) Wales Plains.
12. What does Lady Percy say her husband spends all his time talking about?
13. What does the ostler do?
(a) Hustles up more business for the Inn.
(b) Takes care of horses.
(c) Brings in kegs of wine and ale.
(d) Has the keys to all rooms in the Inn.
14. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
15. What does the Prince think Henry Percy fights for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a red-breast-teacher?
2. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
3. What does it mean to colt someone?
4. Who does Hotspur's wife suspect of manipulating her husband?
5. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)