|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lancaster feel about Glendower?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He fears him.
2. Who teases Falstaff about being fat in the second scene?
(b) The Prince.
(d) The King.
3. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
(a) London palace.
(b) Bishop's copse.
(c) Battlefield in Avon.
(d) Shrewsbury court.
4. How much money do the travelers have with them at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 50 bars of gold and silver each.
(b) 100 pounds of gold.
(c) 200 pounds of silver.
(d) 300 marks of gold.
5. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
(a) Earl of Anthol.
(b) Earl of Angus.
(c) Earl of Murray.
(d) Earl of Cheshire.
6. What is a red-breast-teacher?
(a) Robin Redbreast in spring.
(b) An expert who cannot read but can write.
(c) Headmaster at a girl's college.
(d) One who teaches singing to songbirds.
7. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
(c) A map.
(d) Their wives.
8. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
(a) Attacks from France.
(b) His son's disrespect.
(c) A lack of taxes.
(d) Civil War.
9. Who is Glendower's daughter married to?
(b) Falstaff's son.
10. What word does the King use to describe the former King?
11. What does Poins steal from Falstaff?
(a) His purse.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
12. Who does King Henry compare his son to while scolding him?
(b) King Richard.
(c) Henry Percy.
13. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
14. What does the King do that angers Hotspur during their conference?
(a) Degrades his way of battle.
(b) Compares him to the Prince.
(c) Slanders Mortimer's name.
(d) Insults his father.
15. What is the situation in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Falstaff is to be hanged.
(b) Prince Hal is being crowned King of England.
(c) Prince Hal has returned to his father's court.
(d) Henry IV is disinheriting his eldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poins do when he slips away from Falstaff and Gadshill?
2. Why are people hesitant to support Hotspur's plan?
3. Who has divided the kingdom for the rebel's victory?
4. What is the "Wild of Kent?"
5. What relationship does Westmoreland have with the King?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)