|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
2. What does the chamberlain tell the carriers?
(a) Tickets are being sold for the horses races tomorrow.
(b) Travelers in the Inn are carrying three hundred marks in gold.
(c) The weather is likely to be stormy and cold.
(d) Breakfast is served at the second cock's crow.
3. Who is Sir John Paunch?
(a) The father of Sir John Gaunt.
(b) Grandfather of all thieves.
(d) St. Nicholas' clerk.
4. Who goes first to Shrewsbury?
(a) Crowds of commoners who will watch the battle.
(b) Earl of Westmoreland and young Lord John of Lancaster.
(c) King Henry IV and his advisors.
(d) Prince of Wales and ten thousand men.
5. Who does the King wish was his true son?
(b) Saint John.
(c) Sir Walter Blunt.
(d) Hotspur, the young Henry Percy.
6. What is the name of Hotspur's wife?
(b) Lady Hotspur.
(c) Lady of Glynth.
(d) Bonnie Lass.
7. What does Falstaff claim happened to the money they stole?
(a) A great group of thieves took if from them.
(b) He spent it on women and wine.
(c) Poins hid it.
(d) It was lost on the way back.
8. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
(a) News that his son is sick.
(b) A threatening message from Glendower.
(c) News that Mortimer was defeated.
(d) Word of the lack of money in the treasury.
9. Who is Sir John of Gaunt?
(a) Thin Welsh nobleman.
(b) Grandfather of Prince Hal.
(c) Subject of bawdy song.
(d) Former exchequer to the Percy family.
10. What is a buff jerkin?
(a) Leather jacket worn by sheriff's officers.
(b) Smooth and shining platters.
(c) Pale brown ale.
(d) Clothing worn until it is soft and pliable.
11. Who murders Richard II?
(a) King Henry IV.
(c) The Douglas.
(d) Richard III.
12. How does Lady Percy describe her husband's nature?
(a) Volatile and Upset.
(b) Terrifying and Calm.
(c) Moody and distracted.
(d) Distant and angry.
13. Who teases Falstaff about being fat in the second scene?
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
14. What is Hotspur reading in his castle?
(a) A report.
(b) A treaty.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
15. What does Falstaff like to drink?
(a) Gin and Tonic.
(c) Hard cider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
2. Who announces to Gadshill that the travelers are coming?
3. Who is "The Douglas?"
4. Where is the house Hotspur goes to at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Prince Hal promise the King?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)