Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
2. Who is the first character of the play to enter and speak?
King Henry IV.
3. What is the full title of the play?
The History of Henry the Fourth Part One.
4. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
On a crusade to the Holy Land.
5. What relationship does Westmoreland have with the King?
A close and trusted advisor.
6. How many of Mortimer's men are killed in the battle against Glendower?
7. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
Civil war is at hand.
8. Who does the King call a true industrious friend?
Sir Walter Blunt.
9. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
A series of bloody battles.
This section contains 2,261 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)