|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the interview between King Henry and Prince Hal written in blank verse or prose?
(b) Blank Verse.
(c) Both styles.
(d) It is written in Gallic.
2. Which of the following does NOT meet with Hotspur at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How does the daughter of Glendower say goodbye to her husband before the Battle of Shrewsbury?
(a) Runs out when she realizes her husband only speaks English.
(b) Rests her husband's head in her lap and sings to him.
(c) Begs her father to take her back to Ireland.
(d) Dances to a Welsh lullaby.
4. Why is the young Henry Percy nicknamed Hotspur?
(a) He has a hot temper.
(b) Hotspur means "he who rides well".
(c) He was born in mid-summer.
(d) His voice is very loud and abrasive.
5. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To plan the counter attack against France.
(b) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(c) To meet with Hotspur.
(d) European trade talks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has divided the kingdom for the rebel's victory?
2. What are Hotspur and the rebels studying in Act 3, scene 1?
3. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
4. Who sends a nobleman to talk to the Prince?
5. What is a red-breast-teacher?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)