|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
2. Who brings a horse for Hotspur while his wife is talking to him?
(a) The Attendant.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Ostler.
(d) The Butler.
3. What does it mean to colt someone?
(a) Tame them.
(b) Hide them away from the light.
(c) Make them thinner.
(d) Trick them.
4. Why is Hotspur's wife worried about him?
(a) Hotspur is rarely at home.
(b) Hotspur is unfaithful to her.
(c) Her husband has run out of funds to pay the servants.
(d) He seems distracted and obsessed with battle.
5. What does Hotspur admit to his wife before he leaves again?
(a) He is divorcing her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She is his life.
(d) She will be queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King wish was his true son?
2. Who is the King envious of at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the job of a carrier?
4. Who does King Henry IV send to fetch Prince Hal from the tavern?
5. What is a buff jerkin?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)