|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir John Paunch?
(a) Grandfather of all thieves.
(b) St. Nicholas' clerk.
(c) The father of Sir John Gaunt.
2. Who does Richard II proclaim as next in line for the throne?
(c) Richard III.
(d) Prince Hal.
3. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
(a) Earl of Cheshire.
(b) Earl of Murray.
(c) Earl of Angus.
(d) Earl of Anthol.
4. Why can the Prince no longer entertain himself at the tavern?
(a) His credit is used up.
(b) The tavern is out of business.
(c) He insulted the mistress.
(d) His father forbids it.
5. What does the chamberlain tell the carriers?
(a) Breakfast is served at the second cock's crow.
(b) Travelers in the Inn are carrying three hundred marks in gold.
(c) Tickets are being sold for the horses races tomorrow.
(d) The weather is likely to be stormy and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Westmoreland have with the King?
2. What is Hotspur reading in his castle?
3. What does Francis call out every time Poins calls for him?
4. What do the carriers have?
5. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)