|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff say has ruined his reputation?
(a) His association with the Prince.
(b) His scandal with the tavern mistress.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His time in prison.
2. What prank has Poins played in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tied Falstaff's boot laces together.
(b) Thrown Falstaff in the cold river.
(c) Taken Falstaff's clothing.
(d) Stolen Falstaff's horse.
3. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
(a) Written in a Cockney accent.
(b) Bawdy and risque.
(c) Full of nature references.
(d) Written in prose.
4. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
(a) Excited at the prospect of a general election.
(b) Civil war is at hand.
(c) Prosperity and plenty.
(d) Peace and light.
5. What does Falstaff say men who steal purses should be named when the Prince is King?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the "first cock?"
2. What does Falstaff ask when he first enters the Prince's apartment?
3. Where is Falstaff planning a robbery?
4. What is the nickname friends and family call the Prince of Wales?
5. Who does Richard II proclaim as next in line for the throne?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)