|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
(a) A threatening message from Glendower.
(b) Word of the lack of money in the treasury.
(c) News that Mortimer was defeated.
(d) News that his son is sick.
2. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Warring towards France and Germany.
(b) Home for the holidays.
(c) On a crusade to the Holy Land.
(d) To cross the sea towards Denmark.
3. What is the job of a carrier?
(a) Organize tavern gatherings.
(b) Take care of horses and donkeys.
(c) Convey groups of people across the country.
(d) Carry goods from one place to the next.
4. Why is the King so angry with Mortimer?
(a) He has run from his post.
(b) He changed his loyalty.
(c) He did not fight valiantly.
(d) He retreated from battle.
5. Where does Prince Henry own an apartment?
(c) King's Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the King lost patience with?
2. Who is Sir John of Gaunt?
3. What is Henry Percy's nickname?
4. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
5. How much money do the travelers have with them at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)