|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
(a) A Holy Land Crusade.
(b) An establishment of a University.
(c) An assault on France's allies.
(d) A peace treaty.
2. Who is Poins?
(a) Hal's fencing tutor.
(b) Criminal and Highwayman.
(c) Sheriff of Nottingham.
(d) Wife of Glendower.
3. Why can the Prince no longer entertain himself at the tavern?
(a) He insulted the mistress.
(b) His father forbids it.
(c) The tavern is out of business.
(d) His credit is used up.
4. Who does Richard II proclaim as next in line for the throne?
(b) Prince Hal.
(d) Richard III.
5. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
(a) A false thief.
(b) A false Prince.
(c) A false companion.
(d) A false friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King call a true industrious friend?
2. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
3. What is Henry Percy's nickname?
4. Who does Hotspur think should be king?
5. Why is the young Henry Percy nicknamed Hotspur?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)