|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
(a) Peace and light.
(b) Prosperity and plenty.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a general election.
(d) Civil war is at hand.
2. What does Falstaff ask when he first enters the Prince's apartment?
(a) What took you so long?
(b) What time is it?
(c) Where am I?
(d) Who are you?
3. What does Falstaff say is his vocation?
(b) Honest thief.
4. What does Falstaff mean when he says "Zounds"?
(a) A round of free ale for all.
(b) Swearing by the King's honor.
(c) Swearing by the wounds of Christ.
(d) The hounds are coming.
5. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King order out of his sight?
2. What does Falstaff call the Prince as he leaves the apartment?
3. What does Falstaff say men who steal purses should be named when the Prince is King?
4. What is a buff jerkin?
5. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)