|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
2. Why is the council meeting?
(a) To issue edicts against the rebels.
(b) To meet with Hotspur.
(c) European trade talks.
(d) To plan the counter attack against France.
3. Why is Worcester so angry about the accusations against him?
(a) He helped put the King in his place.
(b) He was childhood friends with the King.
(c) He has a strong and valid family name.
(d) He took a vow of honor.
4. What does Falstaff mean when he says "Zounds"?
(a) Swearing by the King's honor.
(b) Swearing by the wounds of Christ.
(c) A round of free ale for all.
(d) The hounds are coming.
5. What is Sir Blunt's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
2. Who murders Richard II?
3. What is the nickname friends and family call the Prince of Wales?
4. Who teases Falstaff about being fat in the second scene?
5. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)