|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
(a) By the Virgin Mary.
(b) Marriage is to be avoided.
(c) Merry times will be had by all.
(d) Marry me.
2. What does Falstaff say is his vocation?
(d) Honest thief.
3. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Mortimer is Hotspur's Godfather.
(c) They are step brothers.
(d) They are brother's-in-law.
4. Who is the King envious of at the beginning of the book?
(a) Henry Blunt.
(d) Henry Percy.
5. What is the full title of the play?
(a) Henry King of England, Scots and Wales.
(b) Henry IV, Section A.
(c) The Vaunted Life and Times of Henry.
(d) The History of Henry the Fourth Part One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character of the play to enter and speak?
2. What does Falstaff ask when he first enters the Prince's apartment?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
5. Who is the father of Hotspur?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)