|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff mean when he says "Zounds"?
(a) A round of free ale for all.
(b) The hounds are coming.
(c) Swearing by the wounds of Christ.
(d) Swearing by the King's honor.
2. What is a buff jerkin?
(a) Leather jacket worn by sheriff's officers.
(b) Smooth and shining platters.
(c) Pale brown ale.
(d) Clothing worn until it is soft and pliable.
3. What does Falstaff say is his vocation?
(d) Honest thief.
4. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
(a) News that Mortimer was defeated.
(b) Word of the lack of money in the treasury.
(c) News that his son is sick.
(d) A threatening message from Glendower.
5. What is the atmosphere in the kingdom as the play starts?
(a) Civil war is at hand.
(b) Peace and light.
(c) Prosperity and plenty.
(d) Excited at the prospect of a general election.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first scene of the play take place?
2. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
3. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
4. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
5. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)