|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) Spiritual peace in Europe.
(b) A series of bloody battles.
(c) Saint John's promise to rid England of snakes.
(d) Quiet domestic scenes of family.
2. Why can the Prince no longer entertain himself at the tavern?
(a) The tavern is out of business.
(b) His father forbids it.
(c) He insulted the mistress.
(d) His credit is used up.
3. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Mortimer is Hotspur's Godfather.
(c) They are brother's-in-law.
(d) They are step brothers.
4. What is Sir Blunt's first name?
5. Who does Westmoreland blame for Henry Percy's success?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Mortimer's men are killed in the battle against Glendower?
2. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
3. Who is Poins?
4. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
5. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)