|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the style of writing change in the second scene?
(a) Bawdy and risque.
(b) Full of nature references.
(c) Written in prose.
(d) Written in a Cockney accent.
2. Who does Westmoreland blame for Henry Percy's success?
3. What does Falstaff say has ruined his reputation?
(a) His occupation.
(b) His scandal with the tavern mistress.
(c) His association with the Prince.
(d) His time in prison.
4. Who is Poins?
(a) Sheriff of Nottingham.
(b) Wife of Glendower.
(c) Hal's fencing tutor.
(d) Criminal and Highwayman.
5. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
(a) An assault on France's allies.
(b) A Holy Land Crusade.
(c) A peace treaty.
(d) An establishment of a University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the council meeting?
2. What is the nickname friends and family call the Prince of Wales?
3. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
4. What does the King demand of Hotspur before allowing him to leave?
5. Who interrupts Hotspur in his verbal attacks on the king?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)