|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
(a) A London market.
(b) A road to london.
(c) A tavern.
(d) The King's palace.
2. What does King Henry do when Worcester explains why he is angry?
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Asks him to remain calm.
(d) Puts him in irons.
3. Which of the following is NOT a prisoner of Henry Percy's?
(a) Earl of Anthol.
(b) Earl of Angus.
(c) Earl of Murray.
(d) Earl of Cheshire.
4. What relationship does Westmoreland have with the King?
(a) A close and trusted advisor.
(b) Leader of parliament.
(c) The King's eldest son.
(d) Money-bearer for the kingdom.
5. What is a buff jerkin?
(a) Smooth and shining platters.
(b) Pale brown ale.
(c) Leather jacket worn by sheriff's officers.
(d) Clothing worn until it is soft and pliable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
2. Who has the King lost patience with?
3. What does the Prince say he will make Falstaff when he is King?
4. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)