|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the young Henry Percy nicknamed Hotspur?
(a) His voice is very loud and abrasive.
(b) He has a hot temper.
(c) He was born in mid-summer.
(d) Hotspur means "he who rides well".
2. What was Hotspur doing when he was approached by a well-dressed man on the battlefield?
(a) Counting the dead.
(b) Tending to wounds.
(c) Working out a new plan of attack.
(d) Rallying his men.
3. Who murders Richard II?
(a) Richard III.
(c) The Douglas.
(d) King Henry IV.
4. Who teases Falstaff about being fat in the second scene?
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
5. What does the King want from Hotspur?
(a) Prisoners released.
(c) Marriage to his daughter.
(d) Money and land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Falstaff want to know at the start of Act 1, scene 2?
2. When the King meets with Hotspur, what does he say has grown thin?
3. What does Falstaff mean when he says "Zounds"?
4. Who corroborates Hotspur's account of what happened with the well-dressed man on the battlefield?
5. Where does King Henry want to go at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)