Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Hotspur?
(a) Prince Hal.
(d) Henry IV.
2. Where is the council meeting in Scene 3?
(a) Lady Glendower's palace.
(b) High Court in London.
(c) Northumberland's chambers.
(d) Windsor Castle.
3. What does Falstaff mean when he says "Zounds"?
(a) The hounds are coming.
(b) A round of free ale for all.
(c) Swearing by the King's honor.
(d) Swearing by the wounds of Christ.
4. What does Shakespeare call the King's followers?
5. What angers the King most about Henry Percy?
(a) His cunning.
(b) His pride.
(c) His power.
(d) His disloyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters describe in Act I, Scene 1?
2. What is a buff jerkin?
3. Who is the King envious of at the beginning of the book?
4. How is Mortimer related to Hotspur?
5. When Falstaff says "Marry," what does he mean?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)