|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
(a) Bardolph has a very red face.
(b) Because of his hot temper.
(c) He is always cheerful.
(d) He carries a lamp with him always.
2. Why is Falstaff called Sir John Falstaff?
(a) He stole the name from Sir John Framer.
(b) Sir John means he is Welsh born.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) Falstaff wanted to sound more royal.
3. What does Falstaff say men who steal purses should be named when the Prince is King?
4. What is the author of the letter telling Hotspur?
(a) The rebellion is too dangerous.
(b) Allies from the South will soon join.
(c) Kate, Hotspur's wife, is not to be trusted.
(d) Hotspur's father is ill.
5. What is the name of Gadshill's second man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is the Archbishop sending letters to?
3. What does the first messenger bring to Hotspur just before battle?
4. Why is the Archbishop fearful of Hotspur failing?
5. Where does Hotpsur plan to meet with the Scots?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)