|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Falstaff say is his vocation?
(d) Honest thief.
2. Why is Bardolph called the Knight of the Burning Lamp?
(a) Because of his hot temper.
(b) He is always cheerful.
(c) He carries a lamp with him always.
(d) Bardolph has a very red face.
3. Who is Lady Percy married to?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) The young Henry Percy, Hotspur.
(c) The elderly Glendower.
(d) Percy Smith, the Vintner.
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, when does Hotspur want to attack the king?
(a) He wants the king to attack first.
(c) In several weeks time.
(d) Never, he seeks peace.
5. What is unusual about the last two lines Falstaff utters in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He is speaking in iambic pentameter blank verse.
(b) The two lines are nonsensical.
(c) He sings the lines.
(d) Falstaff is being quite serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Henry IV send to fetch Prince Hal from the tavern?
2. Who has made the arrangements for the robbery?
3. What do Falstaff and the thieves do to the travelers?
4. How is the weather on the day of the battle?
5. What biblical character does Falstaff use to describe his ragged soldiers?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)